Profile for Some Girl > Reviews

Content by Some Girl

Some Girl "Some Girl" (England)

Earl Mindell's New Vitamin Bible
Earl Mindell's New Vitamin Bible
by Earl Mindell
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Better way to think about food!, 1 May 2012
The best part about this book is that it shows you what different foods vitamins and minerals are in I literally do think of food in terms of nice hair and nails, good skin, energy, concentration thanks to this book! Healthy eating is a breeze thanks to what Ive learnt with this

Rio Evolution Electrolysis Hair Removal Tweezers
Rio Evolution Electrolysis Hair Removal Tweezers

1.0 out of 5 stars Why this method will never work., 23 April 2009
Electrolysis treatments are very successful and unlike laser can treat a wide variety of thickness and colour.

However, in order for electrolysis to work affectively, the needle must be in contact with the root.
When the hair thin needle in slid down the hair shaft, if it is not down far enough or has missed the root, it WILL NOT WORK.
Any qualified electrolysis practitioner will tell you this, for free!

A good electrolysist is a good judge of the length of the hair below the surface. Even with the most powerful machines and even with combo machines..if the needle is not in the root..it will not 'weaken' or 'stop' the hair from regrowing.

If you are still in doubt, look in the phone book, call a few electrolysists and find out for yourself.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2011 7:33 PM GMT

Baby's First Signs
Baby's First Signs
by Kim Votry
Edition: Board book

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun and easy to use, a little basic though, 6 Dec 2003
This review is from: Baby's First Signs (Board book)
This book is great in a way. But, it only has one sign for drinks, namely milk, so if you are looking to give your baby juice soon, look for one with a little more to it.
It has 14 signs in all that cover all aspects of your babys chat, like mummy, daddy bath, etc.
Again for food the only sign is 'eat'. It's very good and a very useful little book, very fun and easy to use. But there are books as easy to use as this one that have more signs for food and drink so your baby can tell you if he or she would like something sweet or something a little more savoury, hope this helps.
P.s Using this book will inhance your babies ability to comunicate it will not stall there speech, infact it encourages it, everyone should have at least one like this.

Jade's Dance Workout [DVD] [2002]
Jade's Dance Workout [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Jade Goody
Offered by OnlineMusicFilmsGames

3.0 out of 5 stars The extra feature's prove jade never lost wieght this way, 2 April 2003
I actually found the video quite charming. Jade, to me is so sweet, and she's good fun to watch. I loved but, unfortunatly quickly tired of the music. I doubt you will get fit with this video alone, it just isn't challenging enough.
But perhaps the most shocking thing to me was found in the extra features. Whilst being asked how she found training jade to do this video, the choriographer replys, well we first met 2 weeks ago!!! So there you have it, another fine example of marketing at work.
Still, not an altogether crap buy. If you're a first time worker-outer (is that a word?) then this is a nice gently, friendly and fun way to get into exercise.
End of story.

100% Ginuwine
100% Ginuwine
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars My age plays a part in my rating...=), 2 April 2003
This review is from: 100% Ginuwine (Audio CD)
Overall this is a good effort. It's more of a lurve making album than anything else, but that in itself is a little strange as the lyrics are more explainitary to the life of a young teenager.
Fantastic music, I absolutely love it, it stays true to the best of modern soul. With Timberland being the producer, that's no real surprise, it is propper Tim stylee.
Final warning is probably the best track on the album, I'll keep mine for now, but I do wish I'd of hunted down the single instead. (Final warning was my drive for buying the album in the first place)
Nothing more to say really, it's smoochie, but a little too young for anyone who has already had thier first relationship. Just a little to adolesent for me.

