Profile for Jamie M > Reviews

Satellite Sam Volume 1 TP
Satellite Sam Volume 1 TP
by Matt Fraction

3.0 out of 5 stars Less than a sum of its parts., 8 July 2014
I can't help but be a little dissapointed with Satellite Sam. I enjoyed the black-and-white skethcy art style but the usually supurb writing of Matt Fraction felt a little bit off, and it certainly didn't have his usual high level of quality and style. A few of the storylines did grab my attention but few of them genuinely held my attention fully. I think that if I wasn't such a fan of Fraction that I would have given up on the book rather than seeing it through until the end. Unless I hear of a turn around in form in this series then I don't think I will continue reading, which is a shame as I felt it had real potential.

2 PC PIECE EUROPEAN PLUG TRAVEL ADAPTOR ADAPTORS
2 PC PIECE EUROPEAN PLUG TRAVEL ADAPTOR ADAPTORS
Offered by DJ2GO LIMITED

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 8 July 2014
I'm always wary of purchasing items like this at such a cheap price as often they can have a short life-span or be of a poor quality. However I was pleasantly surprised by this purchase. Quality of product is fine, usability was no problem and I had no performance issue with this item. I would recommend this purchase if you are travelling to Europe.

Out Among The Stars
Out Among The Stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Not your standard posthumous release., 3 July 2014
This review is from: Out Among The Stars (Audio CD)
When I first heard about this release I was skeptical that it would be standard 'low quality posthumous cash-in', but upon listening to it I was pleasantly surprised that it was of a strong standard as you would hope from such a quality artist as Johnny Cash

Aerolite, 2 wheel spinner, 10 year warranty, medium 26", Black Trolley Suitcase Flight Bag, 66x41x25cm, 2.35kg 68L (9980 Black)
Offered by Luggage Travel Bags Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, especially considering the price paid., 3 July 2014
For the price paid this was a fantastic purchase. I bought the medium 26" in black and it is just as good quality as the higher priced similiar 'super-light' suitcases. After two uses on longhaul flights and on two different holidays the suitcase is still in perfect condition and I would highly recommend it as a purchase.

Pretty Deadly Volume 1 TP
Pretty Deadly Volume 1 TP
by Kelly Sue DeConnick

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvelous., 3 July 2014
An absolutely fantastic read. Kelly Sue DeConnick creates a wonderful world that you just want to get lost in deeper and deeper. The artwork from Emma Rios and Jordie Ballair is also a perfect counter-balance for the narrative. When I first read a description of 'A cross between Sandman and Preacher' I was skeptical but intrigued, but on review I have to say that the description doesn't hit too wide of the mark.

Sex Criminals Volume 1 TP
Sex Criminals Volume 1 TP
by Matt Fraction

5.0 out of 5 stars The most original and entertaining comic I've read for years, 29 May 2014
Believe. The. Hype.

Sex Criminals is a truly glorious read. it has everything, well-rounded and believable (well, in the realms of comics!) characters, an original and perfectly executed idea, superb art-work and a genuine sense of self-awareness and humour. I often find comics that use humour hard to engage with, but this has a perfect balance of humour and utalises within the narrative very well. It's also refreshing to see a strong female-lead within a comic book like this. I had come to the Sex Criminals party a little late (a sentence that sounds all kinds of wrong in isolation), but I can truly see what all of the buzz and hype was about. Matt Fraction and Chip Zdarksy make a perfect combo and you truly get the feeling that they really love what they are creating here and that they have true artistic freedom to create what they want. A genuinely fantastic book.

Spider-Man: Big Time Ultimate Collection
Spider-Man: Big Time Ultimate Collection
by Dan Slott

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for a first-time Spider-Man reader, 29 May 2014
Despite being a big Marvel fan I've never really managed to settle into Spider-man previously, I've read the odd issue here and there but something about the character never truly compelled me to continue reading. I thought that I should try and rectify this somewhat and buy a larger collection to see if a longer read could change my perspective. I'm glad that I did! Within this compilation we are greeted with a Spider-man older and more confident than the usual 'conflicted teen' trope that I was previously more acquainted with. Dan Slott has a great knack of creating entertaining and engaging dialogue and short term narratives that grab your attention. I did feel that the arcs in the first half of the book are of a much stronger quality than those in the latter half (Hobgoblin for example), and while the FF cross-over had potential it didn't grab me as much as I would have hoped. Saying that the initial issue with the conversation about Johnny Storm was a high point.

I'll certainly be exploring a few more Spider-Man books after this, and more of Dan Slott's work as well. This collection has turned me into a clear fan of both.

The Singer And The Song
The Singer And The Song

4.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful album, 29 May 2014
This review is from: The Singer And The Song (Audio CD)
As a huge fan of both Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash I was always going to be a fan of this release. The real joys of this album are the rarer live renditions of each others songs not found on studio outputs. Overall this is a fantastic album, only let down with a few production issues. Had this had a little more care given towards the remastering it would have been an easy five stars.

Johnny Cash: The Life
Johnny Cash: The Life
by Robert Hilburn

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly fantastic read., 29 May 2014
This review is from: Johnny Cash: The Life (Hardcover)
Robert Hilburn has has managed one of the rare feats of creating a biography befitting of such a legend. This goes way beyond simply offering a blow-by-blow account of Johnny Cash's life and tries to offer a glimpse inside what made him the man he was and shaped the music he created. Not only a must read for Cash fans but a must read for music lovers.

Laptop AC Adapter Power Supply Charger for Acer Aspire 5315 5742 5732z 5735 5332 5335 5532 5536 7520 7730 AC Adapter Charger with UK Mains Lead - Selectec®
Offered by TTYY Electronic

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good replacement cable, though perhaps a little short, 14 May 2014
A bought this as a replacement power cable for my ACER Aspire 5742 after the original cable broke. This replacement works perfectly with now issues at all, my only slight complaint is that the length of the cable is shorter than my original, though this is not a huge issue it is still worth noting for anyone considering this as a purchase.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5