Profile for JMAuthor > Reviews

Content by JMAuthor

JMAuthor "Lost in Words" (NJ)

Natural Remedies from Salad Herbs (Herbal Medicine from Your Garden or Windowsill Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Way More Than I Expected! Definitely Worth The Price! =), 26 Jan. 2013
This guide is packed full of information for those interested in natural health and medicinal herbs. I hadn't heard of many of these herbs, even though I often enjoy salads. Most of the salads today are quite bland so it's no surprise that some of these herbs never crossed my plate, or my mind.

There are 25 herbs listed in this volume. What I like is that Ms. Leach has been very thorough about precautions as well as the multiple benefits of each herb. The common name, nicknames and scientific name as well as a picture help for further research and/or identification. Following is a brief description of the plant size and how to grow the herb in your garden or windowsill.

For each herb there are some basic information such as what it is used for, what "ailments" may be helped, any precautions (such as not for pregnant women), possible aromatherapy aspects and other uses, such as "in the garden" or "in the home."

I really liked the way the guide was laid out and have bookmarked a few sections for future reference. I think if you are interested in natural health, medicinal herbs, aromatheraphy, non-toxic home products, you may really find this book as useful as I have.

102 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets)
102 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets)

5.0 out of 5 stars Even Better in HD, 21 Jan. 2013
This is the third volume in the series, I was wondering if it would be more challenging than the previous two. For me, it was. As with all of the other books in the series, I did well on some and found them to be easy and get the brain juices flowing. Then, the puzzles became more challenging. The HD version provides more vivid puzzles and in some cases, that makes the puzzles easier for me. =)

As with every book, there is an introduction and directions on how to make the most out of the interactive games. You also get a listing of the puzzle titles with "*" indicators to help you know before-hand how challenging they will be. It is the same with either version, original or this HD version.

And, for me, these books have been a ton of fun. Challenging of course, but that's what makes it so much fun. I was really looking forward to this HD version and I was not disappointed!

Highly recommended!!

102 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)
102 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)

5.0 out of 5 stars My Third Book. Love These Puzzles!, 19 Jan. 2013

And, for me, this has been a ton of fun. Challenging of course, but that's what makes it so much fun. I look forward to grabbing the HD version as well because sometimes I find I do better solving those puzzles. Not sure if it's the difference between black & white and color...or that when I look at the HD puzzles I've already seen them in the original version. =)

Highly recommended!!

101 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets)
101 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets)

5.0 out of 5 stars Never Disappoints! These Puzzles Are Always Challenging and Fun., 16 Dec. 2012
It amazes me that the Grabarchuk family can create hundreds of puzzles over and over again. They are always unique and challenging. There are different levels of difficulty, and even though this is the third set of puzzles I have purchased, I still find great enjoyment in each book. And to top it all off, you have the option of the regular or the HD version. Although I enjoy them both for different reasons.

I've been sharing the other puzzle books with my family and it makes for some great fun. I find it fascinating the different ways the brain works. Some puzzles I struggled with, one of my children would solve practically effortlessly...and vice versa. It's created some fun family memories and at the same time, I feel like I am continuing to give my brain a much-needed workout.

If you love puzzles, especially a wide variety of types, you should get this book AND make sure you grab the other books from the Grabarchuk Family as well. EVERY one that I have bought and tried so far has NOT let me down at all!!

101 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)
101 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)

5.0 out of 5 stars My Third Book...I love The Puzzle Quizzes by the Grabarchuk Family, 12 Dec. 2012

104 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets)
104 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets)

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging and Challenging, 15 Nov. 2012
The original book was great and I thoroughly enjoyed the puzzles! This version is even better with the vibrant colors and HD formatting!

What a fun book! I made some mistakes and skipped a few that I just couldn't figure out. I really think this is a great book for most ages, probably 12 and up.

I think it this is an engaging book that really gives you a way to think "outside" of the box as most puzzles require more in-depth problem solving than expected. Something as simple as a shape can be misleading and even though you may think you know how to solve it, once you see the answer, you have one of those "forehead slapping" moments.

Really enjoyed it and look forward to sharing it with my kids, hubby and other puzzle lovers I know. HIGHLY recommended book!

104 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)
104 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)

5.0 out of 5 stars I needed the brain exercise...WOW, 4 Nov. 2012
This was an extremely fun AND challenging book!!!

I made some mistakes and skipped a few that I just couldn't figure out. I really think this is a great book for most ages, but I would think probably 12 and up is best. I will be sharing this with my 13 year old son to see who does better. I am sure he's going to enjoy beating me!