Profile for Francis Weyer > Reviews

Assassination of Jesse J
Assassination of Jesse J
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Bewitching music, 11 Oct 2013
I love the movie, so I gave in to the temptation to buy the soundtrack. I can't help Iistening to the CD every other day. It's minimalist music but perfectly matches the slow introspective style of the movie. Quite recommended for anyone who enjoyed the movie. The CD offers thrilling numbers that don't appear in the movie.

Schoenberg/Brahms: Piano Quartet No. 1
Schoenberg/Brahms: Piano Quartet No. 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and honest interpretation, 11 Oct 2013
I have long since wanted to have an orchestral version of Brahms' quintet nr 1 opus 25. I am fully satisfied with thisCD. The orchestra sounds splendid, especially the brass.
I have also discovered some of Berg's own music as an interesting addition

Elgar: Symphony No.2/ Enigma (Symphony No.2/ Enigma Variations) [DVD] [2011] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ London Philharmonic Orchestra

4.0 out of 5 stars Artistically excellent,, 11 Oct 2013
Solti's conducting is excellent and so is the orchestra:brisk and precise, youthfull you could say, and perfectly under control in the symphony as well in the Variations.
Is it due to my sound system ? (well i have a quite good Bose system), I would say the sound engineering of the second symphony sounds rather flat (while the Variations sound pretty well)
That's why I give of 4 instead of a 5.

The Long Riders [DVD]
The Long Riders [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Carradine

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll love the sequel, 12 Mar 2010
This review is from: The Long Riders [DVD] (DVD)
I totally agree with the laudatives on "the Long Riders".....and also the few minor restrictiions. Similarly to some viewers in this forum, I've seen it several times, and plan to do so in future.
I wanted to point out that those who loved this movie MUST also see "The Assassination of J.James by the Coward R.Ford", an introspective/active development of how the Ford brothers were led from admiration for J.James to his assassination.
You'll love it.