Profile for Paulo Alexandre S. Teixeira > Reviews

Content by Paulo Alexandr...

Paulo Alexandre S. Teixeira (Faro, Portugal)

Page: 1 | 2
The New Community Rules: Marketing on the Social Web
The New Community Rules: Marketing on the Social Web
by Tamar Weinberg

2.0 out of 5 stars A very basic book, 22 Sep 2009
After reading the book I found that most of the subjects are quite basic.
Things like, how to create an account in Facebook or how to upload a picture, makes the book with more pages but in reality doesn't help the user looking for inovative information or ideas in the Social Marketing field. The book could have 100 pages instead of the actual 346 pages.
I give 2 stars only because there are some stats that are interesting.
This is a book that i don't recommend!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2009 9:33 AM GMT

Search Engine Marketing, Inc.: Driving Search Traffic to Your Company's Web Site
by Mike Moran

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 19 Aug 2009
I bought the first edition 4 years ago and I just bought the Second edition. I am really happy for this 2nd edition, expanded, updated and with some very good resources in DVD.
After reading several SEM books I must recomend this book to everyone in the Search Marketing field.
Thank you Mike Moran and Bill Hunt for this book!

Letting Go of the Words: Writing Web Content That Works (Interactive Technologies)
by Janice (Ginny) Redish

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 13 Aug 2009
Are you looking for a book about web content and topics related to that? Do you like examples as you learn? Well then I must suggest you this book. I am really happy i found it. Thank you Janice for your time writing about this subject! A must read!

Content Rich: Writing Your Way to Wealth on the Web
Content Rich: Writing Your Way to Wealth on the Web
by Jon Wuebben

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 7 Aug 2009
This is a great book for those that would like to start or develop a solid knowledge regarding SEO Copy and all the subjects related to it.
A powerful tool that I would like to recommend.

Writing for the Web (Chambers Desktop Guides)
Writing for the Web (Chambers Desktop Guides)
by Chambers (Ed.)

2.0 out of 5 stars Lack of examples, 6 Aug 2009
I found this book with a lack of examples. I wouldn't recommend it to the reader that needs a practical approach to the subject.

Getting Noticed on Google in Easy Steps
Getting Noticed on Google in Easy Steps
by Ben Norman

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of time and money, 30 July 2009
I bought this book a few days ago.
After reading it I have to advise others readers that this book is a waste of time and money. You can easily find the "tips"(not much to be honest) on the web.
Many pages of the book explain how to use a SEO Software that the
writer says its free. In reallity that software is free to download but the database that supports the software expires in a short time after the instalation, unless you subscribe it, meaning pay for it, the sofware is useless.
I belive this is more a promotional book of the above software than a book that helps understand Optimization.
I will never buy a book of this writer again.

Foundation PHP for Dreamweaver 8
Foundation PHP for Dreamweaver 8
by David Powers

5.0 out of 5 stars excelent book, 23 Jan 2007
I bought several PHP, Mysql and Dreamweaver books since I started learning Web Development about 2 years ago.

I found this book a few weeks ago and it has the right things in the right place. David Powers give us clean explanations and good advice to expand the capabilities of Dreamweaver with extensions, snippets, etc.

If you are a beginner or an intermediate Dreamweaver user/programmer I would advice this book.

Thanks for David Powers for this excellent book!

Page: 1 | 2