Profile for alycidon > Reviews

Replacement Remote Control For Panasonic TV
Replacement Remote Control For Panasonic TV
Offered by Genuine-remote-controls

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb remote-control, 8 Oct 2014
Quite honestly, for just over three quid, I thought I may have been backing a loser with this one, but I have been very pleasantly surprised. While it is not an exact replica of the Panasonic, i.e. the buttons are in different places, it works a treat and although I have only been using it for a week, it does not appear flimsy, and I suspect that it will last for some time. If I only get six months from it, it will have been worth it, and I would recommend it. You simply canno go wrong at this price.

Greenbrook T73A-C 13A Electro-Mechanical Plug-in Segment 24hr Time Controller
Greenbrook T73A-C 13A Electro-Mechanical Plug-in Segment 24hr Time Controller

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy., 21 Sep 2014
Replacement to operate my landing light. Does what it says, and no complaints.

Twentieth Century Narrative Poems (English Classics S.)
Twentieth Century Narrative Poems (English Classics S.)
by Maurice Wollman

4.0 out of 5 stars I'd been hunting for years!, 21 Sep 2014
I used this book in school in the 1950s and had been trying to find a copy for a good many years. This is exactly what I wanted, and the description was wholly accurate. It's a bit battered, but so what? I can read all the poems OK which was my express intention.

Panasonic Blu Ray Remote Control N2QAYB000337 For Models DMR-BS750EBK, DMR-BS850EBK
Offered by cherrypickelectronics

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says, 25 May 2014
Completely satisfied. Now I can work all functions with it, but am prepared to accept that it, too, may wear out in four years time like the original did.

Jakar Automatic Elec Battery Pencil Sharpener Free P&P
Jakar Automatic Elec Battery Pencil Sharpener Free P&P
Offered by Claris

1.0 out of 5 stars A curate's egg, 25 May 2014
I hesitate to write anything detrimental about this sharpener because there are so many favourable reviews, but the question must be 'how can one simple object receive such a diversity of reviews?'

I bought this for my wife's birthday - she is an artist and needs to be constantly sharpening her pencils, but from the moment she first tried it, she failed to get one single pencil with a decent point. Every pencil came with a flat end to it. We returned it, and received a credit for both the device, and the postage incurred, very quickly.

I don't like making negative reviews, but in this instance I can only tell it like it is. Sorry!

Mr. Beck's Underground Map
Mr. Beck's Underground Map
by Ken Garland

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Beck's Underground Map, 27 Sep 2013
I have seldom been so pleased with a book as when this one arrived. I have always regarded the map as a work of art, apart from its practical function, and have been acquainted with the London Underground since 1947 when the Central Line arrived at our local station, Gants Hill. This book has expanded my knowledge comprehensively, with details of all the previous incarnations - written as extended captions, while the history and politics of the design are given in a separate narrative. I am very, very happy with the book, and would confidently recommend it to anyone who wishes to know more about the history of Harry Beck's invention.

Scottish Gifts - Scottish Car Sticker - Scotland Flag - Saltire - Shield - UK Gifts
Offered by Union Jack Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Saltire Car sticker, 13 Sep 2013
Fine. Adhesive on the reverse - which is what I required. Didn't come off the back window when it rained.

Tone Deaf Music 13 Tone Pitch Pipe C-C
Tone Deaf Music 13 Tone Pitch Pipe C-C

5.0 out of 5 stars Thirteen Tone Pitch Pipe C to C, 13 Sep 2013
Nothing wrong with this so far as I can see. It gives the note required although I have not yet used it to precent in church yet. One slight drawback is the fact that the engraved note names are a little difficult to decipher - but I put this down to my age and diminishing sight.

Mozart: String Quartet K428 (No 16); String Quintets K515 (No 3) /The Lindsays
Mozart: String Quartet K428 (No 16); String Quintets K515 (No 3) /The Lindsays
Offered by Bottega Discantica

4.0 out of 5 stars Mozart: Quartet K428/Quintet K515; The Lindsays, 13 Sep 2013
This CD was fine, plays well, no defects. the only reason it has lost a star is because the jewel case was grubby, and the first thing I had to do was clean the case.

Black & Decker KS890ECN Scorpion Saw
Black & Decker KS890ECN Scorpion Saw

5.0 out of 5 stars Scorpion Saw, 1 Mar 2013
I've only had chance to use it once or twice, and it certainly works well cutting smallish logs for the woodburner. I recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2