Profile for Team ICDT > Reviews

Content by Team ICDT

Team ICDT (Solihull, England.)

Page: 1 | 2
90 degree right angle hdmi adapter female to male, hdmi bend
90 degree right angle hdmi adapter female to male, hdmi bend
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for low profile wall brackets., 24 Feb 2013
This looked and felt well made. It fitted the HDMI lead and socket in the TV perfectly. Signal not affected. At 90p with free p&p it's such a bargain.

Gumdrop Drop Tech Series Case  for Apple iPad 2 - Pink/White
Gumdrop Drop Tech Series Case for Apple iPad 2 - Pink/White
Offered by Terminal 1

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as you'll get., 7 May 2012
My wife bought these for my two daughters iPads. I was a bit reluctant to spend £70 on two covers at first but when they arrived and I fitted them I was very impressed. The whole iPad is encapsulated in a thick (approx 3-4mm) snug rubber case . They really feel well protected and do have a screen protector which one of the other reviews says they don't. The screen does however, retain its sensitivity as do all the buttons. If you have two young children like me who are lucky enough to get spoilt rotten by their mother and get iPads before their Dad gets one but are also just as likely to drop or spill things on said pads, then this is the cover for you. Highly recommended.

Iphone 4 4S Diamante Bling case,Diamond Crystal Full case front and back
Iphone 4 4S Diamante Bling case,Diamond Crystal Full case front and back
Offered by CELLBELL LTD

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, Cheap, Cheap!!!!, 28 Dec 2011
Iphone 4 4S case Swarovski crystal bling style,Diamante bling top quality& money back guarantee if not happy with the case uk....The only good thing about this phone cover is that is probably good protection, because it is very heavy!!
It is very, VERY cheap looking, it doesn't look like crystals at all, just plastic silver little lumps that aren't even in line with each other, (it was also cracked at the bottom when opened it up, which, believe me,was the least of it's problems!!)....I was actually embarrassed to get my phone out and when I did, my mates were taking the mic out of it, which I did find funny because they were right!! my advice is; AVOID, AVOID, AVOID...it looks far worse than in the photo!!

Panasonic Lumix TZ20 Digital Camera - Black (14.1MP MOS, 16x Optical Zoom) 3 inch Touchscreen LCD (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars The good, the bad and the noisy., 13 July 2011
It seems to be a bit like Marmite this camera - you either love it or you hate it. Personally, I love it more than I hate it but I can definitely appreciate people's issues with low light image quality. On the bright side (BOOM BOOM), there are that many controls you can play with (and save to one of three customisable setting locations) that it is pretty easy to take some impressive low light shots with minimal noise. One thing I think it handles really well (on the party setting I think it's called) is indoor shots in low light when there is artificial lighting such as a table lamp in the scene. A lot of cameras can't handle the brightness of the lights and you get an awful white glare but this one subdues it perfectly achieving really soft and also accurate colour and brightness.

There are lots of other things to talk about with this camera as it is packed with features but here are what I would imagine are the key ones and what I think of them......

Display - Nice and clear with lots of icons to tell you what's going on. It is perfectly adequate outdoors when the sun is in (I'm from England so that's most of the time) but I agree with others that it is difficult to see in bright conditions though that is hardly unique to this camera; however, a view finder would be useful.

X16 Zoom - Really good. Got some great shots of my daughters who normally stop and pose when they see me with a camera in my hand. With this I can stay far enough away for them to be blissfully unaware. Great for wildlife shots though as I haven't taken it on safari so this is limited to squirrels and blue tits!

Macro - Very good. Got some great insect shots though indoors you do sometimes get shadowing in the picture that you can't see on the screen and it does occasionally struggle to get enough light into the lens when that close up. Great outdoors though.

GPS - Not used this in anger yet but for the short time I did have it on the battery life did go down quite quickly.

Touch Screen - Great for when you want to AF track your kids as they run around.

HD - Not used it much yet but took a couple of short movies that looked pretty impressive on playback on the camera.

Face Recognition - Pretty good but you need to use the three slots per person that are allocated. I initially only recorded one each of my two daughters and it frequently got them confused. The more photos you have the easier it recognises the individual.

Amount of Features - Excellent, It is packed with customisable settings which can all be saved as your preferred options so once you have set up your camera to your liking a quick twist of the dial to suit the occasion and you are in business. It also has pretty much all the settings that a DSLR has so lots to play with if you're into your gadgets. Ladies, there is a feature that stretches or squashes the photo making you look anything from six stone to twenty six stone!! My wife has only asked me to try the former on her so far but she and delighted with the results! Don't use it on the max setting though or you look like you've been squashed in some lift doors!!

Conclusion - Overall, I am pretty pleased with the camera and would say the only stand out negative is the afore mentioned image quality issues at low light, though in its defence there are lots of settings to help with this. If you aren't interested in all the gadgets and just want a point and shoot camera then this one should most likely be avoided. Also, at the £248.99 I paid for it (-£30 cash back), I would say most of the cost has gone on the array of features when really what most people want from a compact camera is a good quality, easy to use point and shoot that produces great quality photos with minimal effort. I think Panasonic, and they are not alone in this, have got a bit carried away with the amount of things they have tried to pack into a compact camera and forgotten the real essence of what a good point and shoot is all about.

