Profile for R. C. Mcleod > Reviews

Content by R. C. Mcleod

R. C. Mcleod "Rob McLeod" (Exeter UK)

Secrets of the Pelvis for Martial Arts: A Practical Guide for Improving Your Wujifa, Taiji, Xingyi, Bagua and Everyday Life
by Michael Buhr
Price: 8.17

3.0 out of 5 stars Perplexing, 11 Feb 2014
Some interesting concepts here and the book also acts as a useful resource for further study as the author has included extensive web based references. However, the main thrust of the book seemed to focus on the authors predilection with anal stretching and rectal self massage. I must confess that I wasn't inspired to take myself off to the bathroom armed with rubber gloves and a tube of KY jelly for a bout of intimate self discovery. I have discussed this with other internal stylists, including an eminent teacher of internal arts and they seemed as perplexed by this as I am. A book for a fairly niche market perhaps.

Acctim Acura Smartlite Radio Controlled Alarm Clock
Acctim Acura Smartlite Radio Controlled Alarm Clock
Offered by HARTS
Price: 17.32

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice clock if you don't want to actually sleep in your bedroom, 31 July 2013
Stylish alarm clock, clear easy to read display. Easy to operate controls. However, the thing that I didn't appreciate from the product description is that the darker your room gets, the brighter this clock shines. And there is no way of disabling this feature. It's rather like like having a tiny TV next to your bed all night, emitting an eerie green glow. I have to put mine under the bed when we go to sleep and my wife is still disturbed by the light that shines across to her side of the room from under the bed. If I hadn't rashly thrown away the box, this would be winging it's way back to Aunty Amazon for a refund.

Born to Groove
Born to Groove
Price: 15.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Splendid stuff!, 14 Mar 2010
This review is from: Born to Groove (Audio CD)
I happened across this chap by chance, hearing another guitarist play one of his arrangements in YouTube. I was intrigued and so tracked him down and was glad I did.
Sumide San has great technical ability but in gaining this he has not lost sight of the need for melody and his music varies from the delightfully poignant to the downright funky. If you want to check him out before commiting to a purchase (I did), then his own web site shows some examples of his playing. Enjoy!

Emprex BPF-106D Digital Photo Frame
Emprex BPF-106D Digital Photo Frame

3.0 out of 5 stars Digital Picture Frames. You get what you pay for., 5 Jan 2008
The picture quality delivered by this budget price digital frame is actually quite good. Where it falls down is in the usability of the software. The front end menu system looks as though it is going to make sense but fails to perform as expected. It took about an hour before I could coax it to display any photo's.
With hindsight, I now feel I should have spent a little more and hopefully obtained a more friendly product.