Profile for Bibliofil > Reviews

Content by Bibliofil

Bibliofil (Kent UK)

BONAMART ® Water Cooling Scarf Cold Therapy Neck Cooler Tie Bandanas Scarf Wrap Headband
Offered by BONAMART CO UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant idea., 31 Aug. 2014
I borrowed one of these on a very hot walking holiday. It is superb. It keeps you cool and I love the way it dries out for storage in the cooler months. Would definitely recommend this.

APPLE iPad Camera Connection Kit
APPLE iPad Camera Connection Kit
Offered by Kikatek

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 31 Aug. 2014
Superb gadget. It is so quick and easy to download photos.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little camera., 31 Aug. 2014
Brilliant little camera. I am no photographer and just wanted a 'point and shoot'. This fits the bill perfectly. It is small enough to be kept in a hand bag and it is so easy to download the photos onto an ipad. Great price too. I phoned the supplier to check the delivery date and they were easy to contact and very helpful.

Learning Resources Three Bear Family Rainbow Counters (Set of 96)
Learning Resources Three Bear Family Rainbow Counters (Set of 96)
Offered by MMP Living

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect educational toy., 31 Aug. 2014
I have recommended these for use in Nurseries for years and was very pleased to buy a set for my grand daughter as she was learning her colours. I know these will be used for many purposes. They are so tactile and can be used in so many different ways.

The Gilded Chamber
The Gilded Chamber

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read., 31 Aug. 2014
I read this years ago and decided to get my own copy. It was just as good as I remembered. This has long been one of my favourite stories in the bible, and this novel is like getting an 'insiders' peek into the harem. Brilliant!

Lessons From the Mountain
Lessons From the Mountain
by Mary McDonough

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing., 31 Aug. 2014
I am struggling to read this. I think there is an interesting story here...but it is well buried. This is more like a series of anecdotes than a chronological autobiography. There seem to be more oblique references to a difficult childhood and adolescence, rather than an account of the difficulties. It is interesting to learn about behind the scenes filming of The Waltons...but the style of the writing outweighs this.

The School Inspector Calls!: A Little Village School Novel (Little Village School Novels Book 3)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not his usual standard, 15 July 2014
Oh dear. Am I the only person writing a review who found the inconsistencies and mistakes in this book irritating? It started with a conversation between a supposed ten year old and the head mistress. I had to go back and check it was a child talking...she could have been a middle aged woman! We go on to a meeting scheduled for a Thursday afternoon...that happens on a Friday when one of the characters was supposed to be on a training course. I have struggled to read on with any credibility just to get to the shop keeper whose conversation is sprinkled with clumsy malapropisms who then uses the word 'vicissitudes' correctly.
Either Phinn has lost interest in his characters, or this is very badly edited.