Profile for Sarah > Reviews

Dr.Hauschka Almond Body Moisturiser 145 ml
Offered by COCON DES SENS
Price: 18.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic moisturiser, 24 July 2014
This is a lovely moisturiser, which I actually use as a face cream and it seems to work just as well. The smell is wonderful (subtle and quite soothing) and it has a rich texture. I started using it as a face cream earlier in the year because face creams are so much more expensive for the amount you get - and I seemed to be getting through a tube in no time.

I am extremely grateful for Dr. Hauschka products because it is so difficult to find moisturisers, makeup etc. with truly natural ingredients.

Koleston Perfect Pure Naturals 55 /0 60 ml
Koleston Perfect Pure Naturals 55 /0 60 ml
Offered by ABC BEAUTY SHOP
Price: 5.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great - works well, 24 July 2014
My hairdresser uses this hair colour and initially gave me some to cover my roots in-between visits. Since then I have bought it from Amazon. You mix it with the recommended peroxide solution in the same way as you do with the hair colours that you buy in the shops. This however, gives a much nicer colour and lasts longer. It is also cheaper as a tube lasts me about five applications.

Dr.Hauschka Translucent Make-up 02 Beige Rose 30 ml
Dr.Hauschka Translucent Make-up 02 Beige Rose 30 ml
Offered by Die Naturdrogerie
Price: 16.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended - give it a try, 24 July 2014
This is a wonderful foundation which I have been using now for a couple of years. If you look at the ingredients on the back and compare them to 99.9% of makeup products you will realise just what a chemical cachophany most of them are. I ran out of this last month and thought that somewhere in town there might be something to tide me over: but even the products marketed as "natural" are full of all sorts: including things that are worryingly similar to chemicals we had to use gloves to handle in the lab: but hey, if it gets rid of wrinkles!

This Dr. Hauschka foundation blends and stays on as well as any I have used. It doesn't temporarily "plump out" and fill wrinkles but my skin has been a million times better since using it.

6 Aromas Nepalese/Tibetan Incense - Assorted pack of 6
6 Aromas Nepalese/Tibetan Incense - Assorted pack of 6
Offered by Native by Nature
Price: 18.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice incense, 24 July 2014
I have been burning these incense sticks in the garden - several different ones at a time - and this gives a really nice feel to the space. I find that they are more subtle than many of the cheaper sticks and more earthy. They light fairly easily on the gas ring and I haven't had a problem with them going out (unless there is a downpour of rain).

Maybe I would find the sticks a little smokey in the house: although I like to walk through the house with them first and say a few words of thanks etc. As you would expect, I personally prefer some of the "flavours" to others - but all of them mix well together.

Female Hanging Body Form Full Torso
Female Hanging Body Form Full Torso
Offered by TraderSuppliesOutlet
Price: 8.48

4.0 out of 5 stars What I had hoped - at a reasonable price, 19 Jun 2014
Mum did wonder what this was when it arrived at her house!

The order arrived within a few days and seems to be as described. She is destined to become the body for a scarecrow, which we have promised to build - fully clothed of course. Should be interesting.

Desigual Women's FAL_MOMBOYO Straight Skirt  - Black - Noir (2000) - 10 (Brand size:  S)
Desigual Women's FAL_MOMBOYO Straight Skirt - Black - Noir (2000) - 10 (Brand size: S)

5.0 out of 5 stars An attractive skirt which you could take anywhere!, 25 Feb 2014
I was very pleased with this skirt when it arrived. The sizing was as I had hoped (XS is like a size 8 at somewhere like Warehouse). The material and stitching are also generally very good - but I did have to strengthen the hem around the satin rim at the bottom - because it had started to come undone after wearing it once. Maybe the dog had caught it with her claw though!

I have already had two comments as to how nice this skirt is. It is extremely versatile and can be dressed up or down. This skirt falls slightly longer on me (5'6") than on the photograph - closer to the knee. It looks great with opaque tights and heeled boots - and really is so comfortable with the elasticated waist.

