Profile for Riio821 > Reviews

Content by Riio821

Riio821

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy grinder for anyone to have, 16 Oct 2012
Good value for money - good size, good grip. You do get what you pay for so don't expect anything top of the range, but this is a great go-to grinder and the stash compartment is a handy feature to have as well

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent value for money., 16 Oct 2012
Grinder is a good grinder, only reason I give it 4 stars is because it's not that big and the grip can be a bit difficult at times. However, if you place your palm flat on the top and twist the lid to grind your ingredients, it works a charm. The kief catcher compartment in the bottom is handy but as already mentioned, comes with a screen that is too small for much to get through.

NUMARK LAPTOP STAND
NUMARK LAPTOP STAND
Offered by UKDJ - DFB Sound & Light Warehouse Ltd
Price: 39.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good laptop stand, 16 Jan 2011
This review is from: NUMARK LAPTOP STAND (Electronics)
This laptop stand is great, built like a tank and easily portable. The only issue I have with it is that packing it up can be a bit of a hassle and sometimes the legs are hard to remove if you put them in properly. That being said, I don't worry at all about my laptop when it's on this, and it's the perfect height to rest above my Mixtrack Pro. Slightly pricey for what it does, but it looks very professional!

Numark Mixtrack Pro DJ Controller with Integrated Audio Interface
Numark Mixtrack Pro DJ Controller with Integrated Audio Interface
Offered by DJ Tech Direct Deals
Price: 159.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent controller, 16 Jan 2011
This MIDI controller is perfect for all types of DJ. It's price point is such great value and makes it stand out in my opinion; most controllers are either very toy-like or too expensive for the hobbyist DJ. As I've only just begun to get into DJing, I didn't have the money to go all out and buy the best controller out there, but didn't want to waste my time with cheap controllers either. This unit is the perfect mid-level controller for anyone to use.

About the same size as a Wii fit board, it's really easy to take around with you. The only problem I had when setting up was that my laptop couldn't recognise it at first (much to my frustration), but when I charged up the battery to 100% it recognised it fine. However, that's probably just my laptop messing up! This is really easy to get going on, just plug it in via the provided USB cable to your computer, hook up to your sound system via the RCA outputs and launch up the provided Virtual DJ LE software!

Virtual DJ LE works great, and I wouldn't recommend purchasing the full version unless you need more than 2 decks to work with (personally, I don't). The built in soundcard has a headphone output, microphone input and gain control for the microphone too. All work really great, and the controls are all perfect too. The buttons are made from plastic but don't feel cheap at all, and the disc platters are actually touch sensitive. You can access a whole bank of effects using the knobs onboard, which come in really handy. You can even scratch a little bit because the latency is so low! In fact, the latency with this controller is much less than that of most controllers on the market (there's only a slight delay in response time to 'scratching'). Granted, you won't achieve turntablist quality, but then again that's impossible to achieve with ANY controller that's MIDI.

Overall, this product is great value for money, portable and fun for people of all skill levels to play on. I also got a set of Numark DJ headphones and the Numark laptop stand to go with this. The controls aren't limited and are very responsive and you can get some serious mixes out of it!
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2014 4:58 PM GMT

Waddingtons "Number 1" Playing Cards (Colours may vary)
Waddingtons "Number 1" Playing Cards (Colours may vary)
Offered by DLF Wholesale
Price: 1.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cheap cards, 16 Jan 2011
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
For less than 1.50, you can't go wrong with these. They were delivered within 3 days and I was impressed with the quality, they are very easy to shuffle and are more durable than I'd expected. They have started to crease slightly from extensive use but nothing too annoying, you get what you pay for! Recommended for anyone needing a good quality deck of cards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great decks for all purposes!, 16 Jan 2011
I just bought these two decks a few weeks ago and was amazed at the difference between these and standard 'free from off the plane' cards I had. A friend recommended them and I needed to get hold of some for a weekly poker match and the quality is brilliant. The package comes with a blue deck and a red deck, both are just the standard set of Bicycle playing cards so I'd be amazed to the quality of more expensive decks by them! Easy to shuffle, not bent easily, really great value for money and super quick delivery.

Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch
Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value!, 16 Jan 2011
I bought this tablet a few months ago as my first graphics tablet that I used for loads of projects I was working on. It comes in really handy for all sorts and does exactly what it should do! The tablet itself takes up very little space and because it is so thin can be packed away really easily as well. I wasn't too sure of what I was buying into, but I was very impressed.

The pen features of this tablet work phenomanally - pressure sensitive, easily assignable buttons. It works within every program I tested it in: Photoshop, Flash, Paint, Corel, even Windows Live Messenger! The touch features were also a lot better than I thought they'd be, I didn't expect much and was only going to use it to navigate without using a mouse when I was working on a seperate desk. However, the multitouch works great and is best when web browsing. You can even flick through photos! Granted, it's not an Apple Magic Touchpad, but the results are still very satisfactory.

In fact, I've been so impressed with this I just bought one for a friend too. The postage is really quick, came within 2 days, all sealed perfectly as you would expect. The one thing I didn't like about this was the eraser feature on the end of the pen doesn't seem to work in every program for me - so far, it only works perfectly in Windows Live Messenger, which I don't even use that much. But because I can just click the eraser tool with the pen and erase that way, it's not a big enough issue for me to not give this excellent product 5/5!