Profile for RussUK > Reviews

Adobe After Effects CC Visual Effects and Compositing Studio Techniques
by Mark Christiansen
Price: 31.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but not a primer for AE, 10 Aug 2014
As others have commented this is not for the beginner and I have to say some of went above my current knowledge. However, with the associated files, I think I will get the areas I was a bit puzzled by later. But I have dipped in and out of this, and am very impressed. This is not a rehash of all the same old effects, or walkthroughs. Rather, it explains the next stage - how to composite well, the problems and workarounds for e.g keying.
Overall an excellent book, but if you're just starting out - try the Meyer book or online training.
If you want to suddenly get some of the more advanced topics, this is the best book I've seen and there were quite a few "eureka" moments reading it.

Emerald Star (Hetty Feather)
Emerald Star (Hetty Feather)

5.0 out of 5 stars buy it !, 18 Feb 2013
a nother classic from jacqueline Wilson .As soon I hear it had come out I brought all 3 book's and they were very exciting but sad .

Sapphire Battersea (Hetty Feather)
Sapphire Battersea (Hetty Feather)

4.0 out of 5 stars read it now !, 18 Feb 2013
this book follows on hetty Heather .She is founding and get sent away from the hospital to be a servant for a wirter but she taken away come mother .then a tragict thing happen ! she is alone .
Will she ever find her foster brother how lo ves her?

Hetty Feather
Hetty Feather

4.0 out of 5 stars hetty feather, 17 Feb 2013
This review is from: Hetty Feather (Kindle Edition)
a story about a girl caled hetty how is leave a founding hospital. She goes to a foster family and stay there in till she 5 then gose back to the founding hospital and gets traind to be a servant but on Queen Victoria dimed jublyst gets lost .
Will she ever find her mother?

Lily
Lily

4.0 out of 5 stars a moving story about a girl called lily !, 17 Feb 2013
This review is from: Lily (Kindle Edition)
lily is a girl who live in a big grand house on the Island for man
She rans a way to the main land with her sister but her mother maid is on the sterch for them

What You Need to Know about Project Management
What You Need to Know about Project Management
Price: 8.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Very insightful, 19 Jan 2013
This is a really readable and insightful guide with plenty of lightbulb moments. I have really gained a lot from it both practically and from the philosophical position

Creating a Web Site with Flash 8: Visual QuickProject Guide (Visual QuickProject Guides)
by David Morris
Price: 9.28

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad for an Intro, 30 Jan 2006
This book was suprisingly good, is quite cheap and covers most of the initial things that can prove daunting if you have never used Flash before. Don't expect too much of it. It takes an example site for a company, and has some simple animations buttons and links but does it in a simple but compelling way. I had foundered a bit with another more detailed text and was getting a bit frustrated but this got me started and now the bigger text seems OK.

Advanced Transact-SQL for SQL Server 2000
Advanced Transact-SQL for SQL Server 2000
by Itzik Ben-Gan

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent: I learned a lot from the word go, 12 Mar 2004
I took a gamble on ordering this one. I wanted a book which was solely SQL and not page on page of screenshots, but had never seen it in a bookshop.
I was particularly interested in hierarchy queries and the chapter on this was brief but very informative. I tend to dip in but I think it is the best SQL Server 2000 book I own.
It does not tell you how to use SQL Server but concentrates on problem solving.
I disagree with the other reviewer, and I think it is much better than the Books Online which I find hard to sift through

Stupid White Men: ...and Other Sorry Excuses for the State of the Nation!
Stupid White Men: ...and Other Sorry Excuses for the State of the Nation!
by Michael Moore

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 12 Mar 2004
After all the hype about Bowling for Columbine, Oscars etc, I decided to buy this and was quite disappointed by the ranting style of the narrative.
Much better in a similar vein are "Why do people hate America" and " The Twilight of American Culture" although they are more generic and perhaps at times too high brow.
It is clear that the author has a little too high opinion of his own views at times, and this started to annoy very early on.

Collins Talking German-English Dictionary
Collins Talking German-English Dictionary

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good although Looks a little Dated, 12 Mar 2004
This is quite a good dictionary and the albeit simple games are quite good to build up vocabulary and you can make up your own tests as well as random words.
The ability to search the database is a little basic and I think it could easily be improved in future versions.
However, it is quite good but if all you want is a dictionary, the pop up ones are better (e.g PONS, Oxford Duden)

Page: 1 | 2