ARRAY(0xa3c21eac)

Profile for BruceB > Reviews

Content by BruceB
Top Reviewer Ranking: 861

BruceB (Surrey, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Once More [DVD]
Once More [DVD]
Dvd ~ Morgan Freeman
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Took some searching!, 30 Mar 2014
This review is from: Once More [DVD] (DVD)
I originally saw this film heading eastwards on a long haul plane. It was called "The Magic of Belle Isle" then, and I watched it twice on that trip.

That was 2-3 years ago and I've been trying to get it on DVD since then, not knowing the title had been changed to "Once More".

The film is a total gem, beautifully acted, and with excellent photography. Nice inclusion of humour throughout. Just pure magic.

WATERPROOF PADLOCK - LONG SHACKLE - 50MM
WATERPROOF PADLOCK - LONG SHACKLE - 50MM
Offered by Bid Buy Direct
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Robust and just what I needed, 27 Mar 2014
I wanted primarily a weatherproof padlock for my back gate.

This one appeared to be perfect for the job. I did just check that the thickness of the shank was ok for the clasp I had fitted, and it was. It was useful to have seen that queried in another review so I could check before opening the package.

It looks very strong. Perfect for the job. I recommend it, but do just check it will fit the fitting for reassurance.

40W Cooker Hood SES E14 screw fit 4 PACK by Long Life Lamp Company
40W Cooker Hood SES E14 screw fit 4 PACK by Long Life Lamp Company
Offered by Strictly Lamps
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The bulbs work, 27 Feb 2014
A bulb in our cooker hood died and I sent for this pack of four.
One was dead on arrival, but the company sent an immediate replacement when I told them.
Great service and a good working product.

The Life of My Choice
The Life of My Choice
by Wilfred Thesiger

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Life of My Choice (Paperback)
Having seen a film about the Empty Quarter on TV recently, I heard Thesiger names in the programme. I wanted to learn more so bought this book.
As it happens, the book doesn't feature the Empty Quarter at all (that's in another book), but his description of travelling in Ethiopia, Darfur etc is riveting and features a world long gone now.
A very good read.

Philips 8711500413925 G4 20 Watt Halogen Capsule Bulb - Warm White (2 Lightbulbs)
Price: 4.37

5.0 out of 5 stars They work well, 27 Feb 2014
To hedge my bets I bought some more expensive bulbs at the same time as I bought these, but I needn't have - these work perfectly as replacements for the GE G4s that I previously had.

10 Pcs Off White Plastic Housing Metal Plate Door Magnetic Catch Latch
10 Pcs Off White Plastic Housing Metal Plate Door Magnetic Catch Latch
Offered by sourcingmap
Price: 6.84

4.0 out of 5 stars They do the job, 27 Feb 2014
I needed to replace a number of these fittings on some plantation shutters I bought a few years back. The key thing was to get a fitting where the screw holes corresponded.
These fit the bill. They are not as robust as the original fittings, and they aren't identical to the picture shown on Amazon, but that doesn't really matter for something that is rarely seen after fitting.
The magnets are also not as strong as the original ones, but that is actually an advantage, and the degree of strength needed to separate the originals probably led to their demise.
All in all, a good purchase. I've just ordered another set, to have some ready for the next lot of fittings that go west.

Canon Pixma MP272 Value Pack Ink Cartridge - Black/Colour
Canon Pixma MP272 Value Pack Ink Cartridge - Black/Colour
Price: 25.41

5.0 out of 5 stars I always use genuine cartridges, 8 Feb 2014
We have two Canon printers and always use branded cartridges, and these give excellent results and prolong the life of the printer.

Beko Fast Freeze Door 4558160200 (Genuine)
Beko Fast Freeze Door 4558160200 (Genuine)
Offered by L.M Electrical Spares LTD
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect replacement for the door I broke off, 8 Feb 2014
I didn't notice that the top compartment door of the freezer was slightly open when I closed the main freezer door, and I managed to snap the hinge off.
This replacement is identical to the original and one would never know it was not the original.

Antler Cyberlite Large 4W Rollercase Purple
Antler Cyberlite Large 4W Rollercase Purple
Offered by bagcraft
Price: 119.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cases but one design flaw, 8 Feb 2014
We bought two of these large cases for regular long haul travel around three times each year, and the key points for us were the lightness of the case, and the wheel arrangement, enabling the case to be held alongside while walking through terminals, rather than having to tow it.

There's a good capacity and the case itself is robust.

I have just one reservation about the design, and this relates to the single zipped side pocket. On our third trip, the zip pull from both cases had detached in transit. This caused no major embarrassment, as we weren't using the pockets, but the zipper is clearly set in a vulnerable position. We returned both cases under warranty, and received two brand new cases in return.

I just hope this is not an annual event until the warranty expires.

Op/Tech Rainsleeve - Twin Pack
Op/Tech Rainsleeve - Twin Pack
Price: 5.33

4.0 out of 5 stars Just keep your back to the prevailing wind and rain, 27 Jan 2014
A simple idea, affordably presented.
This product works fine with a Nikon D90 and Nikon 18-200 lens attached, on a monopod.
Needing to don the cover very quickly, I didn't have time to identify the hole for the eyepiece, but even so, by simply lifting the cover from the back of the camera and using my head to shelter that from the rain, it worked fine. I did try looking through the plastic and could certainly frame my shots, but I couldn't be sure of autofocus lock on to the particular area in the viewfinder.
Recommended for those conditions when you wouldn't want to chance the camera getting wet.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16