Profile for David Park > Reviews

Content by David Park

David Park (BRIGHTON, East Sussex)

Necessary Lies
Necessary Lies
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars another book by Diane Chamberlain that I had to read all at once, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Necessary Lies (Kindle Edition)
I loved the historical atmosphere and feel of a different culture that was very authentic. The link at the beginning and end with modern times worked and answered some questions not dealt with in the novel.

The Disenchanted Widow
The Disenchanted Widow
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars gripping story which starts in troubled Belfast, 10 Dec 2013
I could not put this book down. Loved the main characters and the Irish setting. Unusual ending, unpredictable, sad but hopeful.

The Things We Never Said
The Things We Never Said
Price: 1.85

5.0 out of 5 stars a unique read, 7 Oct 2013
A great sense of life in early 60s and a wonderful portrayal of mental illness, so often a taboo subject. Also the parallel story captures what modern day secondary teaching is like, also problems with family relationships. Beautifully written and impossible to put down.

The Rose Petal Beach
The Rose Petal Beach
Price: 2.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not put it down, 25 May 2013
I bought this for my wife, who enjoyed Ice Cream Girls on the TV, it arrived on her I pad and two days later I got her attention back when she finished it. Any one recommend other books by this author?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2013 4:25 PM BST

Cinnamon Kitchen: The Cookbook
Cinnamon Kitchen: The Cookbook
by Vivek Singh
Price: 17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A cookery book which makes your mouth water, 19 Mar 2013
A well written, easy to follow book. Perfect blend of ideas which has made me go through the whole book and list the stock ingredients and now I have a cupboard overflowing with spices ready to begin.

Simple to Sensational
Simple to Sensational
by Jun Tanaka
Price: 13.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the book, 6 May 2010
This review is from: Simple to Sensational (Hardcover)
I bought this book with myself in mind as the cook, however my wife, who is a veggie and does little cooking normally, has found inspiration from the easy to follow receipes in this book to bring to the table some of Jun's veggie delights. Many thanks Jun

The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos
The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos
by Michael Freeman
Price: 12.59

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 15 April 2010
I am attending a year long photopgraphic course and thought after reading the other reviews that this book would be a great help. I was disappointed, none of the photographs have any tech details. Speaking to other members on my course several had bought the book and none had been inspired.

Understanding Exposure: How to Shoot Great Photographs with a Film or Digital Camera
by Bryan Peterson

4.0 out of 5 stars Exposure - so much to learn, 21 Jan 2010
I am part way through an adult education course in photography and read the book cover to cover in a couple of days over Christmas. A great book which I can fully recommend.