Profile for ringo > Reviews

Content by ringo

ringo (Romsey, Hampshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
FamilyMall(TM) 5pcs Balm Nail Art Cosmetic Cream Make Up Pot Lip Jar Tin Case Container Screw 100ml
Offered by FamilyMall(8-23 shipping days)

2.0 out of 5 stars The quality is not very good. The lids tend to get cross threaded and ..., 5 Feb. 2015
I used these to store small electronic components. The quality is not very good. The lids tend to get cross threaded and in
future I would pay a little more for a better product.

THE ARDUINO STARTER KIT
THE ARDUINO STARTER KIT
Offered by Rapid Electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars A great starter kit for those with basic electronics skills, 5 Feb. 2015
I bought the genuine arduino starter kit because it appeared to include every thing that I would need to build fairly complex projects. In my opinion it fulfils this requirement very well. The kit is well organised with individual large parts in separate boxes. The included projects book is particularly well written with the novice in mind and contains helpful sections on things like Ohm's law. I would not however recommend this kit to anyone who didnt have a good grasp of Ohm's law! The projects require components to be very carefully installed and thoroughly checked before powering up the board. A simple mistake could result in a shorted power supply, overheating battery or damage to the board.
Where the kit sometimes falls short is in adequately describing how the more complex projects work. Project 10 for example connects an H-bridge integrated circuit to permit an electric motor to be controlled in terms of speed, direction and start-stop. Alas there was little description of what an H-bridge is or how it works. Just connect pin 1 to 5V, pin3 to A0 etc. It worked OK but I didnt learn a lot by doing it!
The only other criticism is that some of the components eg potentiometer and press switches did not make reliable contact with the breadboard causing many intermittant problems.
Overrall I rate this Arduino kit highly even with the above shortcomings. You will need to buy a more advanced book to take the next steps but there are many good books around.

Paddington [DVD]
Paddington [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nicole Kidman

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film for all the family, not just kids!, 19 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Paddington [DVD] (DVD)
As a multi re-cycled teenager I was not sure whether this film would
be enjoyable. I need not have worried. It was a thoroughly refreshing adaptation
of an old and tested story. Not that I was aware of the character nuances
that some of the reviewers have criticised. Take your children, grandchildren, parents
and grandparents to see this delightful film and mostly they will
not be disappointed. But forget the popcorn and take marmalade sandwiches
to eat instead!

Pulsar Kinetic Black Leather Strap Mens Watch PAR181X1
Pulsar Kinetic Black Leather Strap Mens Watch PAR181X1
Offered by tictocwatches

4.0 out of 5 stars Receivedwatch today and it is much as I expected, 19 Nov. 2014
Received watch today and it is much as I expected. The dial face is quite large for a slim wrist. The second hand does not rotate smoothly but in a series of 2 second leaps! This looks rather wierd and I assume it may be related to the kinetic mechanism. After the watch had been worn for a few days the sweep hand operated normally so can be considered as a symptom of low stored power.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2014 10:49 AM GMT

Dominion
Dominion

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written but somehow familiar plot, 16 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Dominion (Kindle Edition)
Very well written alternative history story describing what may have happened in England
if we had sued for peace after the Dunkirk debacle rather than fighting on.

Stanley Metal Body Surform Plane    5 21 296
Stanley Metal Body Surform Plane 5 21 296

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than getting a carpenter in!, 16 Jun. 2013
Needed to plane down the edge of my garage side door so that it would close
without jamming. This tool did the job but did not leave a very smooth edge.
If you need a perfect surface buy a proper plane. If its a job like mine then
this tool will do the job.

Poster picture clip frame 30 X 20" 760 x 508mm
Poster picture clip frame 30 X 20" 760 x 508mm
Offered by corner clip frames

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable quality for price, 16 Jun. 2013
I wanted a cheap frame for a collage poster and this item fulfills those requirements.
It was delivered on time and was well packed. No damage in transit.
The frame is basic, backing board, perspex and some shiny clips.
There were no instructions but you shouldn't really need any.

The corner clips however were very loose fit and after thinking that I must have put them on wrong,
after all I am a male and fallible. In the end I had to pinch them tighter with a big pair of pliers.
The smaller clips for the sides were very tight and had to be carefully fitted to avoid either
damaging the perspex or in my case my nails!

Three stars because it did the job but I would probably pay a little more next time.

Logitech LS1 Laser Mouse - Coconut
Logitech LS1 Laser Mouse - Coconut

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple wired mouse that works well, 13 Feb. 2013
Plug it into a USB socket and windows 7 automatically found an appropriate driver for basic operation.
It looks good in white and appears to be reasonably well made.

TaoTronics Bluetooth Transmitter (Wireless Stereo Music, 3.5mm Audio-Out Jack, Mini USB 5V/1A charging)
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Enables extra devices to link with my bluetooth headphones, 13 Feb. 2013
Simple device with just one combined button and lamp indicator. I wanted the dongle so that I could listen to my DAB radio in stereo through the headphones rather than via its mono speaker. This works perfectly and has a range of around 10-12m inside my house. I have also successfully paired it with our 10 year old television again without any problems. If it hadn't paired then I am not sure how I could work out why since there is only one light giving status information.

Creative WP-300 Wireless Headphones for use with Bluetooth-Enabled Phones, iPhone and Android plus Bluetooth MP3 Players

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money headphones, 1 July 2012
This is the first pair of headphones that I have bought since the 1970's so I cannot objectively compare the sound quality with anything else. To my ears however they sound good with clarity across the spectrum and a reasonable amount of bass. They are comfortable to use for periods up to an hour but I find after that my ears get too warm for comfort. This might of course happen with any headphones.
Connection to my ipod touch and my Sony laptop was achieved easily, both devices having built in bluetooth support. I am very satisfied with this purchase bearing in mind the circa £50 price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3