Profile for SwordSwingin > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
LEGO Star Wars 75054: AT-AT
LEGO Star Wars 75054: AT-AT
Offered by sho tanabe

5.0 out of 5 stars I have not used lego since I was like 7 years old, 10 Mar. 2015
This review is from: LEGO Star Wars 75054: AT-AT (Toy)
I'm an adult, yes I am an adult who bought some lego. I have not used lego since I was like 7 years old, as a child I don't think I used to have sets where you followed instructions, we just built things from random pieces. Fast forward many years after much deliberation over the extortionate seeming price of modern lego I decide to buy a set. I absolutely love this model. It was easy to build (for an adult) but almost therapeutic! I sat on the floor and watched TV whilst building this and it was a relaxing enjoyable experience there is no frustration or "Grrrr!! this piece didn't fit!" or "Grrr this piece is missing!" it was just fun! and at the end of it, you end up with an amazingly accurate lego portrayal of an iconic star wars ATAT which looks damn awesome!

I was a highly sceptical person who did not like lego's price, but after actually buying this set I think it is alright value given the quality of the pieces and instruction and everything, everything fits everything is there and you get spare pieces. I will buy more lego because it is rare you buy a toy which captures something as iconic in your childhood as this, a fine job by lego.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Bulova Automatic Men's Watch with Grey Dial Analogue Display and Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet 98A132

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice watch., 11 Feb. 2015
Thoughts and info rather than a review.

I bought this in the recent lightning deal, I had been looking for a stainless steel watch and have always considered an automatic to be a potential. Having seen this I immediately loved the look of the face, having an interest in engineering and metal work it looks really nice to me.

There isn't much sizing information here in the form of the sizing example pictures often shown on watch pages, so you are pretty much buying it blind.

Upon opening the box I thought whoa..that is one large watch.. I'm not sure if it is this specific watch that is large or if square watches in general tend to be larger than their circular counterparts. The size to me is too big but I am going to keep hold of it because I assume I'll adapt to it. My wrist is probably on the smaller side at 6.7 inches, if your wrist is smaller than this you may want to consider something smaller.

The instructions supplied leave a lot to be desired with most bits irrelevant to this specific model, there is zero information about how to wind the watch or how much to wind it or if you are doing it correctly, as a total automatic watch newbie this information would of been welcome.

The finish of the watch looks excellent and it feels very solid, I obviously had to remove some links which is as easy as any other watch just find yourself a thin pointed object and tap them out in the direction of the arrows on the reverse of the link. There is a clear window on the back of the watch where you can see the inside mechanism a bit more, there isn't much action really and you can see more from the small window on the front.

Also if you were wondering, to wind the watch you turn the dial from its regular "in" position, there is only an in and out, out being for setting the time.

Hopefully these small bits of information can be helpful to somebody along with the added pictures showing the clasp and general detail and different views. (it doesn't look dusty in reality its just the macro and flash showing it up).
Comment Comment | Permalink

Star Wars  Han Solo Black Series Action Figure
Star Wars Han Solo Black Series Action Figure
Offered by Mytoyfactory

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like 6" starwars you will love it., 24 Dec. 2014
An excellent figure, captures Hans likeness brilliantly, has good articulated and paint apps. There isn't much more in terms of design and accessories that you could give him.

Sony PlayStation Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0 - Black (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)
Sony PlayStation Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0 - Black (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, 24 Dec. 2014
Must buy!

This seriously is the best thing I have bought for the PS4 other than the consoles itself, The battery life is good (better than the controller) still needs charging every 2-3 days but that is fine to me.

Sound is great, there is an app you can download for free which allows you to set profiles for specific games or customise your own settings with an equalizer if you are so inclined. the Default settings have been good enough really with plenty of oomph and good range, in Alien Isolation heavy BOOM BOOM BOOM sounds as an alien clutters around in vents around you, Battlefield 4 has bullets whizzing by your ears and helicopters thumping through the air above you. The audio from players on microphones is excellent and I have been told the microphone on my end is also excellent.

They are comfortable to wear even for long periods.

I have zero faults really.. the only negatives I could mention is the "arms" of the headset have a cover which can come loose if you move the ear cup up or down (though isn't an issue) and the odd time the headphones say they are connected but there is no sound, which to remedy I have simply turned them on and off a few times or unplugged the dongle and reinserted it. Also initially when I got them I did not like how the headset cuts sound to the TV when they are in use, I'd rather have the ability to play through both at the same time.. May sound silly to some but I dislike communicating with players in a silent room where it sounds like you are just talking to yourself, I'd rather people hear i was gaming and talking than have just my voice coming from a silent room.

I never liked headsets really but I find myself wearing these often because they are just that good.

Destiny (PS4)
Destiny (PS4)
Offered by PROGAMES

2.0 out of 5 stars Then the actual game comes out and basically feels like a Beta, 24 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Destiny (PS4) (Video Game)
This game.. Oh this game.. So much expectation and hype, the Alpha and Beta were promising too! Then the actual game comes out and basically feels like a Beta.

There is no story AT ALL! there is no history no present and no future, you have zero connection to yourself, your "ghost" or any of your allies or enemies, you simply don't know who the hell anybody is or what they want! there is information on the bungie website which has info on such things, but I paid for a game no a bloody DesntiyWikia database..

You can have some fun because the gameplay is solid but that is all there is.. This is up there with the biggest fails in gaming in my opinion, they crafted a universe and forgot to fill it with anything..

Sony KDL50W829B 50-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 3D Smart TV with Freeview - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Its a nice TV but its picture is worse on SD than ..., 15 Dec. 2014
Its a nice TV but its picture is worse on SD than the plasma it is replacing, it is quite dull even on its brightests setting and has no wow factor other than its smooth motion which is pretty good.

The primary reason I'm even commenting here and not writing a review is because I had 2 of these, the first had 2 dead subpixels together creating a black dot in the mid/top of the screen, i found it unacceptable and got a replacement which had 1 dead sub pixel on the lower half of the screen i accepted it because you cannot see duringnormal usage but it is bad that you can buy 2 TVs and have both have failures like that..Sony qc seems bad.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2014 2:18 PM GMT

The Underground Legends [Explicit]
The Underground Legends [Explicit]

1.0 out of 5 stars Class destroyed by a pathetic joke of a DJ., 8 Nov. 2014
I wish I listened to Geralds review. Whilst this album has a collection of absolute classic M.O.P tracks it is completely ruined by the joke of a DJ talking and playing samples of other clowns every 15 seconds. It's a complete joke and ruins the album, I thoroughly regret buying it. If you want some M.O.P just buy their albums let this rubbish cease to exist.

FIFA 14 (PS4)
FIFA 14 (PS4)
Offered by MediaMerchants

1.0 out of 5 stars Compelled to review., 26 Sept. 2014
This review is from: FIFA 14 (PS4) (Video Game)
This game is pathetic, not a good opening line for a game.. The career mode playing as Manchester United beat West Brom on amateur win 11-0 next match against Sunderland on Semi-pro, get beat 2-1 when they had 2 shots. It it just ridiculously scripted, Sunderland were like Real Madrid with unlimited energy and Manchester United we're like slow motion circus clowns. Never will I put this in my console again, I was thinking about getting the new FIFA but after tonight playing this I don't think I will until reviews are in. Feel robbed to of bought this.

Hasbro Star Wars: The Black Series 6-inch Action Figure No. 09 Stormtrooper
Hasbro Star Wars: The Black Series 6-inch Action Figure No. 09 Stormtrooper
Offered by Mytoyfactory

4.0 out of 5 stars A great figure but not perfect., 6 Aug. 2014
The "Star Wars 'The Black Series' 6-inch Figure: #09 Storm Trooper" is a great looking figure. The articulation is great although the shoulders and upper legs suffer greatly due to the armour, however one would assume a real Stormtrooper would also suffer from the hindrance of armour. I especially like the head articulation it has a double joint neck/head allowing good range of motion. For anyone familiar with Marvel Select figures the articulation from the Star Wars Black Series line is very similar to those with double knee and elbow joints, swivel and pivot wrists and ball joint shoulders and thigh/hip and an "ab crunch" torso. It holds the weapons well I found it helpful to pry the fingers open ever so slightly with my finger nail to get the blaster in hand then the fingers move back gripping well.

Paint application is good but could be better, the white you can't get wrong right? well.. in my opinion the white should be high gloss paint or be covered in a clear coat to make it appear shinier than what it is, it is a little too matte looking for my liking. I bought 2 figures so it isn't a one off. The only discrepancies in paint application on the finer detail is very minimal such as a slight bit of black missing on the helmet front band and the vents slightly off centre (barely noticeable)

Now for the more bothersome issue, in one of the 2 figures I got the left knee was not properly fitted, the peg which connects the knee joint to the thigh was not popped into the hole, this would be a return for most buyers as the leg basically does not work and looks bad. However after buying Marvel Legends figures for a while I know that dipping the leg in hot water for a minute then squeezing the peg into the hole and running under cold water is a simple fix. However I'm sure a lot of buyers would not want to have to do this on a new figure.

This line is great for the size of them usually Star Wars figures are in the 3-4" range, to have Star Wars with this great articulation and detail is great, the only bad things are well as I mentioned the odd lapse in QC and frankly the prices are very steep. Especially if you are looking on certain auction sites. In America these sell for around $20 which is at todays conversion rate £11.88p anything over £20 is steep in my opinion. For the price point I'd like to see high gloss white paint and a stand included at least.

Battlefield 4 (PS4)
Battlefield 4 (PS4)
Offered by Gamesbuyer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not Great because of its history, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Battlefield 4 (PS4) (Video Game)
Battlefield Battlefield.. This game upon release was an unfinished buggy glitchfest of a game it became a laughing stock and EV/DICE have indeed lost many fans because of the state of this game. The multiplayer had terrible issues with the netcode causing terrible lag, the game crashed very very often in both single player and multiplayer, single player crashed could result in loss of progress.

Now after 8 MONTHS! it finally is a decent game though still not perfect, I haven't played the single player since release and aside from crashes I personally got through the campaing ok except one part where I had to ignore a firefight and just run through an area since if I engaged the enemy the game would crash.

The netcode has been patched and they plan to improve it further, the multiplayer is tons of fun and you never cease to be amazed at some of the crazy stuff that can happen at any moment. There is a pretty steep learning curve to the game but level 1 guys can take out a level 100 guy as easily as a level 1 on level 1 fight if the conditions are in your favour. Just like 1 man can take out a tank if you have a chance and some C4.

It is easy to hate on DICE and I still am sore about the state this game has been in but I'm glad they are finally fixing issues, I feel a bit ripped off about buying premium really and don't think it offers enough for the money, also levelling up is very slow, even with XP bonuses I have been playing for around 150 hours and am only level 50.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13