Profile for G. Wickham > Reviews

G. Wickham (London)

Imperia Electric Attachment for the SP 150 Pasta Machine
Imperia Electric Attachment for the SP 150 Pasta Machine

4.0 out of 5 stars VERY useful, but pricey, 17 July 2014
Makes a *massive* difference in speed of making pasta. Also having 2 hands free makes the whole process easier, quicker and helps prevent the problems I found with just having one hand free.
Downsides: Have to say it seems pretty pricey for what it is and also it's fairly noisy, I'm sure my neighbour thinks I'm doing some sort of DIY when this is running.
Personally though I really wouldn't do without this now, making by hand cranking was a pain tbh and this made the difference between me going back to packet pasta or continuing making my own.

Circulon Infinite Hard Anodised Cookware Set, 5-Piece
Circulon Infinite Hard Anodised Cookware Set, 5-Piece

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 17 July 2014
Didn't buy from Amazon as at the time they were quoting a 10day lead time so got for same price elsewhere.
I made my decision to purchase these as they were 'best buy' rated by Which? And I have to say pans are brilliant, beyond expectations.
I never realised what a difference a decent set of pans would make to my cooking, my old set basically seemed to have an intense heat at the bottom whereas it seems the heat in these pans is distributed more evenly throughout the food.
Frying pans are quite small, the smaller for example can fit 2 x fried eggs and the larger one 6 x (larger sized) rashers of bacon.
Would have also like to have had a slightly larger pan set all round really.
Clearly these are really well made, you can just feel it when in hand. Too early to tell if they will last but I suspect they will.
Cleaning them is a dream, the non-stick surface is simply just that. Have no idea why anyone puts these pans in a dishwasher for an hour when the whole set could be washed up in 2 minutes.
Also noticed they use this range on Celebrity Masterchef!

VIBOX Apache Package 9 - 4.0GHz Six Core, Advanced, Desktop Gaming PC, Computer Complete Full Package Including: 2x Top Games, Windows 8.1 Operating System, 22" Monitor, Headset, Gamer's Keyboard & Mouse Set AND a Neon Green Internal Lighting Kit (New 4.0GHz AMD FX 6300 Fast Six 6-Core Processor, 2GB AMD Radeon R9 270 Graphics Card, Raijintek Aidos CPU Fan Cooler, High Grade 500W PSU, 2TB Hard Drive, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz RAM)
Offered by Vibox Ltd
Price: £1,274.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good service, 17 July 2014
Broke within first few weeks (processor fault). However repair service was very good, collected next day and returned back working within 3 days thereafter.
Spec's wise, not too bad for money although bundled monitor was a little disappointing.

Tefal ActiFry 2 in 1 1.5kg Low Fat Fryer - Black,
Tefal ActiFry 2 in 1 1.5kg Low Fat Fryer - Black,

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for chips, 17 July 2014
It's pretty good for chips albeit not too fast, on average takes circa 30-35mins for 4 x average sized portions.
I bought the version with the upper pan which cooks other items well such as bacon, fish, but tbh it's a bit of a waste of time as I can cook just as well and simply in a pan.
Would definitely recommend the 1.5kg or larger as 1kg isn't big enough for family sized portions of chips.
I've tried some other dishes in it with fairly mixed results, the stir fry was ok but after a bit of experimenting I've concluded this is just to be used for chips.
Build wise it seems a little flimsy and I can imagine the clip on lid could quite easily break, it's too early for me to assess it's longevity but for some reason I suspect it's designed to have a built in life span, the heater really sounds like it's working hard.

Jamie Oliver by Tefal - Hard Anodised 30cm Pot Roast Pan with lid
Jamie Oliver by Tefal - Hard Anodised 30cm Pot Roast Pan with lid

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 17 July 2014
Excellent for rice, I've found rice is best cooked in shallow pans and as this is a very wide one its really very good. Appears to be well made & good quality but need more time to see if it lasts. Grip handles get very hot even on stove. Pretty versatile as goes in oven too. Would definitely recommend.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Guaranteed Pleasure, 2 Aug 2006
I've owned a pair of these now for over two years, originally imported from the US before they were available in UK. They are superb, when placed in ear outside sound is completely isolated and I mean COMPLETELY, the only thing you can hear is the sound of your breathing. Accoustic reproduction through these is near perfect, you'll hear things that you never heard before, like David Bowie taking a drag on a cigarette before he bangs on about Andy Warhol. Some people here have mentioned lack of bass which is not a true experience, with cheap headphones and speakers people make up for poor quality with adding bass, bit like adding spices to cheap meat, you don't need to disguise the quality with added bass. Build wise these also are excellent, I'm not the sort to look after things too carefully and these have been pulled about without any sign that things are gonna snap or wear loose. Furthermore I find them extremely comfortable even for extended periods of use, rememeber these are made by a company that predominantly make hearing aids! So they know a bit about comfort. So there you are my little review, which I am sure you can tell from that I am very happy with these headphones.