Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Kaarina Kilpiv > Reviews

Content by Kaarina Kilpiv

Kaarina Kilpiv

The Winslow Boy [DVD] [1999]
The Winslow Boy [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Rebecca Pidgeon
Offered by EU ELECTRIC

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Mamet film with an informative comment track as a bonus, 24 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Winslow Boy [DVD] [1999] (DVD)
I had seen David Mamet's version of Terence Rattigan's play on tv years ago, so I remembered the film itself. But I wanted to be able to delve on the details and the actor work as I remembered being quite taken by what the whole crew had accomplished. I was not disappointed. I simply love this film: the brilliance of the script, the acting(!), the staging, the small details with which the decline of the Winslow family's financial situation is hinted at...
I still haven't had time to watch the commented version from start to finish, but I have listened to some excerpts, and definitely want to sit and absorb it all.

Dicota Dee Backpack for Notebook - Green
Dicota Dee Backpack for Notebook - Green

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice backpack with stand-out color, 27 May 2012
This is almost exactly what I wanted: was looking for a laptop backpack that would not look the same as all the other backpacks (for example, in a dimly lit corner of a cafe). The green color does the trick brilliantly and has even been complimented upon in a local train (and that's something in Finland, the land of silence as goes for public travelling). The surface does not get smudged easily, at least not yet (after a month's use).

I could have used a little more space though, pendeling to work from quite a distance: with the laptop in its place (adequately protected), I simply could not squeeze in the book for the day's seminar without taking out either the equipment for recharging my laptop, my wallet or my Filofax diary. - Ok, the book was something like 700 pages, but you get my point...

Also there are several very handy pockets, but frankly, some of them are so small that I have been racking my brain about what they are for.
When the laptop is not in the backpack, it tends to lean and sometimes also fall forward, which I guess is often the case with laptop-carrying bags.

But enough complaining: this is a cute backpack that stands out thanks to the color. Carrying is comfortable even when the laptop is inside. If you are prepared to do some thinking as to what you plan to carry each day, the space will probably meet most people's needs. I am quite content with my purchase!

Art of the Princess and the Frog
Art of the Princess and the Frog
by Jeff Kurtti

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, beautiful!, 1 Aug. 2011
Having watched the enjoyable movie "The Princess and the Frog" about zillion times with my daughter, this book is absolutely worth purchasing! I got the feeling of really seeing the process behind animation film making.
If only there was such a thing (record? documentary?) about the film's music - which is even closer to my own interests...