Profile for Bridget > Reviews

The Complete Flumps [DVD]
The Complete Flumps [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gay Soper
Price: 4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My four year doesn't mention the quality - he just loves it..., 11 Oct 2010
This review is from: The Complete Flumps [DVD] (DVD)
He may be a fan of Pixar Cars and everything Disney, but nothing makes my son happier than watching The Flumps. It's all the family characters and simple stories that he enjoys and he identifies with Pootle. He's started to do a great Yorkshire accent. It's cosy. And it's been his comfort blanket in his first few weeks of starting school. He giggles out loud. I didn't see this as a child and watching it for the first time, it doesn't strike me as being dated. And there's lots of fun stuff about all the quirks of the English language.

Hope this helps. I only looked up the Flumps after someone said our boss reminded her of Pootle... and I'm glad I did.

Trumpton: The Complete Collection [DVD] [1967]
Trumpton: The Complete Collection [DVD] [1967]
Dvd ~ Brian Cant
Offered by babsbargains *** WORLDWIDE SHIPPING ***
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, 1 May 2008
I bought this for my two-year-old son who turned out to love it - even more than Fireman Sam. We regularly watch it together as a family. His favourite character is the fireman Cuthbert. The narration by Brian Cant is as spellbinding as the music and the characters of the small town such as the flower seller and the carpenter. Of course the highlight each episode is when Captain Flack gets the emergency call at the fire station and his roll call of his fire officers... Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub.