ARRAY(0xabdacca8)

Profile for Lisa Grant > Reviews

Content by Lisa Grant

Lisa Grant

Unlock Your Confidence: Find the Keys to Lasting Change through the Confidence-Karma Method
by Dr Gary Wood
Price: 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Something to make a difference', 10 Sep 2013
Unlock Your Confidence by Gary Wood maintains that all confidence stems from relaxation. This is reflected in the style which has great warmth. You feel at ease reading the book and there are a few genuine laugh out loud moments. This is not to say that it's not thought provoking and challenging but it still feels safe, if that makes sense. There's a lot of material in here that I've not seen in self-help books before. The point that it's all evidence-based and solution focused. The author has the knack of communicating complex ideas in a easily digestable way without it feeling diluted. From the outset makes it clear that the book needs investment of time so it's not a quick-fix, comfort book. It's a dive in and experience the changes kind of book. It's all about empowerment. I had read other books by this author in my opinion this is the best one to date mainly because it really emphasizes passing on what you've learned to other people. I recommend it to anyone who's serious about making a difference.

Don't Wait for Your Ship to Come in... Swim Out to Meet it: Tools and Techniques for Positive Lasting Change
by Dr. Gary Wood
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin !, 25 April 2008
Working through this book I have already gained insights into what I need to do to make a bigger splash in life. Discovering my values and strengths has been a revelation as I now know how to link these to my goals. It seems so obvious now it's been pointed out. I'm wondering why other self help books haven't made this connection. There's a real sense with this book that all the pieces of the puzzle fit together. There are loads of exercises, balanced with just enough theory clearly explained. It's well laid-out, as thought-provoking as the author's previous book Sex, Lies and Stereotypes and just as much fun. It definitely does what it says on the tin and it may sound shallow but I like the cover too!