Profile for Forever Rooted > Reviews

Content by Forever Rooted

Forever Rooted (Reading, UK)

The Trouble with Islam Today: A Wake-Up Call for Honesty and Change
The Trouble with Islam Today: A Wake-Up Call for Honesty and Change
by Irshad Manjii

1.0 out of 5 stars Not anti-islamic??, 22 April 2006
I only wrote this review because a Mr Patel try to say it wasn't anti-islamic, I personally don't recommend the book to any of my colleagues purely because it lulls you into the whole I am a good muslim but really the writer has some unlying hate for the faith she was raised in.

To be honest I can feel how she felt in those situations as I have also experienced many of them, but she went too far on some occasion and though it is true some so called muslims need to "wake up" as they just seem to take the faith by name alone thinking this will guarentee them to some sort of eternal paradise, she should have understood the wider context and how people see what she may have written in the wrong light. how many times I have seen people started liking her purely because she fed them a line which they wanted. She did know exactly what she was doing when she wrote this book if she hadn't I may have been understanding, but the way she portrays something that she doesn't fully comprehand yet assumes she does (above any other, mainly men obviously) is just plain rude.

Don't be fooled by the pull of the beginning chapters this book is anti-islam.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2013 3:38 AM GMT