Profile for ringo > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Dominion
Dominion

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written but somehow familiar plot, 16 Jun 2013
This review is from: Dominion (Kindle Edition)
Very well written alternative history story describing what may have happened in England
if we had sued for peace after the Dunkirk debacle rather than fighting on.

Stanley Metal Body Surform Plane    5 21 296
Stanley Metal Body Surform Plane 5 21 296

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than getting a carpenter in!, 16 Jun 2013
Needed to plane down the edge of my garage side door so that it would close
without jamming. This tool did the job but did not leave a very smooth edge.
If you need a perfect surface buy a proper plane. If its a job like mine then
this tool will do the job.

Poster picture clip frame 30 X 20" 760 x 508mm
Poster picture clip frame 30 X 20" 760 x 508mm
Offered by corner clip frames

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable quality for price, 16 Jun 2013
I wanted a cheap frame for a collage poster and this item fulfills those requirements.
It was delivered on time and was well packed. No damage in transit.
The frame is basic, backing board, perspex and some shiny clips.
There were no instructions but you shouldn't really need any.

The corner clips however were very loose fit and after thinking that I must have put them on wrong,
after all I am a male and fallible. In the end I had to pinch them tighter with a big pair of pliers.
The smaller clips for the sides were very tight and had to be carefully fitted to avoid either
damaging the perspex or in my case my nails!

Three stars because it did the job but I would probably pay a little more next time.

Logitech LS1 Laser Mouse - Coconut
Logitech LS1 Laser Mouse - Coconut
Offered by eoutlet-uk

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple wired mouse that works well, 13 Feb 2013
Plug it into a USB socket and windows 7 automatically found an appropriate driver for basic operation.
It looks good in white and appears to be reasonably well made.

TaoTronics® TT-BA01 Wireless Portable Bluetooth Stereo Music Transmitter (Not A Bluetooth Receiver) for 3.5mm Audio Devices (iPod, MP3/MP4, TV, Media Player)
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Enables extra devices to link with my bluetooth headphones, 13 Feb 2013
Simple device with just one combined button and lamp indicator. I wanted the dongle so that I could listen to my DAB radio in stereo through the headphones rather than via its mono speaker. This works perfectly and has a range of around 10-12m inside my house. I have also successfully paired it with our 10 year old television again without any problems. If it hadn't paired then I am not sure how I could work out why since there is only one light giving status information.

Creative WP-300 Wireless Headphones for use with Bluetooth-Enabled Phones, iPhone and Android plus Bluetooth MP3 Players

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money headphones, 1 July 2012
This is the first pair of headphones that I have bought since the 1970's so I cannot objectively compare the sound quality with anything else. To my ears however they sound good with clarity across the spectrum and a reasonable amount of bass. They are comfortable to use for periods up to an hour but I find after that my ears get too warm for comfort. This might of course happen with any headphones.
Connection to my ipod touch and my Sony laptop was achieved easily, both devices having built in bluetooth support. I am very satisfied with this purchase bearing in mind the circa £50 price.

Fujifilm USB SD Card Reader For SD/SDHC Cards
Fujifilm USB SD Card Reader For SD/SDHC Cards
Offered by Riviera Multimedia Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Deleting files on SD card causes Windows to crash, 28 Jan 2012
Superficially this product appears to work. When an SD card is inserted and the unit plugged into a USB slot on my laptop it is recognized by Windows and the normal options to view files etc are displayed.
Files can be copied to hard disk without problems but if I attempt to delete a file on the SD card 90% of the time it causes windows explorer to hang. If I use the task manager to end windows explorer this fails and the laptop becomes totally hung. Power down is the only way to recover my laptop.

No problems occur if I plug the SD card directly into the SD slot on my laptop. I wanted to avoid doing this however because repeated insertion of the SD card could eventually damage my laptop.

This could be a Windows 7 bug, I have no way of knowing where the problem is.
Beware though using this product if you want to delete files from the SD card.

Collins Scrabble Dictionary: Friends and Family Edition
Collins Scrabble Dictionary: Friends and Family Edition

1.0 out of 5 stars Price is wrong, 5 Jan 2012
This product is ideal for the Kindle device but why should Kindle users be expected to pay more for an electronic download than for a hardback book? I realise that ebooks are subject to VAT whereas real books are exempt but Amazon are ripping off their customers on this product.

Amazon Price
Kindle Edition £7.99
Hardcover £6.50

Roberts Record R DAB/FM RDS/SD Digital Portable Radio Recorder
Roberts Record R DAB/FM RDS/SD Digital Portable Radio Recorder
Offered by electronic empire

2.0 out of 5 stars Good concept but flawed implementation, 11 Dec 2011
I received this radio in December and this is an updated report. The radio is well built and appearance is appealing. The sound quality on both DAB and FM is a little muffled at low volume settings but improves with volume. It is MONO unless FM is selected and played through an external amplifier. I bought the radio mainly for its recording ability and this is initially disappointing. It works but requires programming in the manner of a 1980's VCR. Lots and lots of button pushing and has a very annoying habit of resetting if you wait too long between button pushes. Once recorded the tracks are stored with a date related title.
I have not found a way yet of deleting recorded material without resorting to putting the SD card into a computer. Surely this should be possible from the radio, not everybody has a computer! Pure Evoke recording radio uses an electronic programme guide (EPG) to select the required programme. I think this would be an easier method even if you have to wait for the EPG to be downloaded. Roberts technical confirmed that a computer is required to delete files stating that this was deliberate to prevent accidental erasure. A lame excuse IMO.
I have further reported another bug in the radios software to Roberts. When a recording has been scheduled for a future date it is not possible to review and hence check the settings without destroying them. Roberts agreed that this is a fault but since the radio has no USB port there appears to be no way for this to be corrected without replacing the radio.
This radio has been very disappointing and I have decreased my original score from 3 stars to 2 stars accordingly.

Dreamland Sleepwell 6986 Dual Control Heated Pure Cotton Quilted Fully Fitted Mattress Cover
Offered by Co-operative Independent Living

4.0 out of 5 stars Works very well but for one thing, 27 Nov 2011
Bought one of these after suffering with chillblanes and inability to use hot water bottles. The blanket installed easily and works very well. The 6 heat settings allow for every taste and ambient temperature and the one hour timeout is a very useful feature. The only minus is the connector which attaches on the edge of the blanket and is uncomfortable if, like me, you lie on the edge of the bed. It could so easily have been designed to hang down the side of the mattress to avoid this problem.

Page: 1 | 2