Profile for Derek Jones > Reviews

Content by Derek Jones
Top Reviewer Ranking: 251

Derek Jones
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Masterplug HDCC5013/4BL 50m 4 Socket 13 Amp Open Cable Reel with Thermal Cut Out and Reset Button
Price: 51.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with it, 15 Jun 2014
I have a large garden and had previously connected together several extension leads. This dispenses with that need. The fact that it is rolled up on a drum after use means I have no more kinks in the cable. I wish I had bought it several years earlier.

The Time Traveller's Guide to Elizabethan England
The Time Traveller's Guide to Elizabethan England
by Ian Mortimer
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Mortimer is on a winner, 15 Jun 2014
Ian Mortimer is on a winner with this format. How many of us have read history books and wondered what people ate and wore, what their houses were like, and what life was like for ordinary people? Mortimer provides the answers for Tudor England in this book and for Medieval England in his earlier book.

Rolson 3-Piece 24 LED Lamp with Hook and Magnet Set
Rolson 3-Piece 24 LED Lamp with Hook and Magnet Set
Offered by ndlwholesale
Price: 10.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, 15 Jun 2014
These lamps are surprisingly good given their small size. I agree with all the other favourable reviews here. I have bought extra lamps because I find them so useful.

Wolfcraft - Waterpump Attachment for drills - 1300 Ltr/Hr
Wolfcraft - Waterpump Attachment for drills - 1300 Ltr/Hr
Price: 10.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Robust, 15 Jun 2014
I had previously had a Black and Decker attachment but it was not very robust and did not last long. I bought this when I had a problem with my septic tank drainage and had to regularly drain the liquid tank whilst waiting for repairs. It was used for many hours over a three week period and did the job very well.

Pack of 100 - C4 / A4 - Board Backed Envelopes - Please do not bend - Prime or Super Saver Delivery
Offered by Packaging.Products.Direct
Price: 13.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable value, 15 Jun 2014
Good, strong envelopes that are remarkable value when bought in bulk, for they are a fraction of the price charged in stationers. Of course, they a bargain only if you need so many large envelopes.

Procter Pest-Stop Little Nipper Mouse Trap Boxed (x2)
Procter Pest-Stop Little Nipper Mouse Trap Boxed (x2)
Price: 2.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than most of the plastic alternatives, 15 Jun 2014
I have used these traps for many years. The problems are well-known: one has to get the sensitivity just right or it will either go off without catching anything, or the mouse will take the bait without the trap going of. In addition the wooden traps become badly stained after a few kills. However, the Nipper is better than all the plastic alternatives I have tried with the exception of the Procter Pest-Stop Sure-set Plastic Mousetrap

6 x Rat Trap Catching Heavy Duty Snap Mouse E Trap-Easy Set/Bait/Pest Catcher
6 x Rat Trap Catching Heavy Duty Snap Mouse E Trap-Easy Set/Bait/Pest Catcher

4.0 out of 5 stars I caught the rat, 15 Jun 2014
Having failed with a cage trap and I bought this pack of six in an attempt to catch a rat I saw regularly under a bird feeder. I set three traps with peanut butter and bird seed, and on the first night all three traps went off without catching anything. On the next night I caught the blighter. Strong trap and easy to set.. I am surprised that some reviewers have found that it does not always kill the rats when it traps them.

Accusharp Gardensharp Knife and Tool Sharpener, Green/ White
Accusharp Gardensharp Knife and Tool Sharpener, Green/ White
Price: 11.32

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I had bought it sooner, 15 Jun 2014
I have always used knife sharpeners but had never used a tool sharpener until I bought this one. I have ben surprised how good a job it has done on a variety of tools. Not expensive and good value.

Groundsman  9-inch Deck Scrub with Handle
Groundsman 9-inch Deck Scrub with Handle
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Jun 2014
I bought it for my patio, which had become very dirty and showing mossy areas. This brush is very good. I have scrubbed really hard and the bristles are as good as ever.

Roundup Ultra 3000 1 Litre Concentrate Weedkiller
Roundup Ultra 3000 1 Litre Concentrate Weedkiller
Price: 40.80

5.0 out of 5 stars It does the business, 16 May 2014
This really does work if you follow the instructions for different strengths for different types of weed. I use it al full strength with a sprayer (much more economical than a watering can) and find that it works best if application if followed by several fine, sunny days. After a week nothing much has happened. After two weeks most of the weeds are starting to look sickly. Within a month nothing is left alive. Nettles are the last to die. The instructions do not mention ivy. Roundup will kill ivy but only at a high concentration, but the instructions do not indicate the necessary strength. I note that a special strength Roundup is sold to deal with ivy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10