Profile for Derek Jones > Reviews

Content by Derek Jones
Top Reviewer Ranking: 99

Derek Jones
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Laurel & Hardy - The Collection (21-disc Box Set) [DVD]
Laurel & Hardy - The Collection (21-disc Box Set) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stan Laurel

4.0 out of 5 stars Good on a computer monitor, 26 Aug 2014
I have watched all these films on a high quality computer monitor whilst using my exercise bike. The length of most of these Hal Roach comedies makes these films ideal for that purpose. I am more than satisfied with the quality of the picture and sound and it is interesting to see the colorized versions.

However, inflation seems to have taken hold. I bought this L&H collection from Amazon 3.5 years ago for less than £25. The current price as I write this is almost six times as much. At less than 25 quid it was an incredible bargain, but I would not want for fork out more than a hundred quid.

Eco-Nique Natural Hemp Brown Case Cover for 6-inch Amazon Kindle 3/Global Wireless - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A good fit and comfortable to hold, 26 Aug 2014
I have had this for more than three years and it has stood up well to wear and tear. A good fit and comfortable to hold.

Vax Steam Detergent, 500 ml
Vax Steam Detergent, 500 ml
Offered by Aid Cleaning Store

3.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant scent but not sure about its cleaning powers, 26 Aug 2014
It seems rather expensive for what it is and I do not notice a great deal of difference when using the mop with or without the detergent. However, it does have a very pleasant scent.

Edimax EW-7622UMN 300Mbps Wireless 802.11b/g/n USB Nano Adapter
Edimax EW-7622UMN 300Mbps Wireless 802.11b/g/n USB Nano Adapter

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well for me, 25 Aug 2014
I have noticed a number of critical reviews but it works fine (and quickly) for me

Vax Steam Mop - S2S-1 Bare Floor Pro With Detergent
Vax Steam Mop - S2S-1 Bare Floor Pro With Detergent
Offered by Topnotchsales

5.0 out of 5 stars It has persuaded me to clean the kitchen floor, 25 Aug 2014
I bought this for my wife but it is so easy to use that I now regularly clean the kitchen floor instead of my wife. It does a really good job.

Logitech Webcam Pro 9000
Logitech Webcam Pro 9000

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Aug 2014
The best webcam I have ever owned.

Spear & Jackson - Razorsharp Blade Sharpener
Spear & Jackson - Razorsharp Blade Sharpener

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 25 Aug 2014
I bought this three years ago, and I do not know why I waited so long to buy a blade sharpener. It does a good job on my garden tools.

Dell U2711 Ultrasharp 27 inch Premier colour Widescreen Monitor (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars ... monitor for almost three years and have been very pleased with it, 25 Aug 2014
I have owned this monitor for almost three years and have been very pleased with it. However, I think it should be pointed out that this monitor sold by Amazon does not have the guarantee against missing pixels that is attached to the same monitor sold direct by Dell (albeit at a higher price)..

Kitchen Craft Meat Thermometer, Stainless Steel
Kitchen Craft Meat Thermometer, Stainless Steel

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful product, 25 Aug 2014
I cannot be certain about the accuracy but it does seem to be accurate. It is certainly useful to be able to monitor the temperature of the meat though I find that I have to open the oven door in order to be able to read it.

Epson Durabrite T1285 Fox Genuine Multipack Ink Cartridges
Epson Durabrite T1285 Fox Genuine Multipack Ink Cartridges

3.0 out of 5 stars The bigger cartridges are better value, 25 Aug 2014
I always use genuine Epson cartridges and I have no complaint with the quality of these. However, they do not hold much ink. It is both cheaper and more convenient to buy the larger cartridges with the apple logo.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15