Profile for R. Bell > Reviews

Mamma Mia! The Movie [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Meryl Streep
Offered by DVD Overstocks

2.0 out of 5 stars The Marmite Effect, 30 Oct 2008
Well I saw the trailer and I remember thinking at the time that it just wasn't for me. But... the countless thousands that were going on about how fantastic it was made me go to the cinema and see it.
Well it's shot in a lovely location and has lots of famous people who try to sing. In many ways though, it doesn't matter if they can sing or not because really it's about the comedy value. I liked it when they all jumped into the sea but that was about it for me. It was too cheesy, the songs weren't really relevant to what they were singing about, and there was no plot(that I could find).

However, I have to look at the countless good reviews this film has recieved (not to mention all the wonderfully happy people that have come out of the cinema after watching). So, I'd say you'll either love it, or you'll hate it. Watch the trailer and follow you instincts (just like I should have done).

Layout Index
Layout Index
by Jim Krause
Edition: Flexibound

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of ideas, 26 Oct 2005
This review is from: Layout Index (Flexibound)
From the moment I bought this book I knew it would be useful. I'm studying for a degree in Graphic Design and I always use it to start developing my ideas. There are so many designs, layouts and pictures to choose from and they come in so many different formats, which range from full colour designs to very simple black and white layouts. I would definately recommend this book to anyone who has an active interest in design, be they a professional or amateur.