Profile for Girltaristhan > Reviews

Content by Girltaristhan

Girltaristhan "Hannie" (Bedford, UK)

Hidden Treasures
Hidden Treasures

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy but Good Read, 23 July 2014
This review is from: Hidden Treasures (Kindle Edition)
Bit cheesy in places but is a chick flick in a book. I found it easy to read and ended up reading with one hand while feeding my two week old son in the other arm. If you like rom coms you'll like it.

Speak Love: Making Your Words Matter
Speak Love: Making Your Words Matter

5.0 out of 5 stars Speak Love, 23 Feb. 2014
Annie has a way of writing that makes you feel like you are genuinely sat there having a coffee and discussing the stuff rather than it just being a Christian book without that friendship. A couple of times I tweeted Annie while reading it and she took the time to reply too which felt really special in a bit of a nerdy way. I then I spend so much time apologising for my neediness rather than accepting it so hi I am Hannah I'm in my late twenties and I'm a nerd.

Cranky, Beautiful Faith
Cranky, Beautiful Faith

5.0 out of 5 stars So inspiring, 3 Dec. 2013
In my early twenties I always felt like I couldn't be me because i didn't fit the image of "the youth workers wife" well Nadia kicks it out the park when it comes to not fitting the stereotype! I started this on Sunday and just finished it today. Her story is so inspiring!

Kept: (Arielle Lockley Series Book 1)
Kept: (Arielle Lockley Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab first novel, 23 April 2013
Well done Elle! So glad to see your first novel "on paper" and out there for people to read.

The start has an air of "Confessions of A Shopaholic" by Sophie Kinsella and that drew me in. I then wanted to know what happened to Arielle and how her life unfolded. I really liked the "flashbacks" to explain why Arielle is the way she is. By the middle, I wanted Obélix to confess undying love for Arielle but I guess it will always be brother/sister.

Can't wait for your second book in the Autumn.

A Year of Biblical Womanhood: How a Liberated Woman Found Herself Sitting on Her Roof, Covering Her Head, and Calling Her Husband 'Master'

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 26 Mar. 2013
Not sure about the calling my husband "master" bit but the whole camping in the garden once a month sounded like a good idea. Well except for the fact it's March and we've had snow even now! All in all a good book and it was very interesting.

The Friday Night Knitting Club
The Friday Night Knitting Club

4.0 out of 5 stars So sweet, 24 Feb. 2013
My mum taught me to knit and crochet and I hope one day I can teach my kids to knit and crochet. It's got happy moments and sad moments. Some moments of frustration and some where I want to grab my needles and get on with another project (finishing a crocheted baby blanket at the moment!)

Awaken: a Blood Angel novel
Awaken: a Blood Angel novel

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read, 29 Oct. 2012
I finished reading the book at the end of September and haven't got back to write a review. I think you'll like this if you like the Morganville Vampires series by Racehl Caine, Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer or The Vampire Diaries by L. J. Smith. (I've read the first two but would still go for older vampire stories where vampires were vampires)

But before you get switched off because it's "another vampire story" don't switch off because it's not all about the vampires, there is a bit of witchcraft in there too. There's a bit about healing crystals - which isn't really my thing but was an interesting twist to the story. (If you liked The Craft film you might like it)

So yeah it's good and I think you'll like it. Give it a try.