Profile for GW > Reviews

Content by GW

GW (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
MINI Ultimate BLACK Electronic Cigarette | New for Summer 2014 | ego ehookah e shisha ecigarette with automatic battery | real draw activation. Without Nicotine / Without Tobacco (Amazon resell policy). eliquid / e liquid refill available separately
Offered by ELECTRONIC SMOKING SHOP

1.0 out of 5 stars Seemed ok but broke after a day., 20 Mar. 2015
Battery burnt out after charging on second day, literally started smoking when on charge. After a lot of trouble taking weeks I finally got a refund. When it worked it seemed fairly ok.

Andrew James Premium Solid Granite Pestle And Mortar With Spout For Easy Pouring - Large 15cm Diameter
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Heavy but very good., 20 Mar. 2015
This is a lot bigger than I expected, pretty heavy too and I'm no waif but washing this up is a fair deal to lug it around the kitchen. On the plus side it's very solid and the bowl has a rough service which really helps grind spices finely , far better than my previous smooth stoned one.
Being so robust is handy too when you're bashing as opposed to grinding, when I'm splitting seeds, grains and nuts with a good bash I can with great confidence knowing that this thing can handle it without risk of breaking in two.
So overall; it's big and heavy but in turn does what you should expect excellently.

Aspire Carbon Fibre Sub-Ohm Battery - NEWEST MODEL! In Stock Now! (Black)
Aspire Carbon Fibre Sub-Ohm Battery - NEWEST MODEL! In Stock Now! (Black)
Offered by SmashingDealsDirect

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but not great., 20 Mar. 2015
It's ok but just ok. Bought one of these to go with the Atlantis and of course it worked fine. The downside is it just about lasted the day before needing s charge; and this is no mean feat, takes literally hours 3-4 for a full charge.

Of course you'll know this isn't a variable watt/volt but you do need something you can adjust at these levels. It purports to put out 40w but it doesn't feel like it. I sent it back and bought a 50w eleaf box, it cost £50 but is far superior, the battery lasted easily a full 2 days, has variable output settings, a USB charge port, digital display and is pretty pocketable.

To summarise, it works, it's not bad but there are far better options out there.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 30, 2015 6:39 AM BST

Double Walled Glass Cappuccino / Latte / Tea Cup 9.7oz (2 x Cups)
Double Walled Glass Cappuccino / Latte / Tea Cup 9.7oz (2 x Cups)
Offered by take-now

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but not 5*, 17 Mar. 2015
Ordered a couple of these and they're nice. Coloured drinks look great and of course are cool to handle which is usually the problem with hot drinks in glass cups. However they are very light, surprisingly so.This may be to some peoples taste but there's no doubt in my mind that these will break without too much of a knock, I've been handling them carefully but in guessing it's only time before the need replacing. On a side note, there is a small 'bubble' around the size of a small match-head at bottom of glass between the two layers. I'm presuming this is an unavoidable artefact from making a two layered glass cup.
Overall I'd recommend these if you like glass cups with hot drinks.

Fitbit Charge HR Heart Rate and Activity Wristband  - Black, Large
Fitbit Charge HR Heart Rate and Activity Wristband - Black, Large

3.0 out of 5 stars Good as a guide, 21 Feb. 2015
For a general guide to your day it's ok. If you want something accurate this is going to disappoint. However for my purposes it fits the bill. I estimate on average it over records my steps by around 1,500 - 2000. The auto sleep tracking is clever, records very accurately when I start to sleep but not so good determining when I wake as I don't immediately jump out of bed, so i press button so it knows I'm awake. The heart rate monitor is fairly good but at times erratic, for example measured my heart at 170 bpm for a minute whilst I was sitting reading, then dropped to 70bpm but overall it's a very good guide. Comfortable to wear and i like the minimalist design. The fitbit app and online software is excellent.

