Profile for Rosie C.B. > Reviews

Content by Rosie C.B.

Rosie C.B.

Gigaset C430A Cordless Phone with Answering Machine and Anonymous Call Silencing
Price: 37.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy, 31 Aug 2014
Can't beat the Siemens Gigaset phones for high quality sound and virtually everlasting rechargeable batteries (if you treat them right!).

Unibond Super PVA Adhesive Sealer Primer 1 Litre Can
Unibond Super PVA Adhesive Sealer Primer 1 Litre Can
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing like it in France!, 31 Aug 2014
I can't buy UniBond PVA where I live in France - and it's the one DIY 'tool' that I miss the most here. It's so versatile as a glue, a sealant and a bonder.... can't imagine why it's not on sale here. There is a kind of equivalent but about 4 times the cost and less versatile! However, so glad that I can now order Super PVA to be delivered from the UK - and at a very reasonable price.

Ecco Womens Flash Ankle Strap Gladiator 24070358335 Gravel/Moon Rock/Warm Grey Metal 7.5 UK, 41 EU
Price: 41.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and practical, 22 Aug 2014
Although the shoes were a bit tight at first the leather straps are fairly thin and with regular wearing have stretched to fit my foot comfortably. They're a lovely design - sturdy enough to be able to walk over uneven surfaces.... and dance.... but elegant enough to look good under summer dresses. They're pretty pricey but I'm sure I'll get years of wear out of them. Basically I love them!

Gigaset A400 DECT Cordless Phone - Single
Gigaset A400 DECT Cordless Phone - Single
Offered by liGo
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A400 Dect Cordless phone, 7 Oct 2013
My recent purchase was the fifth phone of this type that I bought. Initially I got a set of 3 for my household and, much impressed over long-term use, bought them as presents for two relatives whose existing cordless phones were crummy! It is quite simply the best value for money I've found in a cordless phone. It has an excellent sound quality and, if you take care to charge the battery correctly right from the start, has a seemingly endless battery life. I've had my set of 3 for more than 3 years and haven't noticed any degradation in quality. Highly recommended.

Security
Security
Price: 2.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Gratuitous violence, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: Security (Kindle Edition)
I didn't expect a crime novel to be so full of gratuitous violence. I read a huge range of books and very rarely don't get to the end, even if they're not really to my liking, but this one I had to delete about a third of the way through. I didn't find any redeeming feature in it. Maybe later I would, but I simply couldn't bear to read further about this cool, analytical psychopath.