Profile for GW > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Silentnight Comfort Control Electric Blanket, Polyester - King
Silentnight Comfort Control Electric Blanket, Polyester - King

1.0 out of 5 stars It Broke., 2 Jan. 2016
Stopped working literally after second use, unfortunately couldn't return as I had it for over a year before it was tried out.

Silentnight 7-Zone Memory Foam Mattress, Double
Silentnight 7-Zone Memory Foam Mattress, Double

5.0 out of 5 stars It really is a bargain mattress., 2 Jan. 2016
Superb mattress at a serious bargain price. This is one of Which? Best Buys and I know why now.
Had an odd chemical like odour when arrived so needed airing for a few days before use but this I understand is normal.

Trigger Point Performance Grid 1.0 Foam Roller - Orange
Trigger Point Performance Grid 1.0 Foam Roller - Orange

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 2 Jan. 2016
Nice solid item but seriously overpriced

H&S® 10 Keys Super Heavy Duty Padlock Lock for Garage Warehouse Shipping Container
Offered by H&S Alliance Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars ... would judge this lock but it seems to me like a bargain, 2 Jan. 2016
I can't judge how a burglar would judge this lock but it seems to me like a bargain. Appears very solid and certainly looks the part...comes with 10 keys which was needed for this purpose and is quick and easy to use.

The Past (2013)
The Past (2013)
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic film, one of my favourites from 2013, 2 Jan. 2016
This review is from: The Past (2013) (Amazon Video)
Fantastic film, one of my favourites from 2013. Don't expect Hollywood bags and flashes but if you want a deep and moving story that makes you think then this one is gonna work for you.

SHUTTER ISLAND
SHUTTER ISLAND
Dvd

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 2 Jan. 2016
This review is from: SHUTTER ISLAND (Amazon Video)
Worth a watch, messes with your head!

Color Confidence GrafiLite
Color Confidence GrafiLite
Offered by didecaf

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 2 Jan. 2016
Sent it back, the lights are not colour correct which really defeats it's sole purpose!

Müeller Spiral-Pro Professional 4-Blade Spiralizer, Newest Superior Design, Only 4-Blade to Make Round Veg Pasta, not Flat Julienne Noodles
Offered by Home Exquisite

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm not overly impressed, 2 Jan. 2016
I'm not going to review spiralizing in general as many people here have; I'm reviewing this product...just to make that clear :)
I can't compare this to any of the others on the market as this is my first but I can say it works and produces spirals from the group of firmer vegetables.
You probably know that it comes with 4 x blades, 3 are for the noodle versions of various thicknesses and the 4th is for a more solid continuous circular spiral. I think really they could have got away with 2 x blade, the thinnest noodle version and the single circular version, the thicker noodle blades to me are too thick and pretty pointless.
Quality wise it's just a bit of cheap plastic moulding that's been assembled, saying that it appears fairly robust and I'm not worried about it breaking or anything, it's just that it's no stainless steel 'looker' in the kitchen. The blades are easily interchangeable and are sharp, how long they stay sharp will naturally be revealed over time.
I do have a few gripes especially as I went for one of the most expensive spiralizers on Amazon, these are:
The spirals just drop out the back, there's no catch tray or anything that can angle the noodles into a collection, Ivy's not the end of the world but it makes a bloody mess, especially when you are spiralling something a little juicy like beetroot, the juice goes all over the desktop and onto/into the device itself, which means instead of having just to wash up a blade and handle, I had to wash the whole thing to get it clean, along with wiping down a really messy worktop. For me it's a real oversight.
Next grip: Now I am guessing this is possibly the same for all these things but the veg doesn't spiralize down completely, your left with the end of the veg which is the same width as the spiky part of the handle it sits on, now this might not sound much but when using small vegetable like a small potatoes or beetroot it works out to around 25% of the vegatable un-spiralled and pretty much wasted unless you want to go to the bother of chopping it up which sorts of defeats the propose of using this thing in the first place.
On the positives, it does pack up into itself very easily, neatly and quickly, so if you have a small kitchen like myself this is pretty handy.
Overall this thing is going to do the job and is compact, but is it worth £35 quid...no way, I'm pretty sure ones that are half the price will do as good a job.

Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Folio Case for iPad Mini 1, 2, 3 Black - UK QWERTY Layout
Offered by A to Z

5.0 out of 5 stars It's excellent - Get it!, 24 Nov. 2015
This is a superb keyboard.

I had pretty much stopped using my iPad Mini 2, between my iPhone 6 plus and my laptop it got inched out of use. However I really wanted to drop having to lug my laptop everywhere and only take with me when it was absolutely necessary (I predominantly use Word and Outlook) so I decided to give this keyboard a whirl after reading such positive reviews.

Firstly it fitted the iPad perfectly, some people mention the brackets are a little flimsy but I don't think this is true whatsoever, you can tell they are sturdy and I just can't imagine they could break without some real misuse. Linking via bluetooth was wholly painless and I was up and running in less than a minute.

Typing on the keyboard did take a little while for me to get used to as it's not quite as centred as a standard keyboard but after a little use it all came naturally to me. I can type pretty quickly on this; although I'm not a touch typist, I would say I'm reasonably nippy and on this I guess I'm only 10-15% slower than my full sized desktop keyboard.

When I don't want to use keyboard and use iPad just as a traditional tabelt, I turn it off (via a small sliding switch on side) fold the keyboard back and voila, the iPad's keyboard comes back into play. Swithing back on it automatically links back with iPad, literally in a second.

Battery life is incredible, now and again when I'm near a USB charger I plug it in, but it seems like the battery is never ending and has never ran out on me.

It of course doubles as a case and I chose this 'portfolio' style over Logitech's other popular keyboard (the one that slots onto a magnetic grrove) just because of the simplicity to flap it open and shut in a sec...which by the way automatically puts the iPad to 'sleep'

Very small criticism is there is effectively only one angle you can use this, but for me that's fine and the only other thing is one of the holding brackets cover the power button, and although it has a soft part there to still be able to press it, it's fiddly...saying that there is a function key to turn to iPad off so it doesn't matter but if I want to take a screenshot using the home/power button combination I really need to take it out of case.

So I'm sure you've gathered I love this keyboard and genuinely it has meant I hardly need to take my laptop with me anywhere now.

SmashingDealsDirect Exclusive Kanger Subtank MINI Hybrid Sub Ohm Tank MINI
SmashingDealsDirect Exclusive Kanger Subtank MINI Hybrid Sub Ohm Tank MINI
Offered by SmashingDealsDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great, 11 Jun. 2015
This really is an excellent tank. I've tried pretty much all the mainstream tanks on the market and I've found this to be the best. Compared with the Atlantis, for me this gives a more flavoursome and a better puff experience.

I'm really not one to faff around building coils etc. but thought as it comes with a rebuildable coil along with cotton and a mini screwdriver, I'll give it a go. Watched a YouTube video with a tutorial and hey presto I actually done it and it works perfectly, so this is what I do now and estimate that it works out to less than 10p to do but moreover there's some satisfaction making your own with organic cotton and after a bit of experience I now make them just to my taste (an extra loop in the coil and a mass of cotton to give an even broader puffing experience).

Size wise it's perfect for me, doesn't look stupidly big nor is it so small you need to top up all the time.

Quality wise it's very good. Stainless steel throughout, have never had the slightest of leaks and all components fit together better than any other tank I've owned.

I would recommend the eleaf 30w or 50w battery to go with this, they charge quickly and last ages, the 50w one lasts me 3 days compared with say the Nautilus 'stick' one that lasted less than a day.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5