Profile for Susan Terry > Reviews

The Last Rhinos
by Lawrence Anthony
Price: 6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Reading still in progress, 14 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Last Rhinos (Paperback)
Enjoyable read so far.
This is the last book in his trilogy, so it was important for me to read the complete set.
Will appeal to the Nature/Animal Lover who has had the honour and privilege to have visited the African bush. It will touch your senses like no other.
A remarkable man/author who had the courage, dedication and was prepared to sacrifice in order to try to protect the Animals and Wilderness that he loved.
Unfortunately Anthony is no longer with us but his legacy will live on.

A Lot of Loose Ends - A Vet in Africa: The drama, humour and politics of animal care on the Dark Continent
by Roland Minor
Price: 7.83

4.0 out of 5 stars Have not read it yet but i am sure that it will be an enjoyable read., 14 Jun 2014
Dispatched quickly, well packaged and sold as described.
My only disappointment is that in my opinion the book could have been sold a bit cheaper.

Realistic Naturecraft Animal Two Sheep Figurine
Realistic Naturecraft Animal Two Sheep Figurine
Offered by Riverside Garden Centre
Price: 10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars An early Christmas Gift., 14 Jun 2014
It is bought as a gift so I have not really studied the item but I am sure that my dear friend will love it.
It came quickly, well packaged and was sold as described so I can not complain.

I Dreamed of Africa
I Dreamed of Africa
by Kuki Gallmann
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars She lived the dream, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: I Dreamed of Africa (Paperback)
Having just finished "I dreamed of Africa" I read the reviews written by "others" with an open mind,
While I agree with some comments of a privileged upbringing of the author leading to acquiring light aircrafts and an upper classed social lifestyle, the "reader" can not help but "feel" for her "trials", "loses" and "struggles" through her early years in Africa.
She had the gift of giving the "reader" an insight of the landscape of Africa and a brief glimpse of the culture of its peoples.
I "lived" and "breathed" parts of the book and I enjoyed her written work but I would not want to read anymore of her books as for me, I instalment was enough for me.
She did indeed "live the dream".

How to Walk a Puma...& other things I learned while stumbing around South America
by Peter Allison
Price: 7.69

4.0 out of 5 stars A readable book, 9 Sep 2013
This is the second book by this author that I have read.
Whilst I gave it 4 stars, I did,nt enjoy it as much as there didn,t appear to be so much content in the book, a lot of the content included the travelling aspect - and the "Joys" of being on the road more so than when he finally reached his destinations. I think that was because he had to travel long distances to even get to the smallest, remote places but saying that, the humour was there which made it a readable, enjoyable book.

The World According to Bob: The Further Adventures of One Man and His Street-wise Cat
by James Bowen
Price: 15.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Thanks James, 3 Sep 2013
This is the second of James,s books that I have read.
A very readable book, gives the reader a better perspective of Street Life.
Was sorry when I had finished it as I felt that I was "There with Him"Am now going to pass it on to my Mum who is 86 years of age!!
Thanks James.

I Walk Alone / It's A Sin
I Walk Alone / It's A Sin
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 11.23

5.0 out of 5 stars The Old Fashioned Way, 20 Aug 2013
Just an amazing natural voice. You can close your eyes and imagine for a while that you are anywhere in the world that you would like to be.
Heaven!!!

Battery Operated LED Light Up Galileo Galilei Thermometer in Orange, Height 26cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Present for my mum, 1 Jan 2013
It was a Christmas present for my mother.
She was thrilled and said that "it was exactly what she wanted"
So thank-you.
Susan.

Stephen Gayford 2013 Calendar: Includes 12 of the Best Gayford Wildlife Prints. 405 x 490mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Stephen Gayford Calendar, 1 Jan 2013
When i first purchased this item i thought that it was over-priced but having now opened and seen the quality of the paper and product i realize that it is a quality product.
It looks a masterpiece in itself hung on the wall.
I will definitly buy one again next year if i am lucky enough to have the chance.
So thank-you Stephen Gayford!
Susan.