Profile for AJAF > Reviews

AJAF (Scotland)

Arthur Wood 16-Piece Hydrangea Dinner Set
Arthur Wood 16-Piece Hydrangea Dinner Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality china at a good price, 13 Dec. 2013
I loved this design when I saw it and ordered a set for my daughter-in-law, who had given me carte blanche to choose some new everyday china for her Christmas present. She loved it too when she saw it. It seems to be very good quality and looks as though it will be sturdy and hard-wearing. Well-packed, so arrived all in one piece with no chips or cracks. Both pleased!

First Elevens: the birth of international football
First Elevens: the birth of international football
by Mr Andy Mitchell

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted!, 24 July 2013
I have bought this book as a present for my father-in-law who not only loves football but is also related to one of the original Scottish international players. I haven't given it to him yet but am hoping that he doesn't notice it has already been well read by me! I am not in the least interested in football, but found the book fascinating. I was delighted to be able to buy this book as he had been told it was out of print. Why? It is a book that I would have thought most football fans would find incredibly interesting - packed full of facts that can't easily be found elsewhere. Oh, and the delivery was very quick, the book arrived in perfect condition and had also been signed by the author. I anticipate that my father-in-law will be very pleased with his birthday present.

Bialetti Moka Express Espresso Maker, 6 Cup
Bialetti Moka Express Espresso Maker, 6 Cup
Offered by Moema Espresso

5.0 out of 5 stars son's fiancee thrilled, 14 Feb. 2013
I gave this to her for a Christmas present - I knew she wanted a coffee pod machine to make her favourite cappuccino coffees, but I couldn't afford one and also reckoned they are expensive to run. She was thrilled with this espresso maker and had my son trained to use it within 24 hours!

G-HUB PropUp BLACK Case Cover Faux-Leather Folio with integrated stand function and magnetic sleep sensors for Google Nexus 7 Asus Tablet (Fits all Nexus 7 versions - 8GB, 16GB, 32GB Wi-Fi & HSPA+) with Screen Protector Included
Offered by G-Hub

5.0 out of 5 stars present for daughter's geeky partner, 3 Jan. 2013
He was very pleased with it and told me that it was the one he would have chosen if he had been buying it - it does everything he wants it too and it looks right!

Levi's Men's 501 Original Fit Straight Jeans, Blue (Hook), W36/L36
Levi's Men's 501 Original Fit Straight Jeans, Blue (Hook), W36/L36

5.0 out of 5 stars bargain, 31 Oct. 2012
The jeans arrived promptly, were as described, the colour matched the photograph and the price was really low for quality Levi's

I Had a Black Dog
I Had a Black Dog
by Matthew Johnstone
Edition: Flexibound

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book!, 12 April 2010
This review is from: I Had a Black Dog (Flexibound)
I can't recommend this book enough - I have bought several copies and lend them to clients suffering from depression. The book's clever wording and superb illustrations manage to convey exactly what it is like to suffer from depression. This in itself can be very helpful as the sufferer no longer feels quite as alone and isolated as they may well have felt up until then. Secondly, many readers have said that they now see their depression in a different light - rather than seeing it as something they ARE, they can see it as something they HAVE and which, importantly, they can do something about (with the right sort of help and support#. This is a hugely important change, as, ultimately, this is the best way out of depression. And thirdly, the book is very helpful in enabling the relatives and friends of a sufferer to understand what he/she is going through, which makes it much easier for them to offer the right sort of support and encouragement.

So, if you (or someone you love) are suffering from the black dog, get hold of a copy, read it carefully, read it again and again, as many times as you need to . . . and then pass it on, if you can bear to, to others in the same boat.