Profile for CR > Reviews

SanDisk SDCFH-008G-U46 8GB Ultra 30MB/s CompactFlash Memory Card
SanDisk SDCFH-008G-U46 8GB Ultra 30MB/s CompactFlash Memory Card
Offered by Buybenchmark UK Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable & Fast, 28 Jan. 2012
These cards are a perfect balance of size, price and performance for me. I don't like to have too many photos on each card, just in case one fails, but they hold around 300 raw files on my D300 (12 megapixels).

I always use SanDisk cards as they have never failed me yet and have a solid reputation. You pay slightly more but from experience I've found cheaper brands are sometimes slower than their rated speeds.

If you are comparing these grey coloured Ultra cards to the SanDisk Ultra II cards, you'll find the newer grey ones are twice the speed of the old ones, so make sure you get the right card.

Lowepro Napoli 5 Soft Leather Digital Camera Pouch - Black
Lowepro Napoli 5 Soft Leather Digital Camera Pouch - Black
Offered by WestBase Direct - UK Registered Company. VAT receipt included

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value, 25 Jan. 2012
I've bought this case twice now - the first time was for a Canon Ixus 75 back in 2007. My Wife lost that camera and so I gave the case away. I've just bought a Canon Ixus 220HS, and this case was recommended for that camera on Amazon so I purchased it again, but it's now around £10 less for exactly the same product!

The new camera fits almost perfectly into the case. The only reason it's not 100% perfect is that the strap attachment on the side of the camera doesn't line up exactly with the hole on the flap of the case. It lines up well enough though, and I would not want any other case.

The Napoli case feels like a quality product throughout, with neatly stitched seams, a smart suede panel on the front and soft bare leather interior that the camera slides against. The Ixus 220HS (as well as the Ixus 75) fits very snugly into the case and it almost feels tailor made for this camera. The sturdiness of the case is such that I feel very confident the camera will be adequately protected.

My relative still uses the Napoli 5 I purchased five years ago and she is very pleased with it. The suede panel has worn smooth, but the case still looks good and is wearing very well. It looks like it will last another five years with no problems.

I unreservedly recommend this case for any suitably sized camera (always check the dimensions on the product listing) and I would still have bought this case if it was £15 so at around £5 it's nothing short of a complete bargain!

Integral Compact Flash USB Card Reader - White
Integral Compact Flash USB Card Reader - White

2.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working, 23 Jan. 2012
I've used this on a Windows 7 PC for around 20 months of light use. It's never had any problem being recognised by Windows and seems relatively swift to download files, but now it has stopped working. I suppose you get what you pay for...

Nikon SC-28 TTL Remote Cord
Nikon SC-28 TTL Remote Cord

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made but ludicrous price, 20 Jan. 2012
Bought the genuine cable as I can't risk a cheap third party copy failing at a wedding. This cable feels well made and locks on to the hotshoe perfectly, but I can't help feeling Nikon are probably making quite a high profit margin on this as electronics are so cheap to produce these days.

Excellent way of moving your flash away from your camera, avoiding red eye and giving a different look to your low light photos. The cable is more than long enough for my arms (I'm 6'1") to hold the flash fully extended out to one side of the camera.

SanDisk SDCFX-008G-X46 8 GB Extreme 60 MB/s UDMA CompactFlash Memory Card
SanDisk SDCFX-008G-X46 8 GB Extreme 60 MB/s UDMA CompactFlash Memory Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable and fast, 20 Jan. 2012
I always buy Sandisk cards as they are well made, seem to be reliable and are as fast as the rated speed compared to some other manufacturers that seem to exaggerate.

I've used this in a Nikon D300 (12 Mp camera) and the card is plenty fast enough. In fact, I usually use the Sandisk Ultra cards which are half the rated speed of these Extreme ones and I think the Ultra ones are enough for my camera and the Extreme cards are probably only necessary if you have a higher megapixel or faster burst rate camera.

Great price/performance ratio

Staywell 200 Cat Flap Replacement Flap
Staywell 200 Cat Flap Replacement Flap
Offered by Equestrian Performance

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality flap to replace cracked old one, 20 Jan. 2012
There's not much I can say about this, it does the job and is well made. Looks like it will last a long time (the old one gave up after just over five years. Great to able to get this rather than a whole new cat flap.