The Sims Online
The Sims Online

3.0 out of 5 stars I was one of the online tester's..., 2 April 2003
This review is from: The Sims Online (Video Game)
There are pro's and cons to this game.
One of the pro's is being able to chat to other Sim lover's while playing and achieving your goals (namely skill building). I have to admit, I found this a little wierd at first. Having been used to the privacy of playing the game as a PC game, but once I got into it, I found quite often the game was secondary to the people I met.
The game only has one speed, naturally. So if you're not into the idea of online 'chat' then, this is just going to be a frustratingly long game for you.
But then, on the other hand, don't knock 'chat' till you try it!
The game isn't as overrun with teenagers as I had feared. I'm 27 and found a surprising and reassuring amount of people my age and over, you may have to hunt around for a bit, as more and more people log onto the game, but they are there, and they are very friendly folks!...my advice is, don't buy property until you've made a few friends. Nobody minds if you take a shower, nap or a meal at there homes, infact it's welcomed.
Naturally there are objects in the game you won't find anywhere else. You don't 'GO' to work in this game. You make money thru the objects. There is a pizza making machine (very expensive to buy-but not impossible) people who own these often charge a small fee for its use, but this is nothing compared to what you can earn. You need four people to play, and I found it to be a good ice-breaker for newbes. There are still the traditional ways to earn money, painting for one, but I'm affraid these are small fry compared to the new, social driven, money making objects. I won't spoil the surprise's for you, trust me, they are great fun! Garenteed to have you doubled up with laughter =)
On the subject of cash! You don't get an awful lot to start with. While I was testing this was the main complaint from other players. Personally I like the logic. You don't have the money to build an amazing property, you can't earn money on your own...so..you HAVE to socialize! That really sums up the nature of the game. It's about meeting people. You meet sims in your game, now there's a real person behind every one of them, it's great, but, there isn't any other option. If you want solitude while playing, you won't last 2 sim days in this game.
If you can get into it, you will view this as a giant leap forward for gaming. It will stand up to everything you would expect to be possible in this day and age.
If you can't, you will have a list of complaints as long as your arm.
I gave the game 3 stars, because I don't have the time to keep up the social side of things, and people kept forgetting who I was! They remembered my sim, and a few details about me, but what with new people coming in and out all the time (at the moment anyway, this will change) I found myself having the same conversation's over and over. I'm intending to get back into the game as soon as I can dedicate the time to it, (I was logging on once a week...I mean, that's not gonna work is it?) In honesty, I wish I was still at school so I could have the time, but I don't. So my overall feelings toward the game are best summed up with a 3....for now.

Nude Dimensions Vol. 2
Nude Dimensions Vol. 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Think layed back, chilled out, and your half way there~, 16 Sep 2002
This review is from: Nude Dimensions Vol. 2 (Audio CD)
A very seductive album. I've played this a zillion times already, and in company its always met with smiles. Track 10: Be Sincere, is probably the best known on this album and is basically the tone of the album. For those who have not yet experianced any of the Naked Music releases.. Think; layed back, chilling with friends, driving thru cityscapes and countryside, drinking good wine...It's the perfect match to all of these. Personally I favour volume 3 in this range. Slightly less chilled, and not as disco as V.1
If you not sure about this album, try Carte Blanche V.1-3 They have a similar vibe, but with a slightly hippy edge.

Miguel Migs Nude Tempo One
Miguel Migs Nude Tempo One

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good vibe session from the master @ Naked Music, 16 Sep 2002
This album has a great feel to it, it's an 'up' vibe, without going to high..It's mellow without sending u to sleep, a real nice ride. It makes for a great driving album, and definately a must for entertaining friends, just at the point where ur starting to feel the wine, stick this on, and see what happens. A definate good feel factor.

Carte Blanche: Volume One
Carte Blanche: Volume One
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars A REAL GEM~, 16 Sep 2002
I actually found this in a record shop, and I've since bought all other additions thru Amazon.
Evertime I play this album, people go nuts! They want it!
As u can tell be the samples given above, It's very mellow and very atmospheric. It wouldn't be a great album for a party, at least not untill the end, but it's a fantastic album to relax with. I found I can play this with young and old friends of mine and it always sets the mood for a night of really good conversation...U will not be let down with album, it's a real gem. Possibly the best of all three..the other two are slightly more retro-ish and experimental.

On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
by Stephen King
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Any beginners serious about writting should have this Audio, 13 Mar 2001
This is one of the most helpful pieces of information I was able to find. After attending short courses, reading self-help books and dummies guides, I finnallly found what I was looking for. A no nonsence guide to the craft.