Profile for Crookedmouth > Reviews

Content by Crookedmouth
Top Reviewer Ranking: 52

Crookedmouth ":-/" (Somewhere in the Jurassic...)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
MJX X101C Wifi FPV 3D Flip 2.4GHz 6 Axis Quadcopter with Headless Mode and One Key Auto Return RC Drones with 1MP 720P Camera for IOS & Andriod System
Offered by Bravo Tech

4.0 out of 5 stars Drone drone drone. Blah blah blah., 10 Feb. 2016
This was my first ever RC drone and I'm not sure precisely what I was expecting.

The machine comes in a medium sized, well packaged box with a spare set of rotors, a camera and an RC command unit. Some assembly is required and batteries are not included for the RC controller (but there is an NiCad battery for the drone itself).

Assembly was NOT simple. Well, it was relatively simple, but not easy. The drone's legs, rotors, rotor protection cages and the camera all needed to be attached to the chassis. The screws were tiny but fortunately a watchmaker's screwdriver is included. The instructions are abysmal; suffering from counterintuitive layout, monochrome, postage stamp-sized illustrations and Chinglish of almost (but not quite) an acceptable level of comprehensibility.

Nevertheless, after about an hour's work and a few minutes to let the blood pressure subside I had a mostly complete flyable drone.

Don't expect to fly this perfectly at first go, unless you've some sort of prior experience. I managed a few little hops and bumps in the living room just to get a hang of the throttle and to adjust the trim. other than that (I have a large living room) this is NOT a drone to be flown indoors until you're really competent and have cleared away your children (at least those that you want to keep), pets and that collection of antique Meissen. So, I took the drone outside and had a go. Now the benefits of my large open garden need to be balanced against the fact that I live on top of a hill. In scotland. And the ninth of the season's named storms (Imogen, I think) was just clearing the hills of Dundee. I can only recommend that when you let this chap out for his first flight, you wait for a still day. I, however, couldn't wait so gave myself Scotland's first quadcopter-administered haircut and then set about pruning our 15' high mountain ash. A good poke with a broom handle soon got the drone out of the loftier of its branches. at least I proved that the drone is robust enough to survive a 20' straight drop.

I think I'll wait till July.

Provided free for a review

TiaoBug Mens Polyester Sleeve Thong Underwear One Size Red
TiaoBug Mens Polyester Sleeve Thong Underwear One Size Red
Offered by TB TRADING UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Oh myyyy, 25 Jan. 2016
We may never know what Cardinal Richelieu wore on his evenings off when he wasn't consolidating the king's power, restraining the influence of the French nobility and crushing opposing political faction but, fond as the fellow was of voluminous crimson cloaks, it's tempting to imagine that he might have enjoyed this little number.

And when I say "little" I use the word advisedly. No one is going to be convinced by my after dinner impression of Nellie the Elephant, but even I had difficulty squeezing my lad into the tight carmine tube and shoehorning the family jewels into the pouch beneath. It took a fair bit of tugging and prodding, I can tell you. And all that genital manipulation had the predictable effect of making the fit even tighter.

And given the open ended design, the overall (and somewhat startling) effect is of a naked mole rat crawling blindly from one of the Bourbon King's favourite advisor's shirt sleeves.

There's an NSFW album linked in the comments if you're really that interested
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2016 8:08 PM GMT

TiaoBug Mens Strap Pouch Lingerie G-string Underwear Red
TiaoBug Mens Strap Pouch Lingerie G-string Underwear Red
Offered by TB TRADING UK

3.0 out of 5 stars No room for your spare change, 25 Jan. 2016
There's not a lot of room in here. I'm not exactly adult film star material (although I could probably give Ron Jeremy a run for his money in regard to hairiest and low level ugliness). Probably enough free space for one moderately sized testicle and a well-cooled penis. And for goodness sake, don't tug the drawstring too hard. In a vain attempt to contain myself, I gave it a moderately powerful jerk and was rewarded by an alarming ripping noise. I HOPE it was the pouch and not me, but I haven't managed a full teacake since.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2016 8:29 PM GMT

KKia Men Tie Rope Pouch Jockstrap Bikini G-String Thongs Underpants
KKia Men Tie Rope Pouch Jockstrap Bikini G-String Thongs Underpants
Offered by KKia

4.0 out of 5 stars looking for all the world like a gaily coloured executioner's hood, 24 Jan. 2016
This pouch slips over one's genitals and is secured there by a drawstring, looking for all the world like a gaily coloured executioner's hood, leaving one almost completely starkers. The effect is clearly intended to be "sexy". However, being nearly 50 years old, overweight and quite hairy I look less sexy and rather more... well, like a fat hairy fifty year old in a posing pouch, I suppose. (can I also just point out that green is not the best colour to choose - it makes me look like I'm raping Kermit the Frog).

That drawstring, tieing around the testicles and the shaft of the penis, is all that keeps the pouch in place. The string has some fairly weighty aigulettes which tap against the balls and provide an... interesting sensation. This could present a problem, because any hint of a stiffy and one runs the risk of popping the pouch right off. Then again, in times of boredom, stress or extreme cold, the fit becomes rather loose and an impromptu uncovering is also possible.