90W Charger for for Sony Vaio VGN-CS VGN-Z VGN-FE VGN-FJ VGN-FZ VGN-FW VGN-NW VGN-NR VGN-NS VGN-SZ VGN-SR VGN-N VGN-C VPCCW VPCE VPCEB VPCEE VPCS VPCZ Series - Lavolta® Laptop Notebook AC Adapter Power Supply with UK Power Cord fits VGP-AC19V24 VGP-AC19V10 VGP-AC19V11 VGP-AC19V12 - 19.5V 4.74A
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job., 25 Mar 2011
Really happy with this adaptor. I was dubious about the quality considering the price but I was please to see that at least from the outside it looks just as well made as the Sony one. The one I received does have an LED so you can tell when it is powered and it also has a velcro strap for the cable which my Sony one didn't. If your Vaio adaptor has packed up then I recommend this one as a replacement.

Kyocera High Tech Ceramic FK Black Zirconia Paring Knife 7.5cm, Display Boxed
Kyocera High Tech Ceramic FK Black Zirconia Paring Knife 7.5cm, Display Boxed
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as its stable mate, 2 Mar 2011
I already have the Kyocera High Tech Ceramic FK Black Zirconia Cooks Knife 14cm, Display Boxed and was so impressed with that one I immediately ordered this one. It is just as sharp and just as nice to use. This knife is particularly good for slicing things really thinly that you might normally try to do on a mandolin perhaps but can't confidently grip because of the size of the item. Take Cherry Tomatoes for example, the sharpness of the blade and lack of effort required to cut combined with the lack of pressure needed to grip the fruit means slices of around 0.5mm can easily be achieve without crushing the fruit. Firmer things like garlic or carrots can be sliced wafer thin so they are practically translucent. Also, because of the ease at which this knife goes through whatever it is you are cutting it also feels much safer and less likely to slip and cause injury. When you feel how sharp this knife is you will realise that is a very good thing!!

As I said with the other knife though, get yourself a protective cover for it.

All-in-all, another belter from Kyocera!

Kyocera 14cm Santoku Knife - Black Ceramic Blade
Kyocera 14cm Santoku Knife - Black Ceramic Blade
Offered by Emporium Cookshop & Homewares

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharpest knife I have ever owned., 1 Mar 2011
This is a fantastic knife. Really, really sharp. I have Global knives at home and to be honest this is considerably sharper and they haven't been out of the drawer since this one arrived. It cuts through fruit, veg, bread and meats so cleanly and with such little effort required. Soft, over ripe fruits like grapes or tomatoes are no problem because the knife needs such little pressure to cut, it doesn't squash them first like steel knives do. I liked this knife so much I immediatly went back on line and ordered the 7.5cm paring knife.

Compared to steel knives these are very light weight and do feel a little fragile, though I have no evidence that they are. However, considering the cost of the knives a protective cover should come as standard because until I get some I am keeping this knife away from anything it could be knocked against in the cutlery drawer and even then I think it will always have a special place. Just because I love it so much if nothing else!!

If you enjoy slicing and dicing this knife will take you the the next level of pleasure! ;-)

Finally, Amazon should be able to remove erroneous reviews like the negative one for this knife because to give a product of this quality one star due to postal issues is just plain ignorance. Dismiss that review and concentrate on the sensible ones.

Veho VMS-001, 20-200x Magnification USB Digital Microscope
Veho VMS-001, 20-200x Magnification USB Digital Microscope

5.0 out of 5 stars If Carlsberg made gadgets!, 14 Oct 2008
I am really impressed with the Veho VMS-001. It is very easy and quick to set-up and is just as easy to use. The stand which is included is anodised metal so looks good as wellas being very sturdy. It holds the microscope firmly once locked making for a clear and steady picture and it employs two ball joints making it very flexible. The microscope itself appears well made and the clarity of the subject is excellent. Focusing is easy though when zoomed in fully you get a bit of handshake when its not in the stand but thats not the microscopes fault. The software is easy to use and there are a good amount of settings you can play with to suit your needs. Overall for under £50 you can have weeks of entertainment before you even consider letting the kids having a go. This could be my greatest ever gadget purchase and if you like gadgets, get it on your Christmas list......see what's really in that Turkey!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2011 3:03 PM GMT

Sony LCS-VA20 Handycam Soft Carrying Case
Sony LCS-VA20 Handycam Soft Carrying Case

4.0 out of 5 stars Handycam Soft Carrying Case, 10 Sep 2007
I have a Sony DVD306 and it fits in lens or eyepiece down up one end of the bag and if you secure it using the padded partition against it there is plenty of room for cables, power supply etc. There is the usual "net" pocket in the lid to hold the remote/spare battery etc, another pocket beneath the clasp that will hold two 8cm DVD's in their cases and there is one final pocket at the back to carry the instructions in my case or it would take more spare DVD's if you wish though it is not a covered pocket and so not secure. It would have been nice to have a carrying handle on the lid rather than just a shoulder strap but that is being picky and would obviously add to the price. Overall for what this cost I am very pleased with it.

SanDisk 4GB Micro Cruzer - Retail Pack
SanDisk 4GB Micro Cruzer - Retail Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Sandisk Cruzer, 10 Sep 2007
The Cruzer is fast and easy to use, simple drag and drop stuff. There is the U3 programs on it that takes up about 0.2Gb but this is removable if you wish to get the full 4Gb. You can also put it back on via the Sandisk website if you so wish to in future however I don't find the menu makes the desktop untidy and it has some useful stuff on it, security, syncronisation for example. Overall for under £20 I can't really fault it.

Page: 1 | 2