Profile for Ann Hadley > Reviews

Ann Hadley

Praise and Worship Songs - Videos
Praise and Worship Songs - Videos

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I thought, 22 Dec. 2014
It isn't at all what I expected. I thought it was a collection of worship songs but all you have is a series of links to YouTube and not all of them work.

A Scots Quair
A Scots Quair

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth persevering with, 30 Nov. 2014
This review is from: A Scots Quair (Kindle Edition)
I've only read the Sunset Song so far and I loved it. A very moving story once you get used to the style and the Scots language. It's a pity the Kindle edition does not have a glossary which the paperback version of Sunset Song does.

Collins English Dictionary & Thesaurus
Collins English Dictionary & Thesaurus

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing., 30 Nov. 2014
Useless on Kindle Fire. I agree with a previous reviewer that this could be made much clearer on Amazon. I am only keeping it because I also have a basic Kindle and I think it will be OK on there.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars One happy grandson, 25 Jan. 2014
My 4 year-old grandson loves it. It's cuddly and soft. The only reason I gave it 4 not 5 stars is that the fur tends to get caught in the zip, making it a bit tricky for a 4 year-old. He may sometimes need help to get it out of its house or put it away.

Amazon Standing Leather Cover, Royal Purple  [will only fit Kindle Fire HD 8.9 (2nd Generation)]
Amazon Standing Leather Cover, Royal Purple [will only fit Kindle Fire HD 8.9 (2nd Generation)]

2.0 out of 5 stars Have I got the same case?, 18 May 2013
Reading other reviews I can't believe they are about the same item. I agree it is a stylish case and I like the way it opens etc. BUT it does not stand up anything like as well as I expected. When I use the kindle on a table the case slips. Sorry but £37 for something which does not do what it says is not on. I shall be returning it.

Times Cryptic Crossword Book 16: 80 of the world's most famous crossword puzzles
by The Times Mind Games

5.0 out of 5 stars A crossword addict's delight, 3 April 2013
If you are addicted to cryptic crosswords, what better than 80 Times crosswords? It certainly helps to keep the old brain ticking over.

War Brides
War Brides

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 3 April 2013
This review is from: War Brides (Kindle Edition)
I found it a very light read, with a most improbable story line, so not really my cup of tea at all.

The Munros: A Walkhighlands Guide
The Munros: A Walkhighlands Guide
by Paul Webster

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks good!, 3 April 2013
I haven't done any of the Munros using this book yet, but it looks as if it will do exactly what it promises. My only criticism is the weight. It is not something I'll be carrying with me when I do the walks! However I am sure I'll be able to use the book to plan my walks and then use a map on the day. Of course if I really got my act together I could copy the relevant pages!

When You Pray: Daily Bible Reflections for Lent and Easter on the Lord's Prayer
When You Pray: Daily Bible Reflections for Lent and Easter on the Lord's Prayer

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 7 Mar. 2013
I gave this book a 4 star rating because it is well written and it is what is says it is - a series of daily reflections for Lent, though you could use it at any time of the year really. If it had more links and navigation tools in the Kindle version I might have given it 5 stars. There are links to the first day of each week. Within that it's a case of page forward and that can take a while!
I have been using it this Lent and am being blessed by it.