Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Cumbria)

Numatic CVC370-2BL/BK  Charles Wet and Dry Bagged Vacuum Cleaner, Blue
Numatic CVC370-2BL/BK Charles Wet and Dry Bagged Vacuum Cleaner, Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective, indestructible and fantastic value for money., 30 April 2015
We've had our Charles for 17 years, and nothing has ever gone wrong with it. We used it to clean up during a house build, as a dust extractor in the woodworking workshop, as well as our (only) vacuum cleaner and floor washer in the house. Its huge capacity means you save on bags and it doesn't lose its suction so quickly as machines with small bags.

Aubrey Organics Green Tea Shampoo 325ml
Aubrey Organics Green Tea Shampoo 325ml
Offered by Worldmed

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant stuff, 20 Nov. 2014
Really lovely shampoo. Cleans thoroughly leaving your hair fresh, squeaky clean and shiny yet without knots and tangles: I can brush it without tugging. No need for conditioner. You only need a little so a bottle goes a long way.
I also really like the fact that I no longer contribute to the tons and tons of industrial chemicals that are poured down our domestic drains in the form of shampoos, conditioners, shower gels etc. every day.

Good Food: Easy Weeknight Suppers (Good Food 101)
Good Food: Easy Weeknight Suppers (Good Food 101)
by Barney Desmazery

3.0 out of 5 stars An unexpected mix of traditional and exotic - OK if you like that kind of thing., 12 May 2014
Quite a few very nice recipes, and all are simple to make although more use is made of ready-made ingredients than I would normally use. Also, the blurb does not tell you that many of recipes are exotic in one way or another (Chinese, Thai, African, Indian etc.) which I do not like. However, it still provided some useful and tasty recipes.

Good Food: 101 Simple Suppers(BBC Good Food)
Good Food: 101 Simple Suppers(BBC Good Food)
by Good Homes Magazine

4.0 out of 5 stars Delicious recipes, 12 May 2014
Most recipes are excellent and very tasty; some, like the salads, are rather basic and unappealing but of course everyone's taste is different. Do try the Creamy Salmon Pasta - fabulous!

Align Digestive Care Probiotic Supplement, 42 count
Align Digestive Care Probiotic Supplement, 42 count
Offered by RedTag Event

5.0 out of 5 stars Really works for IBS, 12 May 2014
We too bought this - for my husband - after seeing good results on the Food Hospital. It has worked extremely well, gently relieving the symptoms of gas, gut pain, loose tummy and aches/pains. It generally improved his sense of wellbeing. When he stopped taking the capsules, after a month or so, the symptoms gradually returned so it seems a prolonged course of treatment may be required, but that is a small price to pay for such an improvement in health after years of illness and despair.
He also tried VSL#3 but, despite its vast amounts of bacteria, it brought little or no relief.

Earlex ELXHVGEMUK Gemini HVLP Paint Sprayer
Earlex ELXHVGEMUK Gemini HVLP Paint Sprayer

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, amazing value for money, 3 Nov. 2013
We used this machine to spray (untextured) masonry paint onto roughcast walls, and it worked extremely well, saving us a huge amount of time and toil, as anyone who has ever tried applying masonry paint with a roller onto roughly harled walls will know. It is a little fiddly to clean but the instructions are excellent and once you get used to it, it does not take very long.

Edit July 2014: I broke a small part on this machine yesterday. I telephoned Earlex to order a replacement and received what I can only describe as exceptional customer service. Highly recommended.

Moleskine Extra Large Weekly Notebook 12 Months Soft 2011 (Moleskine Srl) (Moleskine Legendary Notebooks (Calendars))
by Moleskine
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Best diary / to-do list ever, 20 Nov. 2010
Appointments on the left, to-do list and notes on the right. Just the right size: enough room to write as much as I need but neat enough to fit into my bag. Couldn't manage my life and work without it.

Electronic Rat Killer
Electronic Rat Killer

5.0 out of 5 stars Works!, 1 Nov. 2010
We bought this item because there were some mousey/ratty noises in the loft over the bedroom and lots of shredded pipe lagging. We do not like to kill fellow living creatures but gnawed-through electricity cables etc. are not good news either, and this seemed to be most humane solution. Others have written that the batteries are a bit fiddly to insert, but we had no difficulty at all. A blob of peanut butter on the middle plate with some bits of bread stuck to it and we popped it up into the loft, in a random position beside the hatch. There were some buzzing and humming noises from the unit a few hours later - presumably when Mr Mouse set foot onto the plates - but he was quite dead by the time we inspected the trap in the morning.

Disposing of the dead mouse is much easier than with a conventional trap - no maimed or half-alive bodies to contend with. Just drop into a bin or bag.

In short, an excellent solution.

Quality Management: Introduction to Quality
Quality Management: Introduction to Quality
by Geoff Vorley

1.0 out of 5 stars A miserable muddle, 18 May 2009
This is a text book for module D1 of the CQI diploma. I am not given to ranting but this is one of the worst text books I have come across. Although there is an index showing chapters, there are no headings or clear breaks in the text itself so I constantly have to refer to the index to try to figure out from the page numbers where I am in the overall scheme of things. The subject matter is not well-organised and the sequence of topics is a complete muddle. It is firmly rooted in old-fashioned engineering notions of quality, launching into a great deal of detail on SI units, writing specifications, inspection techniques, process capability and so on almost straightaway. I expected and hoped for a wider introduction to quality, encompassing the origins of quality concepts, application to service industries, etc. but am deeply disappointed. I think it must have been written by a a couple of shop-floor inspectors who have never quite got their heads around the modern interpretation and application of quality concepts. It devotes only foru pages to quality management systems and prescribes a single QMS structure which seems old-fashioned and is not like any that I have seen. Clearly, modern web-based systems are entirely outwith the experience of the authors.

I imagine that anyone who is fairly new to Quality, and anyone with a background in anything other than manufacturing, will be completely lost within half an hour.

I will be throwing this book away away and looking elsewhere for course materials - it is completely hopeless and quite infuriating. It is also disappointing that the CQI, who are supposed to be leading the way in Quality management, have approved this as the core textbook for the very first of their Diploma modules.

Introduction to Health and Safety at Work: The Handbook for the NEBOSH National General Certificate
by Phil Hughes

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, clear, extremely helpful book., 18 May 2009
I bought this book to help with the development of a safety management system. I am a quality manager with no background in safety and found this book to be immensely helpful. The contents are well-structured, the text is very clear and easy to read, and it manages to make the impenetrable subject of safety legislation seem fairly straightforward - no mean feat. It incorporates techniques and checklists which can be used almost straight from the book. My husband is a safety manager and also finds it useful. In summary, an excellent book both for those starting out in safety and for professionals needing a reference book.