Profile for Derek Jones > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
The Big Cheese Rat Cage Trap
The Big Cheese Rat Cage Trap

3.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps I have been unlucky, 23 Aug. 2014
Given the reviews here these traps must work for at least some people. Perhaps I have been unlucky - or too impatient. I set one of these traps and moved it around for a couple of weeks but caught nothing in spite of trying a variety of recommended baits. I then tried a couple of plastic snap traps and they worked within days. No more rats at present but if more appear in future I shall set both the cage trap and the snap traps.

DeWalt Protector Clear Ploycarbon Safety Glasses - Yellow/Clear, One Size
DeWalt Protector Clear Ploycarbon Safety Glasses - Yellow/Clear, One Size
Offered by TOOLFREAK UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and robust, 23 Aug. 2014
I purchased this product at the same time as a pair of Softilux glasses by Lux Optical. Both are excellent. These glasses are perhaps not as elegant as the slightly cheaper Softilux but they do give more protection at the side of the eye and the yellow does enable you to put them down without losing them. Comfortable to wear and robust.

Russell Hobbs 18224 6.5L Digital Slow Cooker - Stainless Steel
Russell Hobbs 18224 6.5L Digital Slow Cooker - Stainless Steel

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but with one annoying feature, 23 Aug. 2014
Many slow cookers cook too quickly but not his one: on low setting it is just right. One can start a casserole or a treat such as a joint of brisket when leaving in the morning and return to discover it has been cooked to perfection. The one niggle is that when cooking on low the cooker has to be pre-heated before the ingredients are placed in the bowl. It is a large cooker and though there are usually only two of us I like to use it to cook enough to put a couple of meals in the freezer.

Defenders Animal Trap Cage - Small
Defenders Animal Trap Cage - Small

3.0 out of 5 stars Inconsistent manufacture?, 22 Aug. 2014
I think there is a problem with consistency in manufacture. Of the two traps I ordered one did not work very well: on several occasions the bait was taken without springing the trap. However, the other trap worked perfectly, and I caught 4 squirrels within 5 days.

LED Lenser Police Tech Focus Torch (Cobalt) - Gift Box
LED Lenser Police Tech Focus Torch (Cobalt) - Gift Box
Offered by Runners Request

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of power in a small body, 22 Aug. 2014
I am old enough to remember the time when one had to buy a monster of a torch to have any power. I bought this for my wife and she thinks it is the cat's whiskers. It is small enough to carry in her handbag and more than powerful enough for her to make her way around the unlit streets in our village at night.

Kingston Technology 8 GB USB 2.0 DataTraveler SE9H Flash Drive with Metal Casing - Frustration Free Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 22 Aug. 2014
I bought four of these (all 8 GB) a year ago and all have performed well. I have seen complaints about the speed but it seems OK to me. The attractive minimalist design is a bonus. The price I paid made them very good value.

Lux Optical - Safety glassesSOFTILUX
Lux Optical - Safety glassesSOFTILUX

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 22 Aug. 2014
Comfortable and effective - and good-looking for safety glasses. I use them for gardening jobs such as hedge-cutting.

Epson Stylus Sx235W All-In-One Printer with High Speed Wifi (Print, Copy and Scan)

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I had expected, 22 Aug. 2014
Having previously used only expensive photo printers I was surprised at just how good, versatile and cheap this printer is. I have noticed complaints that the ink runs out quickly. Well, I have never found a printer yet whose ink does not seem to run out quickly. I urge people to buy the larger cartridges (apple) that are available for they seem to be better value than the standard ones supplied with the printer. The printer does not print photos as well as a dedicated photo printer but I was surprised at how good a job it does. Similarly the scan facility is not as good as a dedicated scanner but very acceptable. The copy function is also more than adequate and very quick.

Cole & Mason Precision Grind Forest Capstan Dark Wood Pepper Mill, 40.5 cm
Cole & Mason Precision Grind Forest Capstan Dark Wood Pepper Mill, 40.5 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Handsome and practical, 22 Aug. 2014
I am still delighted with this product after 18 months of use. It is good-looking and practical: I am pleased not to have to constantly refill a pepper mill. At first the pepper seemed too coarse and then my wife pointed out that it can be adjusted and changed the grind to fine.

Garden Clogs, Gardening Shoes, Dunlop Unisex Goloshes. Size 3-11UK 36-46EU
Garden Clogs, Gardening Shoes, Dunlop Unisex Goloshes. Size 3-11UK 36-46EU
Price: £6.79 - £14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Not thornproof but otherwise excellent, 22 Aug. 2014
I have had a pair of these garden shoes for several years. They are comfortable and sturdy and have stood up to constant wear for a long period with just one problem - thorns. I have a long hawthorn hedge that requires annual pruning. Over time I have trodden on thorns and some have penetrated through the soles. I have found it impossible to remove them in most cases so I simply break off the tips of the thorns inside the shoes. However, I am so impressed with these shoes in every other way that I have now bought a second pair and intend to use the older pair only when working on the hedge.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16