Profile for Mr. Peter Bryenton > Reviews

Content by Mr. Peter Bryenton

Mr. Peter Bryenton "focusfinder" (Worcester, UK)

My Morning View: An iPhone Photography Project about Gratitude, Grief & Good Coffee
Price: 3.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Improve your photos, 29 July 2014
Smartphone cameras and tablets have made it so easy for almost anyone to photograph almost anything. But there is a difference between a mere snapshot and a good picture. Tammy's very readable guide offers good advice based in her real-life experiences to those of you wanting to improve your photos. Her philosophy adds a level of value which may appeal to those of your struggling to overcome your inner critic and get started on a project.

Peter Bryenton
Cheltenham
England
[...]

Griffin Apple iPad Stylus Pen
Griffin Apple iPad Stylus Pen
Offered by total digital stores
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars VFM, 3 Feb 2012
VFM: Value For Money

This is neat, effective & good value for money. No problems working through a screen protector.

Recipes for Self-healing
Recipes for Self-healing
by Misha Ruth Cohen

4.0 out of 5 stars Eating to help your body help itself, 27 Mar 2000
If you believe that we are what we eat, and you are willing to try to help yourself back to good health through wise eating, this book is worth a read.
The model used to present information is the classic Chinese one, where a liver isn't just the biological organ itself, but very much more. If you have a western mind-set, but are prepared to open yourself to other, historically proven methods of understanding your own body, you should have little difficulty following the clear ideas given here.
The varied, interesting recipes put the fun back into healthy eating too.
If you are an acupuncturist, you could certainly build on the solid foundation of knowledge contained in this book, helping your clients to support and participate in their own recovery.
Peter Bryenton, March 2000

The G.I. Factor: The Glycaemic Index Solution
The G.I. Factor: The Glycaemic Index Solution
by Jennie Brand Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars If blood sugar levels affect your health, read on., 21 Dec 1999
Well over 200 pages crammed full of valuable dietary information for diabetics, athletes or anyone wanting to manage their blood sugar levels. A challenging, serious read. This book shows that choosing what and when we eat gives us direct control of our internal fuel supply.
Long-established myths about carbohydrates are debunked. Facts and figures published by the world's best nutritionists fill the pages. The comprehensive "GI Factor" food tables and numerous proven recipes are worth the cover price alone.
And me? Since reading this, I'm now eating my way to fewer migraines.

Inside the Music: The Musician's Guide to Composition, Improvisation and the Mechanics of Music
by Dave Stewart
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars If you want to write better music, start here., 21 Dec 1999
Literature is based on the 26 letters of our alphabet. From these, authors form words, sentences, paragraphs, chapters and books.
Here, Dave Stewart introduces the 12 notes of the chromatic scale. Then he encourages the wanna-be musical composer to weave them into interesting sounds. Scales, intervals, chords, rhythm and tempo are explored in detail. Clichés are exposed, alternatives suggested. Stewart unravels the theory, allowing the ordinary person to feel good about their natural music-making talents.
Comparisons between keyboard and guitar chord voicings abound. Techno-musicians will find the information on computers and MIDI invaluable. Drummers are shown beats using musical notaion. They are also introduced to alternative ideas from non-western cultures.
Reading this book made me pick up my guitar, stretch my brain and exercise my fingers. I just wish his much earlier book, "The Musician's Guide to Reading and writing Music", was still in print.