Profile for Ricardo D C Santos > Reviews

Content by Ricardo D C Santos

Ricardo D C Santos "Rdcsantos" (Lisbon, Portugal)

Page: 1 | 2
Need for Speed: Pro Street (PS3)
Need for Speed: Pro Street (PS3)
Offered by GAMES CONSOLES BARGAIN
Price: 14.99

2.0 out of 5 stars simple, basic, and I hate the controls., 13 Dec 2013
Good in everything but playing.... the controls should be more configurable. it is not possible to play as in the GT5, so it is not good at all.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3)
Price: 11.17

4.0 out of 5 stars very nice, good graphics, very intense, but clearly a Multiplayer focused game. I am more a campaign player., 13 Dec 2013

As a multiplayer online game, for sure everyone will love it, but in campaign there's just to much action, which is good on one side, but bad on the other. There's not much involvement feeling because it is non stop shooting, everywhere in the screen.

But other than this, controls are great, intuitive, good feeling, the "world" is very rich visually, nicely designed.

Very good, recommended.

Far Cry 2 (PS3)
Far Cry 2 (PS3)
Offered by GAMES CONSOLES BARGAIN
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best of all times!, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Far Cry 2 (PS3) (Video Game)
good engine, good graphics, good involvement, long campaign mode, open discovery is a top advantage over anything else on the market. The game is simply awesome. No more, no less.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PS3)
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PS3)
Offered by smeikalbooks
Price: 5.45

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice and involving game!, 31 Oct 2013
Even being already in it's 4 edition this previous 2nd, is very involving, very good engine, and reasonable graphics. Not so good when compared to its present rivals but very good indeed.
I am a mission/campaign mode player, not like the majority who plays online, and so my opinion goes mainly to those who play campaign mode as I do. Nevertheless, some of my upside views on the game go as far as multiplayer game goes as well.

Medal of Honor (PS3)
Medal of Honor (PS3)
Offered by Game Dealz
Price: 4.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice game, good quality for a used game. No issues whatsoever., 19 Aug 2013
This review is from: Medal of Honor (PS3) (DVD-ROM)
Regarding the game, i liked it, a lot actually, but right when I was starting to love it, the missions ended :(

I'm the offline kind of gamer, who does't want to be obligated to be connected to no game room, depending on pings, framerate, people in the room to start a game, etc, so I don't even know if the online game is any good. What I really like is to run the missions on the campaign mode. And those are really good, but the fun is really shot. If you're good, and you play 6 or 8 hours in a row, the game is finished quickly.

Nevertheless I recommend it.

Band Of Brothers - HBO Complete Series [Blu-ray]
Band Of Brothers - HBO Complete Series [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Damian Lewis
Offered by WorldCinema
Price: 28.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Series Ever, 14 Feb 2013
There is really not much to say about this series. I could start today and finish 10 days for now, or I could just say that this is the BEST SERIES EVER AND EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THE PLEASURE TO ENJOY IT, like I did.
Regarding the product itself, being a Blu-ray disk, it brings everything concerning sound and image to a better level, its a case of a good encoding and the result is very pleasant.
it's a keeper for sure.

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable 9.8 Feet/3.0 m Supports Ethernet / 3D / Audio Return (Newest Standard)
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good price/quality relation. Recommended, 14 Feb 2013
This is a very good quality product, especially if we consider the price tag. I was worried that I might have bandwidht problems because of the size of and because it's connected to a very large Videowall switch.

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable 6.5 Feet / 2.0 m Pack of 2
AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable 6.5 Feet / 2.0 m Pack of 2
Price: 6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality/price relation., 14 Feb 2013
Good material, slid, reliable and most of all, affordable. Would recommend it anytime and may also buy again for the LAB in my work.

Time Crisis Razing Storm - Move Compatible (PS3)
Time Crisis Razing Storm - Move Compatible (PS3)
Offered by 1stvideo
Price: 22.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good game, but the controls are not very solid., 14 Feb 2013
I was interested in playing this game at home, with the move controllers (in a gun) because I have some memories of playing the first release of this game a few (10) years ago, maybe more! :D
But it was disapointing, the controllers are always going into the dark, and 5 minutes after starting the game when shooting straith ahead the move controller is pointing somewhere below or above from where it should be.
Stoped playing imediately, once I felt disconnected from the game overall.
Maybe it's my fault, or something, but it just doesn't work well with the sony move controllers. My setup was very common, a 42" LED TV from philips, and I was playing about 1,5/2m from the tv.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3)
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3)
Offered by Go2Games
Price: 10.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Far Cry 2 is the best game I know, this is just in another league! Amazing., 14 Feb 2013
As far as games are concerned I must clearly say that this is the best game I've ever played in my all life. Eighties included :)
There's no other despite it's age, it's kind or platform that amazed me this way. I just feel this like a different experience, not just a game, I feel more integrated in the game, almost like I was part of the charachter, living the cut-scenes and the all new movements and jumps, and everything that makes it what it is. I'm talking about the campaign mode, once I never play the online shoot everyone game as it's not my thing. So for this you'll have to find another rater. It's my strong belief however, that it won't be so amazing, more like the same sh#$%6 as always.

Page: 1 | 2