Profile for meticulus > Reviews

Content by meticulus

meticulus

S6 Edge Plus Screen Protector - PEMOTech 5.7" Curved Full Coverage Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus + (GOLD)
Offered by PEMOTech UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 17 Jan. 2016
This screen is rubbish. There is no adhesive over the screen , it's just on the ends so parts of it does not sit on you're phone screen and prevents clean operation.

It very quickly gets dirty and needs constant cleaning.

I want my money back!

The Color of Vengeance (The Ties That Bind Book 2)
The Color of Vengeance (The Ties That Bind Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading, 5 April 2015
Great characters, good story, I need more.
So get the next book out soon please, it's hard waiting once I begin a series of books I love.

A Memory Of Light: Book 14 of the Wheel of Time
A Memory Of Light: Book 14 of the Wheel of Time

1.0 out of 5 stars So sorry., 30 Jan. 2015
I have read all the previous books by RB and was really looking forward to the finale.
I stress that BS is a wonderful author.

But try as I might, I cannot finish AMOL! I have tried reading the book itself twice, also attempted audible book twice, but I cannot lose myself in the story. For me there is no magic to the words or the way the principle characters have been interpreted.

I am very disappointed.

It's clear though that most people disagree with me, and I am happy that those of you that loved it have the pleasure of seeing this epic story to its ending.

Darkness Weaves (Kane Book 7)
Darkness Weaves (Kane Book 7)

5.0 out of 5 stars My first book, years ago, was Conan, 12 Jan. 2015
Kane has a similar feel to it, so it was a great deal of fun reading. Brilliantly written, very good characters, took me back to when I first loved reading.

The Heresy Within (The Ties That Bind Book 1)
The Heresy Within (The Ties That Bind Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Once you get past the book art work!, 3 Jan. 2015
I think more effort needs to be applied to the book cover, because it's the first thing you see before reading the synopsis, so it needs to be eye catching and also give you that "this looks good" feeling. In fact the only reason I tried this book is because of the review I found on the SF fantasy critic site.

Glad I did, because I loved THW. His character building is a real pleasure and the main characters are great, I enjoyed their dark nature I have to say. Slightly frustrated that the next book in the series is not yet on amazon kindle as I really wanted to read that now.

Scarlet Tides: The Moontide Quartet Book 2
Scarlet Tides: The Moontide Quartet Book 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read., 14 May 2014
Fast paced with good characters that evolve as events challenge and test them.
Good work David, I look forward to the book.

Three Parts Dead (Craft Sequence Book 1)
Three Parts Dead (Craft Sequence Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable read., 31 Mar. 2014
Having just finished powder mage, I found a review for 3 parts dead and although it's not the book I would normally choose, the review was very good and so I gave it go.
Very glad I did because I really enjoyed. Has my vote!

Herald of the Storm (Steelhaven: Book One): (Steelhaven: Book One)
Herald of the Storm (Steelhaven: Book One): (Steelhaven: Book One)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving it!, 8 July 2013
This book has really taken me.
I like the way it's written, the characters and the story.
What more does one need?
Not finished it yet, but I know I will
feel empty once I have.

The Crippled God: The Malazan Book of the Fallen 10
The Crippled God: The Malazan Book of the Fallen 10

2.0 out of 5 stars going against popular opinion, 17 July 2012
I will start by saying that I have read all books in the Malazan epic , re-read most of them in fact.
But towards the end I found SE books difficult to read. Take Korbal and co, I really liked the characters as they were in the Malazan books and when a standalone novel come out I got it asap......but was really disappointed with it. They came across as a Laurel and Hardy like couple of fools! I asked myself why SE decided to write a book about Korbal & co, which must have been prompted because of reader interest, and then turn them into a slapstick duo! weird! horrible!

His books towards the climax of the Malazan story also changed. I think he originally had a different ending in mind. What he chose for The Crippled God did not work for me, it was incomplete. There are so many great characters, I doubt if there could be a really fitting end to the story. It was just story SE declaring that he had finished writing the Malazan books.

The last 2 books really gave me the impression that he had had enough. The books had lost their passion, almost as though he had no idea how to keep the story going. Filling the book with endless, boring passages about boring episodes of someones past or present problems. Crying? I have never read a book with so much crying! It seemed to me everyone had childhood problems and still needed mummy!

Tavore? what was that about? She knew all along what was going to happen! Huh! Holding all the pain within her? Please, what dribble.
The T'lan Imass were just as bad in the end, following Tool who was mentally crying the whole time. What kind of role model is that?

I needed more characters like Felass, Pung, Karsa and what was the name of the woman who was dead and had a brilliant wit? I forget right now, but you get the idea.......people who knew themselves, didn't spend endless hours in depression. Characters like that are the story and give a book impetus.

I could go on, but don't want to make fans too angry or sound as though I really don't like SE.
I just felt he was writing tired......if you get my meaning?

Love to get feedback on this :)The Crippled God: The Malazan Book of the Fallen 10
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2013 4:12 PM GMT