Profile for Scorpio Woman > Reviews

Content by Scorpio Woman

Scorpio Woman "Book worm" (Coventry, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Little Squares & Slices (The Australian Women's Weekly Essentials)
Little Squares & Slices (The Australian Women's Weekly Essentials)
by The Australian Women's Weekly

5.0 out of 5 stars Something for everyone, 8 Aug. 2012
The lay out of this book is great with mostly one recipe to a page and beautifully photographed throughout. The recipes are easy to follow and well laid out. There are some recipes that are very familiar but others that I'm excited to try out. Whilst this is an Australian publication the ingredients are given in imperial and metric units (I don't get on well with American cup measures). As I do a lot of markets and festivals these recipes will make a great addition to my menu.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly fast service, 6 July 2012
I was searching for a pasta wheel cutter for cutting shaped biscuits and found this, ordered it one day and received it the next! Fantastic! How did internet shopping get this good?! I had to use it straight away and - better yet - the item is exactly what I wanted with a wooden handle of exactly the right length to give optimum control and it is so easy to manoeuvre round intricately shaped cookies. The wheel cog leaves a nice design in the dough as well. Perfect!

The Baking Book: The Ultimate Baker's Companion (Good Housekeeping)
The Baking Book: The Ultimate Baker's Companion (Good Housekeeping)
by Good Housekeeping Institute

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 29 April 2012
Nothing new here. I would have liked a few more recipes that I hadn't seen before and a little innovation given that it was put together by Good Housekeeping. This is not a keeper I'm afraid.

Electruepart Filter set to fit Dyson DC01 Series 8 Pack
Electruepart Filter set to fit Dyson DC01 Series 8 Pack
Offered by VacMagic

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 29 April 2012
These are a perfectly adequate substitute for Dyson DC01 filters and as a pack of 8 these are good value too.

Genware Stainless Steel Flour Sieve 9 inch | Professional Quality Kitchen Sieve for Baking & Cooking | Fine Mesh Sieve

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to my kitchen, 29 April 2012
I sought this out after a cookery course and have used it for sieving ground almonds and icing in preparation for french macarons. I found it sat easily on top of my large mixing bowl but it is also useful when sifting onto a piece of parchment.

Le Cordon Bleu Patisserie Foundations Classic Recipes
Le Cordon Bleu Patisserie Foundations Classic Recipes
by The Chefs of Le Cord
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 29 April 2012
I've become a bit of a collector of baking books and I thought I might be stepping outside my comfort zone when I ordered this but my-o-my! what a fantastic collection of delights. The recipes are thorough and provide details of all equipment needed as well as a comprehensive list of ingredients. The pictures are wonderful and inspirational. The one thing lacking is in the timing for each recipe and I think this could have been included in a box adjacent to the ingredients but overall I am extremely satisfied with this and look forward to trying out many of the recipes.

Set Of 3 Daisy Fondant Cut-outs Sugarcraft
Set Of 3 Daisy Fondant Cut-outs Sugarcraft
Offered by Cupcake Moulds

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 29 April 2012
I have bought several items from this seller and have always received excellent service. I have used these cutters in my sugarcraft class and find them very easy to use and they produce sharp results every time.

Bitesize: Macarons, Cake Pops and Cute Things
Bitesize: Macarons, Cake Pops and Cute Things
by Hardie Grant Books

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Find, 29 April 2012
What a great little book! I have tried the raspberry and blood orange macarons, madeleines and whoopie pie recipes so far. The recipes are easy to follow and the results are exactly as expected. Great pictures throughout the book. All in all an excellent addition to my bookshelf.

Squires Kitchen's Guide to Making Sugar Figures: 24 Fun Cake-top Characters for Every Celebration (Squires Kitchens Guides)
by Jan Clement-May

5.0 out of 5 stars A Recommended Buy, 29 April 2012
What a fantastic little book. I have used this for many cake toppers. I have a little experience of modelling but this book is so easy to follow that it is my go-to book for inspiration. My confidence has increased leaps and bounds since I bought this book. The characters can easily be adapted to your own theme and there are some excellent tips. I would recommend this book to all users.

Mastrad Silicone Heart Shaped Muffin Pan - Raspberry
Mastrad Silicone Heart Shaped Muffin Pan - Raspberry

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, great results, 28 Jan. 2012
Found this very easy to use. With a little cake release used to grease the pan the individual cakes came out with very little effort. Have previously avoided silicone moulds but am now a convert. Easy to store and no more worrying about scratching the pans.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11