Make sure you are ordering the correct size for your catflap - this one is for the flat patio door style and it's actually larger than standard catflap size. It clips into place relatively easily with the two plastic nodules on either side at the top.

Slumbersac 2.5 Tog Baby Sleeping Bag Multi-Stripe Travel Bag - 12-36 Months
Slumbersac 2.5 Tog Baby Sleeping Bag Multi-Stripe Travel Bag - 12-36 Months

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not quite as nice as the photo, 20 Jan. 2012
I do really like this product but the colours aren't quite as punchy as they look in he photo on Amazon. This doesn't really matter too much, but may be important to some as it looks like it's been washed a lot almost straight away (as another reviewer has said).

The travel features are good and will be useful for holidays. The zip isn't quite as good quality as on some other brands we have used (eg Mothercare), and are unbranded (ie not ykk). Sometimes the baffle gets caught in the zip when it's being done up, but on the plus side the baffles inside the zip are quite large so they will keep the wind out when you carry the tot between the house and the car.

Overall pleased with my purchase and would buy again as it's good value.

Mountain High: Europe's 50 Greatest Cycle Climbs
Mountain High: Europe's 50 Greatest Cycle Climbs
by Daniel Friebe

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 20 Jan. 2012
I was bought this book as a present and it's excellent, especially for a tenner! I've cycled up a few of the climbs and the book is excellent as it gives you a bit of the history of each climb and helps the reader understand why each one is so special. I'm sure there will be people who think some other routes should have been in there, but the selection covers all the main favourites from the big stage races and the classics.

I like the tales of races where the climb was used through the years and that there are quotes from some of the climbers themselves relating to each climb too. There is also a panel showing the vital statistics of each climb (average gradient, height gain etc) and a profile showing how the gradient changes on the way up (for several routes up the same mountain in many cases).

The photographs selected are great and it's leaving me wanting to go out to mainland Europe and climb every one of those Cols myself!

Speedlink Black Widow Flightstick
Speedlink Black Widow Flightstick
Offered by Rapid Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Joystick, 17 Jan. 2012
I've been using this joystick for a couple of weeks now to play Microsoft FSX on a Windows 7 64bit PC. It's a massive improvement over the keyboard and mouse I were using before for the game, and really helps make the simulator feel realistic.

The feedback through the joystick (vibrations) are a bit annoying at times, but I expect you can turn this off if it becomes a real issue.

Pleased with my purchase and very satisfied with the quality for this price.

UPDATE: Have had an issue with Windows 7 not booting and it was because the joystick was plugged into the USB port still. Simple solution is to unplug the joystick when you're not using it.

LG BH10LS38 .AUAR10B 10x Internal Blu-Ray BDRW Retail Kit
LG BH10LS38 .AUAR10B 10x Internal Blu-Ray BDRW Retail Kit

3.0 out of 5 stars Avoid the Bloatware, 16 Jan. 2012
This disc writer seems to work very well and is well made. It also looks good in the front of the PC, which is important to some people.

Unfortunately there are some negative points, mainly to do with the included software:

The software included with the disc writer is awful. Cyberlink Power2Go has caused me numerous problems since I installed it, culminating in me having to physically unplug the SATA cable from the disc drive in order to get the disc to eject from the writer. It seemed like the software wrote the disc but didn't finalise it properly, causing the PC to basically crash and stop recognizing the drive at boot up every time I put the disc in. I've also only had a 50% success rate with Blu Ray disc writing, regardless of the writing speed, leaving me with lots of blue coasters.

I've now uninstalled the Cyberlink software and used some freeware (Burnaware Free, I have heard IMGBURN is good too) which has caused me no problems or coasters so far, is easier to use and writes discs quicker than the Cyberlink version.

The other issue is with the drive manufacturer LG. I went on their site to see if I could get a new version of the driver, but they don't even list this model on the website. It appears that they only offer product support for a limited number of their Blu-Ray disc drives so it's a bit of a poor show on their part and not what I would expect from a reputable brand.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8