And that latter eventuality was nearly my undoing when I decided to give the pouch a road test at work. The pouch was comfortable all morning, but during the afternoon I was dragooned into a particularly dull presentation on the company's half-yearly results. The meeting room was also rather chilly and, unbeknownst to me, and for obvious reasons, the pouch dropped off about half-way through the session and began to work it's way down my left trouser leg. I was then asked to take the stand and provide an impromptu talk on our sales figures. As I stepped to the podium a bright green posing pouch emerged from my trouser leg and deposited itself on the floor at my feet. I swiftly kicked it underneath the Sales Manager's chair, hoping that he would be blamed for the indiscretion, but I suspect that my manoeuvres were detected. I may not be getting a bonus this year...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2016 7:33 PM GMT

Sunburst Peanuts Honey & Chilli Roasted 500g
Sunburst Peanuts Honey & Chilli Roasted 500g
Offered by aromabasket

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but not great, 20 Jan. 2016
having become addicted to the honey & chilli peanuts that you can buy at EAT at Edinburgh Airport, I was desperate to find a more readily accessible source. Sadly, these aren't quite as good. The chilli doesn't have the bite to counteract the sweetness of the honey. Perhaps a little salt in the mix would have done the trick.

VonShef One Cup Personal Filter Coffee Machine with 420ml Travel Mug & Lid - Free 2 Year Warranty
Offered by DOMU UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 20 Jan. 2016
This is a nice, no fuss one cup filter coffee maker.

Out of the box it has a slightly flimsy, plasticky feel to it - not weighty or robust - but so long as you don't play football with it, I can see no reason why that should be a problem. It takes up very little counter space so will need little in the way of lifting & shifting.

The process for making coffee is simple and uncomplicated. There's no multi-function programming required and once the coffee is made, the unit switches itself off. Do bear in mind that there's no hot-plate to keep your coffee warm so put the lid on the mug or drink immediately. alternatively, I pop the aluminium travel mug that comes with the machine into the microwave to pep the brew up for my drive to work. And, yes, the metal mug survives the microwave (and vice versa) perfectly happily. And the mug keeps my brew adequately hot thereafter for a good 45 minutes (more, I suspect, if it were required).

The first few mugs have a nasty chemical taste, despite running hot water through a few times, but that is fading now.

If I was looking for a reason to complain, I'd bemoan the lack of a control to restrict the flow of hot water through the filter and thereby adjust the strength of the brew. But I'm really clutching at straws here.

Go Stationery Banksy A5 Date Night Notebook
Go Stationery Banksy A5 Date Night Notebook

4.0 out of 5 stars One for the bank, 15 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Nice notebook with a stylish cover design.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2016 11:11 AM GMT

Go Stationery Colour Block Pocket Notebook - Candy Purple
Go Stationery Colour Block Pocket Notebook - Candy Purple

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice notepad, 11 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A nice, decent quality notepad, just the right size to slip into a handbag or coat pocket. The paper is a decent weight, delicate without being too flimsy.

The colour does mean, however, that this is probably better suited to the ladies than the gents.

Emhar WW1 British Mk.IV "Male" Heavy Tank - 1:72 Plastic Model Kit
Emhar WW1 British Mk.IV "Male" Heavy Tank - 1:72 Plastic Model Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars Water carrier for Abyssinia, 3 Jan. 2016
The distinctively lozenge shaped MkIV tank was the first operational tank and was deployed by the British during 1917. Two variants of the type were the Male and Female, the former being equipped with heavier guns than its machine gun armed Female counterpart.

This offering from Emhar is a very nicely presented kit in green styrene and with a relatively small number of parts. Construction is, however, not straightforward. Assembling the main body is tricky but shouldn't present too many problems to the careful modeller. However, the fascine railings along the top of the tank are particularly fiddly and a steady hand will be required. The main gripe is the tracks which are provided as a number of rubberised strips which must be attached separately. This is not unlike a number of similar 1/72 armour kits and shouldn't be a drama apart from the fact that the material is quite brittle and breaks very easily. Why Emhar couldn't simply have provided integrally molded hard plastic tracks, I don't know.

Nevertheless, this kit builds into a nicely detailed and good looking model and it can be finished in either British colours or as a captured vehicle in German camouflage. The decals are nicely done, but Microsol and Microset decal fixing solution will be needed to make them conform to the hull's many rivets and panel lines.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Lapasa Men's Pouch Trunk Micro Modal Low Rise Boxer Brief (X-Large, Pack of 4  color)
Lapasa Men's Pouch Trunk Micro Modal Low Rise Boxer Brief (X-Large, Pack of 4 color)
Offered by ASAS-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Silky & sexy, 30 Dec. 2015
I was sent a box set for review of four of these in various shades of blue. The XL size fits my rather portly 42" frame very nicely. They're snug and comfortable, although the pouch at the front does give me a rather "interesting" profile. The Lycra material is silky and - it has to be said - rather sexy both in the way it feels next to the skin and the way it conforms to the body.

Having worn a pair all day, I can confirm that they are definitely comfy and also give the pleasurable sensation of "going commando".
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2015 9:19 PM GMT