Profile for David A'Hara > Reviews

Content by David A'Hara

David A'Hara

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 2 April 2014
My horse absolutely loves these great value mints, and I liked them too so what more can you ask for.

Bosch - Season 1
Bosch - Season 1
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Never fear, 2 April 2014
As a huge fan of the Harry Bosch books I watched this fully expecting disappointment, however, although this certainly didn't match the images the written page produced in my imagination I found this every bit as engaging as the novels. By midway through I was hooked, despite knowing the story so well. A real page turner if you'll allow me this media crossover. Really looking forward to further episodes.

The Gashlycrumb Tinies
The Gashlycrumb Tinies
by Edward Gorey

4.0 out of 5 stars The ghoulish Gashlycrumb, 13 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Gashlycrumb Tinies (Hardcover)
A fantastic little book, simply a catalogue of childrens demises with the wonderfully loose illustrations depicting said horrors. Certainly something I'll consider buying again as a gift for friends with kids, when the little darlings are at their most trying this may provide some gleefull relief and I know a lot of kids would love this little horror as much as Matilda etc.

Cautionary Tales for Children
Cautionary Tales for Children

4.0 out of 5 stars Darkly delightful, 13 Mar. 2013
In a satire of Struwelpeter and its ilk this tiny tomb of terrible tales deals disciplinary admonishment in delightfully dark and dreadful ways with outcomes as gleefully gory as they are ridiculous. In this Bookaboo generation of sacharine sweet stories this book, Gorey and like minded authors supply secretive sinisterly sly smiles and selfindulgent snickers to one old enough to know better. And I do love a little alliteration.