Desigual Women's VEST_GABI Summer Short sleeve Dress
Desigual Women's VEST_GABI Summer Short sleeve Dress

5.0 out of 5 stars A pretty, unusual and very wearable dress, 25 Feb 2014
I was a bit worried about ordering this dress because Desigual can be a little narrow on the shoulders. I ordered a size larger than normal because of this. The dress arrived quickly (as is usual from Amazon) and I was delighted that it fits really nicely - and will go over a thin long-sleeved t-shirt as well. The waist/tie is also in the right place where I find that with a lot of dresses it is too high and on my ribs.

The design and colours are true to the photograph and the stitching/material of good quality. It falls to just above the knee on me (5'6")

Overall, I think this is an extremely useful and wearable dress for the daytime or evening: and I look forward to taking it out.

Healing Wisdom of Africa
Healing Wisdom of Africa
by Malidoma Patrice Some

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully inspiring, 14 Nov 2013
You really must read this book. It oozes with warmth and wisdom: 'feeding your soul' as it opens up an understanding of African indigenous communities and their spiritual integration with each other and the natural world. There is a lot in this that 'more developed' societies could learn - or perhaps remember.

The author does a wonderful job of communicating the importance of community, and the development within community of individuals and their talents/life purposes. It explains the ways in which a common purpose for the Dagara people (whose lives depend very directly upon each other and their immediate environment) is interwoven with the health of both the natural and spirit worlds. In this way, they have survived sustainably without 'high aspirations' or 'mega-consumerism': things which don't necessarily make human beings happy.

I feel that there is a strong message to the western world within this book - and many ideas that would be of great help, if we could listen.

Snipe Womens Fiesta 11 Ankle Boots Brown Braun (chocolate) Size: 38
Snipe Womens Fiesta 11 Ankle Boots Brown Braun (chocolate) Size: 38

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit expensive - but great boots, 14 Nov 2013
I have been wearing these boots for a few weeks now. I had been hoping that they would come down in price, but the mud, slush and ice of winter was approaching and I decided that I needed a comfortable pair of winter boots which would be suitable for going to work in.

I was pleased with the quality when they arrived and the boots seem to stand up well to the elements. The size 5 which I ordered is probably more like a size 6 - but this is fine and means that they fit a really thick pair of socks.

I believe that the Snipe range are marketed as eco-friendly: which, if true, is good. In principle, I think that paying a bit more for sustainably-produced products is a worthwhile view to take into the future.

LANA HOPE: Earth Angel and the Teachings of Firefoot: 1
LANA HOPE: Earth Angel and the Teachings of Firefoot: 1
by mr R P Greenwood
Price: 7.67

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely and interesting story, 9 Sep 2013
This is a book with a lovely feel to it, which takes you on a journey with Lana towards greater wisdom and spirituality - and to save humanity.

The adventure begins when 12 year old Lana sets off on 'holiday' with her rather special Grandma to visit Firefoot (an old friend of Grandma's) and her Native Indian community. A rough plane journey gives them first-hand experience of dark forces, however, which are amassing in the skies: and it is not long before Lana comes to realise that she has an important and predestined role to play in the dangerous battle between Light and Dark.

With the help of Firefoot, Lana learns to harness Light energies from The Earth and nature and to travel through her dreams to the realm of clouds and angels where battles are in full swing. Has she done enough to re-dress the balance from Darkness to Light?

Lana and her allies develop and maintain strong bonds; held together by love, kindness, thought and an often child-like good humour. The story appreciates the wisdom that passes on and grows within cultures living close to nature, which remain connected to it spiritually. It also provides us with encouragement to sometimes seek strength and answers 'within ourselves' through meditation and connections with the positive energies that are circulating 'out there'.

This book is therefore interesting, enjoyable, uplifting and a great gift. Thank you.

Page: 1 | 2