Profile for Jax > Reviews

by R&a
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: 11.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing pages, 27 Jan 2012
We like to debate the nuances of the rules and this book is great for that. We buy a new one every two years when the rules are revised. This is the first time that the book has come with a ring binder and not the usual book bindings. This may be okay for using it 'on the move' but not so good at home as (a) it's more bulky on the book case and (b) the pages can fall out.

The biggest issue with this order was that we discovered about 30 pages were missing - hence my point above about them falling out. As the book is quite thick I didn't notice this when the order arrived and it wasn't until my husband was reading it that we realised there was a problem. I recommend that if you buy it, you check that all the pages are present as soon as it arrives or you could have problems with returning it should you not notice until later.

Having said that, the return service with Amazon was excellent - a new book (complete this time) was received the next date and we were sent a prepaid postage label to return the faulty book.

Only 3 stars due to it being faulty and we don't like the ring binder.