Profile for Scorpio Woman > Reviews

Content by Scorpio Woman

Scorpio Woman "Book worm" (Coventry, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Alan Silverwood Tiffin Barbie Cinderella Princess Cake tin
Alan Silverwood Tiffin Barbie Cinderella Princess Cake tin
Offered by Emporium Cookshop & Homewares

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for, 12 April 2013
Having used Alan Silverwood items in the past I knew to expect good quality from this item. Fast and efficient service and easy to use. Have seen similar items from other brands at much more cost than this. Would recommend.

The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home
The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home
by Tarek Malouf

4.0 out of 5 stars Some unusual recipes, 12 April 2013
I'm always on the lookout for recipes that are a little bit different but still have a stand-out effect and this book has this in spades. I like the layout and the recipes are easy to follow with some great baked results. I did think twice before buying this book but really glad I did.

Wilton Checkerboard Baking Set
Wilton Checkerboard Baking Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that impressed, 12 April 2013
If there's one thing this item has taught me it's not to expect good value for money from some of the biggest and well known brands. This cake set is OK but nothing to shout home about. it does make it easy to obtain a checkerboard effect but not much more to say about it.

CHALK BOARD CUPCAKE DESIGN WALL ART STICKER DECAL 2 SIZES*FREE LIQUID CHALK MARKER PEN*SHABBY CHIC KITCHEN (LARGE 60x60)
Offered by customvinyldecals

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 12 April 2013
Bought this for my little cake shop. Great for adding the cake of the week. Very easy to apply and wipe clean. Good idea to include a board pen and the instructions and tips included by the seller are very hand to have. Makes a great talking point and a real attention grabber.

Gü Chocolate Cookbook
Gü Chocolate Cookbook
by Gü

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a scrummy book, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: Gü Chocolate Cookbook (Hardcover)
Some interesting and surprising recipes in this book. When this book arrived I knew that it was quickly going to become a favourite for chocolate recipes. Stunning photography and easy to follow recipes make this an absolute must for chocolate lovers. The chocolate madeleines are delicious and I've also made the chocolate birthday cake and the chocolate and pear tartin is a favourite in my household. Have yet to try the savoury dishes but there are plenty to tempt the palate.

Sugar Sporties (Twenty to Make)
Sugar Sporties (Twenty to Make)
by Paula MacLeod

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun models to try, 17 Mar 2013
I like trying my hand at sugar modelling and this book has some fun projects to try. There are still some sports missing and I guess these could form another volume. Guess I'll have to keep looking for a cycling model.

Baked Elements: The Importance of Being Baked in 10 Favorite Ingredients
Baked Elements: The Importance of Being Baked in 10 Favorite Ingredients
by Matt Lewis

3.0 out of 5 stars One for the library, 17 Mar 2013
The authors have suggested reciped using their 10 favourite ingredients but there just wasn't enough content or variety for me. I have the feeling that this is one book that I will not be using very often.

Bake It Like You Mean It
Bake It Like You Mean It
by Gesine Bullock-Prado

4.0 out of 5 stars Something different, 17 Mar 2013
There are several projects to try for the baking enthusiast - some recipes are quite easy whilst others require more attention. For me there could have been more photos but the look of the book in general is very good and there are some new techniques to try.

Cake Pops: Little Cakes, Bite-Sized Cookies, Sweets and Party Treats on Sticks
Cake Pops: Little Cakes, Bite-Sized Cookies, Sweets and Party Treats on Sticks
by Hannah Miles

3.0 out of 5 stars An OK book, 17 Mar 2013
I thought I might get a bit of inspiration from this book but have to say I was a little disappointed with the content.

WellBake JUMBO Extra Large Muffin / Pie Tray - 6 Cup. Superior Quality Non-Stick Silicone Bakeware + 10 Year Guarantee. Super Size American Muffins + Cupcakes
Offered by WellBake Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the JUMBO I expected, 7 Dec 2012
Whilst these muffin moulds are a good size I was expecting something slightly larger. I have similar sized moulds already and was looking for something of an American style portion. Nevertheless the moulds are very easy to use and cakes come out very easily. I saw a Wellbake stand at a craft fair and bought more of their product so I haven't been put off. Would still like a slightly bigger mould though.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11