Profile for algy > Reviews

Sorbothane Sorbo-Pro Total Control Insoles - Size UK10
Sorbothane Sorbo-Pro Total Control Insoles - Size UK10
Offered by SDA-Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars foot support, 28 Nov 2011
The insole is doing its job well at work in my boots. I am about to order another pair for my shoes. The instep support, on this variety of sorbothane insoles, is an improvement for me. However, as one reviewer pointed out you must be sure that you need such support and that your shoes will take the fitting. I am a size 9 and, with walking socks, I buy a size 10 shoe, depending on style, and boot.

The Musicals Collection [West Side Story, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Fiddler On The Roof, Man Of La Mancha, Guys & Dolls] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter O'Toole

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD musical, 15 Sep 2011
Bought for my wife's birthday this set contains first class entertainment. Though I'm not fond of West Side Story, my wife said she enjoyed them all. Man of La Mancha, new to my wife, was good to see again. All in all this collection is essential...

Ford Focus '98-05 Retro Fit Flat AERO VU Windshield Wiper Blade - SINGLE REAR Windscreen Wiper

5.0 out of 5 stars Car Parts, 6 Aug 2011
Item looked a good design in the advert and, now installed, looks good on the car. Performance is as it should be but winter time use has yet to be assessed. My criticism is that unless you have the Amazon item page, or print thereof, in front of you, there is no intuitive way to install the wiper. Perhaps computer software has made me lazy but the plastic "lid", that has to be moved away to allow the arm to be inserted, is stronger than you think. A strong pull is needed to swing it away. Also the arm's hooked end requires a very firm pull to fully engage with the wiper's connecting adapter. All things considered I never thought that a mundane item such as a wiper arm could be redesigned so well without "blue light bling".

Russell Hobbs 13824-10 Mini Kitchen with Convection Oven and 2 Hot Plates 3000 W

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift to Daughter, 15 Jun 2011
The item was delivered on time and though the packaging showed small signs of damage the oven was in good order. My daughter, not an adventurous cook, finds the oven convenient and that it performs well. The item fits the space in her flat's small kitchen and she now is sourcing a shelving unit to fit underneath and put the unit at work top height.

The Best Of Live 3 DVD Set
The Best Of Live 3 DVD Set
Dvd ~ Andre Rieu
Offered by brrsales

5.0 out of 5 stars rieu, 15 Jan 2011
This review is from: The Best Of Live 3 DVD Set (DVD)
Good and lively entertainment: the format of which at times reminds me of the 1950s variety radio programmes. The soloists are very good, even for the music academics out there,and my wife and I enjoy the whole package very much.

Rhinestone Cowboy - The Best Of Glen Campbell
Rhinestone Cowboy - The Best Of Glen Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars iconic music, 2 Dec 2010
For me Glen Campbell has an easy listening voice and most of his songs fit my changing moods particularly when I am driving. I down loaded the whole album so no back up cd. My backed up desk top computer holds the "master" whilst I use a usb stick to play through the car radio. The quality of music reproduction is great and Glen Campbell's music keeps me on "even keel".

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Tyre Compressor, 9 Oct 2010
The tyre compressor works well and the screw end for connection to the tyre valve though a bit fiddly fits more accurately than the clip on type. Instructions are fine but practice at home in the drive way and not on a rainy night on a country lane. Auto mode is good and once you have set your pressure the final registered pressure displayed is within 1 psi. However, I am not sure the gauge is all that accurate.

The pressure pipe stowage is very good but as usual the power cable and plug cannot be put away without care or the internal wire will break with use.

The supplier delivered within five days of order.

Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 (3 PC, 1 Year subscriptions) (PC)
Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 (3 PC, 1 Year subscriptions) (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy set up, 11 Jun 2010
I needed a better, low overhead security package to replace the Eset and Zone alarm combination used before my desk top hardware "fell over". Consumer Association and other security reviews and tests found Kaspersky most effective without associated heavy processor demands. Norton packages are the best on test but are costly in cash and processor terms.

c1970 Wedgwood pale blue Jasper Ware trumpet vase standing 15cm in height
c1970 Wedgwood pale blue Jasper Ware trumpet vase standing 15cm in height

5.0 out of 5 stars Antique Classic, 15 Feb 2010
I bought this as a present for my wife some years ago. A bit selfish as I like the style as well. It was not bought at a bargain price and capital appreciation was not the aim in acquiring the vase. It is a classical piece of Wedgwood in the iconic pale blue. We see it every day and, in winter dullness, adds that something special and enduring.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Computer Extension, 15 Feb 2010
Unpacked it, plugged the usb connections, added the external hard drives, plugged in the independent power supply (necessary if connecting several devices) and I set up a full backup in motion. All this in about ten minutes and I enjoyed a cup of tea whilst the backup took place. Several weeks latter all is still well and my backups have never been so complete and up to date. Sheer convenience is what it is about and this item does it so well. The usb top connector allows usb sticks to be loaded with music for the car radio without the usual disconnecting and reconnecting of wires or other devices. Whats more I did not need to bother my son for help at all.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8