Profile for Robert Madsen > Reviews

Call Off the Search
Call Off the Search
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars A Star is born, 11 Sept. 2003
This review is from: Call Off the Search (Audio CD)
I had the chance to hear some of the tracks of CALL OFF THE SEARCH already and was blown away. Katie Melua is a new Talent discovered by Composer and Arranger Mike Batt. The Album has a jazzy and bluesy feel and reminds on old classics by Ella Fitzgerald. Katie's Voice is so brillant and she wrote some of the songs herself. Katie sings classics like "Climbing Up A Hill" as well as her own compositions like "Spider's Web".
But the real winner of the Album is her first Single. Mike Batt's new arrangement of "Closest Thing To Crazy" which has been played on BBC2 already and many Fans have signed her Guestbook on her own website [...] asking for her Album or Single.
When I first heard some of the tracks I had to think: "Ah, yes. This is exactly what I missed in our charts for all those years."
It made me feel warm and cozy and I can't wait to hear the rest of the Album.
Now finally her Album is available. Let's buy it and play that old fashioned music again.... (and again...and again...)