PURE Siesta, DAB/FM Clock Radio - Black
PURE Siesta, DAB/FM Clock Radio - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 21 Feb. 2015
Very disappointed considering the price. Feels cheap, screen's viewing angle very poor, radio reception on digital poor, auto-dimming screen sounds good but in practice it just goes from bright to very dim when you switch lights out. Had Pure radios before that were great, but this is in my opinion below what you would expect for the money.

iPhone 6 Plus case, Fyy® Magnetic Cover Stand Case with Window View Function for Apple iPhone 6 Plus (5.5-inch screen) Black
Offered by fyycover

2.0 out of 5 stars Too thick, 21 Feb. 2015
Turned my beautiful slim iPhone 6 into a podgy brick. Sent it back

Yousave Accessories iPhone 6 Plus Case 5.5 Inch Version Ultra Thin Clear Silicone Gel Cover
Offered by Yousave Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Real value case, 21 Feb. 2015
Brilliant little back/sides protector. Thin and clear retains 90% of the phones beauty. Similar design to Apple's but a fraction of the price. You can't go wrong.

Aspire Atlantis Sub Ohm 0.5Ohm BVC Tank
Aspire Atlantis Sub Ohm 0.5Ohm BVC Tank
Offered by Vapor Enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars ... Sub Ohm battery and have to say I'm not disappointed! I've been vaping for around 2 years, 9 Feb. 2015
I ordered one of these along with an Aspire Sub Ohm battery and have to say I'm not disappointed!

I've been vaping for around 2 years, starting with cartomisers all the way through various clearomisers, tanks etc. but this is The Daddy!

I've wanted something like this for ages and have read about building your own coils, drip tanks, laws of Ohm etc. but for me this all seemed like a load of faffing around which I couldn't be bothered with, I like a simple 'fill her up and puff experience'.

I've read various reviews online regarding the Atlantis, mostly very positive but there are a few people that say it's just too much vapour and can be too hot. However I do think that there is some adjustment needed to the way you vape this. With my Aspire Nautilus (which I did find a tad irritating and was never quite right for my taste) it was a mouth, throat to lung drag, similar to how I used to smoke cigarettes. With this it's really only a straight to throat to/or lung pull; you can put the air hole on smallest setting and attempt a mouth lug but then it is too intense as it needs a large air flow to keep everything as intended.

After a short while getting my technique adjusted this baby puts everything I've previously had into touch. The flavours are really flavoursome, smooth and satisfying, far more than anything I've used before.

There are some concerns regarding the 2.8ml tank being too small for a sub ohm as of course a lug on this uses more liquid than say the Aspire Nautilus but personally I've found the size to be adequate due to not puffing it as much as a conventional tank, I estimate that I don't get through any more juice in a day using this, around 5-6ml of 9% juice is my average.

With regards build quality, it's great. No gurgling, spitting, leaking and it's simple and quick to fill. I have read ( as someone has commented here) the chimney is chrome brass plated and not stainless steel and this is correct. However for me this is of a very low concern, the amount of potential harm this can cause in my belief is entirely negligible and although I'm not a expert in this field, people with sound knowledge have commented as such.

Regarding the battery, it's great. Compared with my Aspire 1600 mAH on my Nautulilus, it last around 30-50 longer but does take a long time to charge, around 3-4 hours, so a spare battery is on shopping list albeit I'm looking for a variable wattage box mod this time as I do miss being able to adjust the power to my mood.

So my overall conclusion I'm sure you can guess is very positive. I for one was a little hesitant as this is a new step-up but I'm glad I did. On a last note, just about everyone I know who vapes and have taken a lug of this have now placed their orders for one!

Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker and Sleep Wristband - Black
Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker and Sleep Wristband - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Useless if you drive or motorbike, 24 Jan. 2015
I can see why people like this, however from me it's totally useless. Every time I either drive my car or ride my motorbike, it logs it as steps. Therefore my ride into work logs 7000 steps in 15 minutes and there is no way I can delete this log from my Fitbit Dashboard. Therefore any daily recording is totally meaningless .

It's quite surprising that there is no remedy to this problem. I would have thought a simple snooze mode would have been the solution but alas no.

Sending it back I'm afraid.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4