Profile for Sara > Reviews

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Complete Season One [Blu-ray] [2009]
Dvd ~ Various
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great viewing, 30 Aug. 2013
Enjoyed watching every minute of it and that is saying something as I dont like star wars!! My daughter (4) now also enjoys watching it with me.

Lonely Planet Canary Islands (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Canary Islands (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet

3.0 out of 5 stars Could do better, 30 Aug. 2013
I was a little disappointed as I expect a certain standard from LP. There was very little on places to stay/eat and that makes it difficult to know where one can go outside of the resorts. The information on local flora/fauna and things to see/do was good.

Fuerteventura Walks and Car Tours (Landscapes Series)
Fuerteventura Walks and Car Tours (Landscapes Series)
by Noel Rochford

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than alternatives books, 30 Aug. 2013
The book is very much about routes to take for walking or driving rather than places to stay/eat/see. The walks were good but at times a little challenging for our 4 year old daughter. It would probably suit ramblers better.

Secrets Of The Baby Whisperer: How to Calm, Connect and Communicate with your Baby
by Melinda Blau

3.0 out of 5 stars The book is back on the shelf!, 16 Oct. 2009
I bought this book in the hopes that it will help me resolve the many issues I had and still have with my little one. After reading the whole book within 24 hours of its delivery and trying to implement the changes as it suggested slowly - a new change every three days - I realised that I was going against what my baby wanted.
The baby whisperer suggests listening to your baby and understanding it. Well I listened and my baby likes to fall asleep whilst feeding. The introduction of Easy meant that she fed on waking and on sleeping! Also she wants to fall asleep in her parents' arms - and so would I if I was a little baby and all I knew about the world were my parents! Also I feel that as a society we expect too much of our children. These little things have no head control yet we expect them to self soothe and fall asleep on their own.
I have now come to the sober realisation that if I wanted a baby who will feed on waking, play independently and sleep all by herself I should have adopted an adult. Saying that, there are "normal" adults who are unable to carry out the above tasks independently.
I say just be a parent, hold your child when she wants to be held, rock her to sleep and let her feel you around her all the time. The washing, ironing cleaning etc can all wait for when she is older.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2009 10:50 PM GMT