Profile for Mr. Glen Cousner > Reviews

Content by Mr. Glen Cousner

Mr. Glen Cousner "WKD MAN" (Northampton, England)

Zyliss Extra Large Rotary Cheese Grater with Fine and Coarse Drums
Zyliss Extra Large Rotary Cheese Grater with Fine and Coarse Drums
Price: 21.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant....., 4 Jun 2012
OK so it's a cheese grater.... but no longer do I grate my finger tips or get cheese under my finger nails trying to grate the stuff.....
The different drums pop in and out easily, it washes in seconds...it does what it says on the tin.

Buy one..... (and no, I don't work for the manufacturer!)

Sennheiser PMX 680i Rugged Neckband Headset with Integrated Remote and Mic
Sennheiser PMX 680i Rugged Neckband Headset with Integrated Remote and Mic

2.0 out of 5 stars Good build but poor elsewhere!, 19 May 2012
I started running in Jan and bought these based on reviews from here.
The sound quality can best be described as tinny and the ability of these to stay in place (in and on your ears) is awful.
As soon as your get hot and start sweating, you spend most of your run trying to keep the damned things in place.

They look great and they are well put together, but that I'm afraid is the best I can say about these.
I am normally a very positive reviewer... but these are dross I'm afraid!

Breville VST004 Two-Slice Sandwich Toaster - 850 Watts
Breville VST004 Two-Slice Sandwich Toaster - 850 Watts
Offered by Pricelover Deals
Price: 29.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent for the price!!, 15 May 2012
I really don't know what some people expect for c.25.
This is a great little toastie maker, the plates are easily removed, clean easily and as long as you don't put enough cheese in your toastie to smother a small african country, it won't spill out on the bits that aren't removable....it's not rocket science is it?

We made our first toastie with regular white bread brushing a little olive oil directly onto the hot plates and the toastie came out crispy with virtually no residue on the non stick plates.

Toastie tip....Buffalo mozzarello cheese, basil, sun dried tomatoes and black pepper.... LUSH!!!
Buy this, if you have half a brain and know that your toastie will spill its' contents all over your new machine if you put too much in lol....

Asics Men's Gel Cumulus 13 Lightning/White/Yellow Trainer T149N 9301 9.5 UK
Asics Men's Gel Cumulus 13 Lightning/White/Yellow Trainer T149N 9301 9.5 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoe, 9 May 2012
I'm a 45 year old beginner at this running malarky but the difference these shoes have given me vs. my old New Balance shoes is immense.
The cushioning is incredible and makes a whole load of difference to the comfort on your run.
I have recently done a 5mile race [...] and tonight I'm doing two laps round Silverstone GP circuit which is my first 10k.

All this from a stop smoking on new years days standing start.
Great price, great product!

Casio G-Shock Mens Watch G-100-2BVMUR Digital and Analogue with Navy Resin Strap
Price: 50.91

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money watch., 25 Jan 2011
This is a decent watch which I'm really pleased with.
It's comfortable, easy to set up and despite some of the reviews on here - I found the digital lighting to be perfectly adequate and stayed on long enough too....how long do you need to read the time?

At [...] odd quid, this will be perfect for standing up to the rigours of motor sports and associated bashes etc!!!

6 metre Telescopic pole
6 metre Telescopic pole
Offered by The Flagman
Price: 16.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Weak..., 20 Jan 2011
This review is from: 6 metre Telescopic pole (Misc.)
I bought this pole to suspend a thin nylon flag on at the 2008 British Grand Prix...

Purely to identify the location of our tent amongst the thousands in the fields surrounding the circuit.

Now, it was a windy weekend....but you'd hope a pole like this would take it....oh, no - it snapped clean in half!

Rubbish!

Roberts Stream 83i Stereo DAB/FM/WiFi Internet Radio with 3 Way Speaker System
Roberts Stream 83i Stereo DAB/FM/WiFi Internet Radio with 3 Way Speaker System
Price: 149.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome little box of big sound..., 20 Jan 2011
I bought my first DAB radio over 8 years ago and thought it was time to upgrade it.
My Sony XDR-S1 was great...or so I thought!

The Roberts Stream 83i is just brilliant. I haven't bothered with the Last FM function because good as it is, I don't really feel I'd use it.

What amazes me with this little shiny box is the quality of the sound it pumps out....you can feel the bass coming out of the back like a nightclub speaker!!

When you plug in your i-pod with a double male jack it's brilliant.

The nightlight is just enough and the volume control for individual alarms are great...gentle at the weekends, LOUD on a Monday lol...

I would strongly recommend this ....brilliant!

Chef's Choice Two stage sharpener, Model 450
Chef's Choice Two stage sharpener, Model 450
Offered by Harts Of Stur
Price: 16.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Does a good job for the money!, 30 Jan 2008
I was going to buy an expensive electric sharpener but decided against it. I'm glad I did as this simple to use piece of kit has turned my blunt blades into a very effective set of kitchen knives again. If you want something cheap, effective and easy to hide in a drawer...this is the item for you!