Profile for netnomad > Reviews

Content by netnomad

netnomad

Casio Men's Quartz Watch with Black Dial Analogue Display and Black Resin Strap MRW-S300H-1BVEF
Offered by Find Jewellery
Price: 25.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Pay the extra for a watch with mineral glass, 28 Aug 2014
Lightweight, cheaper build than G-Shocks. Next time will pay a little extra for scratch-proof glass as I just caught mine slightly against an outside wall and got a nice scratch across its face just after receiving it.
EDIT: Have scratched it again already and now have 3 very noticeable scratches over dial face within 6 weeks. At this rate I will have to replace with a new watch soon.

In summary this watch looks good enough and is a cheap price so you do get what you pay for.
Just ensure that you avoid any rough surfaces, sharp sticking-out thingies or pointed objects.

Canon PIXMA MG2250 All-in-One Colour Printer (Print, Scan and Copy)
Canon PIXMA MG2250 All-in-One Colour Printer (Print, Scan and Copy)

2.0 out of 5 stars Fails on virtually every print usually with out of paper errors - used Canon for years but now looking at alternatives, 9 April 2014
I have been a big fan of Canon printers for over 10 years but this model has been really poor for me since first use. I encounter out of paper errors on virtually every attempt to print which is also much slower than previous models.

Previously I have owned plenty of the PIXMA range as have family, friends and clients through my recommendations, but this model now has me looking for an alternative printer. Perhaps it was a bad batch as I see others have experienced the same issues.

Berghaus Optimus 40 Wheeled Travel Bag
Berghaus Optimus 40 Wheeled Travel Bag
Price: 43.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but not going to risk for use as cabin baggage, 21 Jan 2013
I like this bag and want to love it. It breathes quality and design functionality but I bought this to use as cabin luggage so blame myself for not checking in more detail before purchase but a Black Friday deal swayed me.

It is pretty big and any way I measure this bag it comes out at an inch or 2 more than most airlines allow in length due to the wheels, handle and foot rests. Therefore I will not risk this for air travel it's just not worth the grief if it get's refused.

I just tested earlier and mine weighs 2.9 kg empty so lightweight it's not. With my laptop in it I was already well over 5kg so buyer beware if you're after cabin luggage.

I look forward to using it for short trips or a weekend away sometime in the future without air travel, maybe even as small checked in luggage. If this is all you need a small wheeled bag/backpack for then this will be an excellent choice.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 1, 2013 2:47 AM BST

Canon PowerShot A2400 IS Digital Camera - Black (16.0 MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD (discontinued by manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Brown! Very hit and miss photography., 24 Nov 2012
Mine is a dark Mocha brown (described and marked as Black) but I prefer this.
I researched for a long time budget compact digital cameras so either I got a dud, or you have to take most of the reviews on here with an even greater pinch of salt than I already do.

What I'm disappointed with is the quality of the shots which this camera takes - I have had Canons before and like the brand but using mine as a "point and click" camera results in very average quality images, even at the highest resolution settings.

With tweaking and not using "auto" mode I get better results. I have found it takes macro shots better than general landscape pictures of fields, houses etc.

There are some quick function modes for taking fisheye lens effect shots, blurred edges etc which are surprisingly good.
For this price range I do realise you can't expect a Leica.

I have given this 3 stars as I am still toying with sending it back but need to counter all the other wonderful reviews except 1 (I think) which say it takes excellent photos. However for the price I will most likely keep it as it is very compact so good for travelling - certainly not a worry to carry around in the pub or leave in a hotel room. It will easily fit in a shirt or jeans pocket, it's that small.

Overall I would advise paying a bit more for something better if you like to view high detail and crisp digital photos.

For anyone looking to get a case fro this camera I got - Case4Life Small Hard digital Camera carry case for Canon Powershot ...
It is a hard case which will protect the camera but it is by no means a snug fit so rattles around a fair bit.

The SDHC card I got which works fine is the SANDISK 8 GB Secure Digital SDHC Card - Frustration Free Packaging. But that looks out of stock as I type.

GARDMAN FLIP TOP WINDOW SUCTION WILD BIRD SEED FEEDER
GARDMAN FLIP TOP WINDOW SUCTION WILD BIRD SEED FEEDER

2.0 out of 5 stars Too cheaply made and avoid if you have squirrels, 25 Jun 2012
Very cheaply made and a non-starter if you have Squirrels around.
The clip which holds the main feed tube hardly grips the body.
The lid is very flaky and probably will not last long as it's difficult to tell from new if the clip is securely in position. As a cheap feeder the hanging version of this will be a much better buy.

Even a little Robin landing on one of the strangely large perches shakes the whole thing and the birds did not seem to like it.

The bigger rectangular open window feeders are so much better but unfortunately for us too open to abuse from Pigeons and Squirrels.

Avoid this one for windows.