Profile for Georgia > Reviews

Forza Italia: The Fall and Rise of Italian Football
by Paddy Agnew
Price: 6.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Forza Italia - cosi cosi, 29 Nov 2010
I read this book while on holiday - my knowledge of italian football prior to it only extended back the five years or so i've been following it, alongside snipets of the scandals i've heard from elsewhere (mainly my sports lawyer brother). I found the book very engaging,there were very few times when it felt to me that it dragged. I enjoyed the personal touch, Agnew's inclusions of his family adjustion to Italian life. As someone who speaks some Italian, and is from Italian heritage, that was of interest to me. His knowledge of football was excellent, as was his research. I particularly enjoyed the chapter of Ettore Gandini, showing the other side of professional football. All in all, i felt this was a good book, and worth a read for any football fans.

Fairytale of New York
Fairytale of New York
by Miranda Dickinson
Price: 5.04

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly Dire, 29 Nov 2010
This review is from: Fairytale of New York (Paperback)
My problem with this book was probably not the unengaging prose, or complete lack of originality. Nor was it the poor plot structure. My problem was that within say, four pages of the book, I easily predicted what the conclusion would be - and suprise, suprise, I was right. Terrible, laughable - don't waste your time nor money on it!