Profile for jman > Reviews

Content by jman

jman

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
UtechSmart Premium 4 Port Aluminum USB Hub (11.81" cable) for iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and Mac Mini- Gold
Offered by UtechSmart UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty but why bronze?, 3 Aug 2014
It is every bit as pretty as the poster and seems to work OK. I have however a pile of these things which work great for a while then unaccountably die. Hope this one is different.

Western Digital 4 TB Elements Desktop Hard Drive
Western Digital 4 TB Elements Desktop Hard Drive

4.0 out of 5 stars WD = Well Done, 2 Aug 2014
As with all memory units only time can tell. Other than that it ticks every box. Powers down when the computer shuts down, neat size and with it's own power button. Wish list - It didn't need an external power supply but everything this size does, currently, does.
After hours of continuous use it wasn't even warm. I believe it does not have a fan and if it does I have yet to hear it.

Andrew James Black 7 Litre Premium Halogen Oven including extender ring (up to 10 litres), baking and steamer trays, lid holder + 128 recipe book + an extra easily spare replaceable bulb + 2 Year Warranty
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars Timing will tell!, 2 Aug 2014
Originally I loved this oven and my only objection to it was the difficulty in positioning the time and temp indicators because they were practically invisible. Now it is impossible to position them as all of the numbers have rubbed of. I have other timers so that is no problem but setting the temperature is pure guesswork.

Samsung 8X Ultraslim External DVD Writer - Silver
Samsung 8X Ultraslim External DVD Writer - Silver

2.0 out of 5 stars Caveat emptor, 30 July 2014
Lovely looking and seems to work well but every time I use an expensive DVD-RAM disk with this machine it comes out damaged.
I am not absolutely certain that the machine is at fault but it certainly looks that way, and the cost of 11 dead disks is most of the machine price.

Inateck Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter Nano USB 2.0 Wireless Bluetooth Dongle with LED | High Signal Strength | Compatible Windows XP / Vista / 7/8 / 8.1 | Support Bluetooth Stereo, EDR & APT-X
Offered by Inateck

2.0 out of 5 stars Puzzled1, 24 July 2014
All of my equipment recognises ti's presence but none of them will pair with it. Maybe I am not doing something right.
Update
I have to say that Inateck customer services have been outstanding being speedy, helpful and courteous.
They have, without prompting, sent me a replacement and on it's arrival I will resubmit my review.
I have had previously devices that would not pair and maybe I am simply unlucky in this respect.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 25, 2014 7:47 AM BST

Huawei Ascend P6 Case Black Genuine Leather Flip Cover
Huawei Ascend P6 Case Black Genuine Leather Flip Cover
Offered by PJA Distribution Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed, 24 July 2014
The wallet consists of a plastic tray to hold the phone with a leather cover. The cover is very good and deserves at least 4** but the cheap part, the tray, is rubbish. Had the lip of the tray had been a couple of mm deeper where possible it would probably have made all the difference between a secure grip on the phone rather than one in which the phone wobbles loosely and looks ready to fall out.

Huawei Ascend G6 4G Sim Free Smartphone (Genuine UK Stock) 4.5 inch, 1.2GHz Quad Core, 8mp and 5mp HD Cameras, MicroSD up to 32GB - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value., 1 July 2014
Not disapointed yet, Bought it for the 4g capability then discovered that my area is lucky to get 3g. It needed the phone to tell me that. Gets a bit warm in use and the battery life is nothing to cheer about and can't be replace.. The rest is all good.

Samsung 32GB Class 10 UHS-1 Grade 1 48MB/s MicroSDHC Plus Memory Card without adapter
Offered by UkMobileAccessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin I think., 1 July 2014
It is in my mobile phone as I write, where it performs well. Don't know anout the speed and don't much care.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 1 July 2014
Advertised as 2x it arrived boxed as 3x but was neither. Still it was quicker than advertised and at one fifth of Panasonics DVD-RAM I am very satisfied.

The ExecutionerTM Fly Swat Wasp Bug Mosquito Swatter Zapper
The ExecutionerTM Fly Swat Wasp Bug Mosquito Swatter Zapper

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure if my one is broken!, 9 April 2014
Nice feel to it but unless mine is broken one has to keep the button pressed for the red light to stay on which makes it very awkward to use. The appearance of the 'Executioner' has coincided with the disappearance of all of the damned pests that I intended to execute with extreme prejudice so I have to delay my submission as to it's efficacy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5