Profile for DG > Reviews

DG

Closer: The Best Of Sarah Mclachlan
Closer: The Best Of Sarah Mclachlan

4.0 out of 5 stars This is one that I feel will grow on me, 25 Jun. 2013
I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this album, since I wasn't very familiar with Sarah McLachlan's songs. I bought it on other people's recommendations. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised and I feel that the songs will grow on me.

Tales from Topographic Oceans
Tales from Topographic Oceans

5.0 out of 5 stars Still a stunning work of art after all the years, 25 Jun. 2013
I bought this as a replacement for my vinyl LP and I have to say that I continue to believe that this is one of the finest works by Yes. Simply stunning and probably the ultimate concept album of all time.

There You'll Be: The Very Best Of Faith Hill
There You'll Be: The Very Best Of Faith Hill
Offered by DVD Overstocks

2.0 out of 5 stars Very bland, 25 Jun. 2013
Perhaps I was expecting something else, after hearing some of Faith Hill's hits, but this collection singularly failed to move me.

Trojan Presents: Dub
Trojan Presents: Dub
Offered by UK Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like dub, you need this, 25 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Trojan Presents: Dub (Audio CD)
Excellent collection of dub tracks, all of them gems. Evokes the atmosphere of the 1970s but reaches out across the decades.

Hamburger Concerto
Hamburger Concerto

4.0 out of 5 stars A great discovery, 25 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Hamburger Concerto (Audio CD)
This was a great discovery. I bought it on the strength of knowing the earlier Focus albums very well, and after reading other people's reviews. It is indeed a good follow-on from the better-known Focus 3 album.

Best Of
Best Of

4.0 out of 5 stars good collection, 25 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Best Of (Audio CD)
I had previously listened to this collection, so there were no surprises here. A good CD with many of Vangelis's most memorable compositions.