Profile for netnomad > Reviews

Mool Rectangular Flat Cushioned Dog Bed, Width: 75 cm (30 inches), Light Brown
Mool Rectangular Flat Cushioned Dog Bed, Width: 75 cm (30 inches), Light Brown
Offered by Mail Order Online Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product. Dogs love it., 14 Jan. 2015
Dogs love it as seems very warm and comfortable for them. We find it excellent and with a non-slip carpet mat it stays on leather sofa.

Fellowes Powershred 60Cs Cross-Cut Personal Shredder with Safesense Technology
Fellowes Powershred 60Cs Cross-Cut Personal Shredder with Safesense Technology

2.0 out of 5 stars Next to useless! Very disappointed - overheats and cannot handle even 2 sheets at a time., 14 Jan. 2015
Useless!!
After about 2 weeks use it now jams and overheats after only 5-10 minutes. Cannot handle anymore than 2 sheets at once so back to using only 1 sheet at a time sparingly when it says it can take up to 10!
This is only thin A4 without staples as we print off often for our small business.
It's as if the motor isn't up to the job.

Draper Expert 44997 500 mm Soft-Grip Curved Blade Garden Saw
Draper Expert 44997 500 mm Soft-Grip Curved Blade Garden Saw

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb! Makes light work of small trees and pretty big branches., 26 Dec. 2014
This is superb! Cuts through branches and small trees with ease. I look forward to finding pruning and felling jobs with this even if nothing needs doing! Only tried up to about 7 inch diameter, bit hard after 5-6 inches but still pretty easy due to the great shape and wide teeth.

Great product at a very good price.

Ice-Watch Ice-Phone Retro Handset - Pink Rubberised Finish
Ice-Watch Ice-Phone Retro Handset - Pink Rubberised Finish
Offered by Image Accessories

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not work with Samsung Galaxy 3., 26 Dec. 2014
Does not work with Samsung Galaxy 3 which was a real disappointment as I bought this for girlfriend as a present. Due to price will keep for the odd Skype use but wish I had checked further down the reviews where others have pointed out that this does not work with the S3 & S4 Galaxy.

I can only comment on the ones we have which are the Galaxy S3 which does not have any sound with incoming calls so is useless, but does work with a Motorola Razr i and an old iPhone 4s.

Casio MRW-S300H-1BVEF Men's Quartz Watch with Black Dial Analogue Display and Black Resin Strap
Offered by TONEWATCH S.A.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pay the extra for a watch with mineral glass, 28 Aug. 2014
Lightweight, cheaper build than G-Shocks. Next time will pay a little extra for scratch-proof glass as I just caught mine slightly against an outside wall and got a nice scratch across its face just after receiving it.
EDIT: Have scratched it again already and now have 3 very noticeable scratches over dial face within 6 weeks. At this rate I will have to replace with a new watch soon.

In summary this watch looks good enough and is a cheap price so you do get what you pay for.
Just ensure that you avoid any rough surfaces, sharp sticking-out thingies or pointed objects.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 30, 2014 7:54 PM BST

Canon PIXMA MG2250 All-in-One Colour Printer (Print, Scan and Copy)
Canon PIXMA MG2250 All-in-One Colour Printer (Print, Scan and Copy)

2.0 out of 5 stars Fails on virtually every print usually with out of paper errors - used Canon for years but now looking at alternatives, 9 April 2014
I have been a big fan of Canon printers for over 10 years but this model has been really poor for me since first use. I encounter out of paper errors on virtually every attempt to print which is also much slower than previous models.

Previously I have owned plenty of the PIXMA range as have family, friends and clients through my recommendations, but this model now has me looking for an alternative printer. Perhaps it was a bad batch as I see others have experienced the same issues.

Berghaus Optimus 40 Wheeled Travel Bag
Berghaus Optimus 40 Wheeled Travel Bag

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but not going to risk for use as cabin baggage, 21 Jan. 2013
I like this bag and want to love it. It breathes quality and design functionality but I bought this to use as cabin luggage so blame myself for not checking in more detail before purchase but a Black Friday deal swayed me.

It is pretty big and any way I measure this bag it comes out at an inch or 2 more than most airlines allow in length due to the wheels, handle and foot rests. Therefore I will not risk this for air travel it's just not worth the grief if it get's refused.

I just tested earlier and mine weighs 2.9 kg empty so lightweight it's not. With my laptop in it I was already well over 5kg so buyer beware if you're after cabin luggage.

I look forward to using it for short trips or a weekend away sometime in the future without air travel, maybe even as small checked in luggage. If this is all you need a small wheeled bag/backpack for then this will be an excellent choice.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2015 12:46 PM GMT

Canon PowerShot A2400 IS Digital Camera - Black (16.0 MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Brown! Very hit and miss photography., 24 Nov. 2012
Mine is a dark Mocha brown (described and marked as Black) but I prefer this.
I researched for a long time budget compact digital cameras so either I got a dud, or you have to take most of the reviews on here with an even greater pinch of salt than I already do.

What I'm disappointed with is the quality of the shots which this camera takes - I have had Canons before and like the brand but using mine as a "point and click" camera results in very average quality images, even at the highest resolution settings.

With tweaking and not using "auto" mode I get better results. I have found it takes macro shots better than general landscape pictures of fields, houses etc.

There are some quick function modes for taking fisheye lens effect shots, blurred edges etc which are surprisingly good.
For this price range I do realise you can't expect a Leica.

I have given this 3 stars as I am still toying with sending it back but need to counter all the other wonderful reviews except 1 (I think) which say it takes excellent photos. However for the price I will most likely keep it as it is very compact so good for travelling - certainly not a worry to carry around in the pub or leave in a hotel room. It will easily fit in a shirt or jeans pocket, it's that small.

Overall I would advise paying a bit more for something better if you like to view high detail and crisp digital photos.

For anyone looking to get a case fro this camera I got - Case4Life Small Hard digital Camera carry case for Canon Powershot ...
It is a hard case which will protect the camera but it is by no means a snug fit so rattles around a fair bit.

The SDHC card I got which works fine is the SANDISK 8 GB Secure Digital SDHC Card - Frustration Free Packaging. But that looks out of stock as I type.

GARDMAN FLIP TOP WINDOW SUCTION WILD BIRD SEED FEEDER
GARDMAN FLIP TOP WINDOW SUCTION WILD BIRD SEED FEEDER
Offered by Get Gardening

2.0 out of 5 stars Too cheaply made and avoid if you have squirrels, 25 Jun. 2012
Very cheaply made and a non-starter if you have Squirrels around.
The clip which holds the main feed tube hardly grips the body.
The lid is very flaky and probably will not last long as it's difficult to tell from new if the clip is securely in position. As a cheap feeder the hanging version of this will be a much better buy.

Even a little Robin landing on one of the strangely large perches shakes the whole thing and the birds did not seem to like it.

The bigger rectangular open window feeders are so much better but unfortunately for us too open to abuse from Pigeons and Squirrels.

Avoid this one for windows.