Profile for Natalie Venning > Reviews

Content by Natalie Venning

Natalie Venning "natari-himi" (cornwall)

Page: 1 | 2
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate  (Nintendo 3DS)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS)
Price: 35.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommend WiiU over 3DS though, 5 Feb 2014
Having never played its prequels, I only wanted to play this game based on the dragon on the cover and the fact it said ‘ultimate’. It just sounds cool too.

A novice like me is told to go hunt the Lagombi. The unimaginative 2D picture floating behind 3D text shows me a fat monster which has taken the cute parts of a bunny and a bat, and then messed them up so they look ugly, thrown in a road for a belly and slapped a stupid, scary koala face on it. To top it off, they send me to the Tundra – I hate snow!

There are twelve weapons to choose from, all are heavily detailed. I want them all, they all look feisty, dangerous and have that ‘no scary koala is going to mess with me today’ aura. However, I have always been a dual blades kind of girl and my choice is only further justified with the description ‘powerful demon mode’. They know me so well.

I am suddenly joined by Kayamba and Cha Cha, some cute-but-not-cute short monsters with blunt weapons. They help you fight, and run back to you – or rather pop out of the ground next to you – when you push a button. I forget which. There is no demo tutorial for what button does what, so after maybe drinking a potion and then accidentally entering demon mode before taking my swords out, I finally leave camp.

Within a couple minutes I have killed a mammoth and its defenceless child, twice, a dinosaur, some dear and some short thing that meowed. I finally find my prey… it is just as ugly as I described. I start button mashing the hell out of its road belly, but it really only gets annoyed at me. I am even somehow causing lightning, and red sparks, and then he starts making me into an ice sculpture and drifting all over the place… we keep going till he knocks me out and I am rolled back to camp by meowing things. We do this two more times until I am bored with not understanding how to play on such a tiny DS screen.

For more, visit natari-himi.com

Notebooks Pro
Notebooks Pro
Price: 1.24

5.0 out of 5 stars useful app, 5 Feb 2014
This review is from: Notebooks Pro (App)
This app is great, keep making notebooks, saves automatically, it is very handy for kindle when i want to take notes and then copy them onto a blog later etc.

Sherlock - Series 1-3 [Blu-ray]
Sherlock - Series 1-3 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Benedict Cumberbatch
Price: 22.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart is sexy, 5 Feb 2014
The fist tv aired episode i watched of Sherlock was the third series number 2 (wedding). It was so fantastic I went straight to Amazon and preordered this bluray set, and I could be happier. The visual quality is superb, the actual series is divine, and Cumberbatch is just fantastic.

Buy it. It's elementary.

GreatShield 3.1A [Ultra High Speed] Dual Port USB Output (2.1A/1.0A) Car Vehicle Power Charger Adapter Compatible with Apple and Android Smartphones, Tablets, GPS, Gaming Device, Bluetooth Headset (Ghost White)
Offered by theWireless USA
Price: 9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Possibly deffective?, 5 Feb 2014
It will not stay plugged in my car, my Sat Nav wire will not stay connected so while I am driving it chooses to turn off as 'power is lost'. Might be one of those things you need to spend money on, but then again I may just be unlucky to have a defective one. Read some other reviews.

Bravely Default (3DS)
Bravely Default (3DS)
Offered by RAREWAVES
Price: 35.21

4.0 out of 5 stars Played the demo, and the game is top notch., 5 Feb 2014
This review is from: Bravely Default (3DS) (Video Game)
Bravely Default a conventional RPG with monsters to rival the adorableness of Final Fantasy and global community storyline which reminds me of a Tales Of.

I think your main character is Tiz, I say main, he is the default lead in the party so you run around as him. I know you can change but he’s adorable and the other party members respect him, so let’s stick to tradition.

As per most hand held RPG, you have a little town or city you can walk around platform style, but when you enter shops etc, you don’t go in and have a snoop (so no drawers or pots to steal things from like usual), just a menu comes up. Once you leave said city, it becomes a free-style world where you look like a giant against the backdrop of the city’s defining attraction or building.

With potions in your bag, you prepare for adventure in a party of 4. You get the low down from the tutorial about using streetpass to build a village in the ether of your 3DS which I still don’t understand, but I think it’s a ploy to walk around with your DS on waste the battery and increase replacement battery sales… might be wrong. Battery conspiracy aside, a sweet natured person in a purple toga tells you the forest and castle to the east and south is way out of your league, so better stick to the cave to the west.

After losing one character in the forest and getting obliterated by an owl wizard in the castle, I have established people in purple togas do not lie.

Bravely Default use that most frustrating of style where you are happily running in an empty field before your screen becomes a kaleidoscope singing siren and confronted by two or ten enemies. This style can make a girl hate a game – the only game I forgive it for is Pokemon, because let’s face it, you would basically be wading through a sea of Rattata to see if that grey splodge is a Geodude or the Rhydon you have been searching for since Cerulean to trade for a Gengar (nobody would actually want rhydon). Pokemon needs the invisible structure. Other RPG should follow the brilliant examples of Zelda and Monster Hunter, where your prey is in front of you and is what you see. If it really must give you a surprise, at least copy Star Ocean or some of the more recent Final Fantasy where you have an enemy in view, but when you run into it (or it into you) it takes you to a battle screen which could have a number of different enemies along with the one you saw.

For more see natari-himi.com

NOKIA LUMIA 1020 PREMIUM PU LEATHER MAGNETIC FLIP CASE SKIN COVER POUCH + STYLUS BY GSDSTYLEYOURMOBILE TM (Dark Circle Book)
Offered by Style Your Mobile Limited
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars great for price, 3 Jan 2014
This is a cute little product and the 1020 fits snug inside. It isn't perfect in some area but remember it costs 3.something if you want perfect go waste your money, but this case provides everything necessary and looks nice.

Sand
Sand
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars bleurgh, 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: Sand (App)
As fun as this is it kept crashing on me, thius destroying what I had carefully built to destroy myself. Also, the controls are annoying and the undetailed nature of the kindle touch screen just doesn't lend itself to the tiny spectrums of joy.

Trebles Finals
Trebles Finals
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars ITS GOT THE MAGIC, 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: Trebles Finals (MP3 Download)
This is a beautiful track that will stick in your head all day. Go on, sing along. If you haven't watch the film yet... what is wrong with you?

Tempt the Stars (Cassie Palmer Novels)
Tempt the Stars (Cassie Palmer Novels)
by Karen Chance
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 4.67

4.0 out of 5 stars Bring on Cassie 7, 15 Oct 2013
Basically, this book just further cements how fantastic Karen Chance is and is a must for any Cassie fan... But:

Before I read Tempt the Starts, I accidentally caught wind of a review that said it wasn't all that. Well actually the review said it was full of plot holes, which plagued my mind all the way through the book. And though, personally, I feel this person was wrong, and that the plot line had the correct amount of information at any given time, it was still lacking when you compare it to the brilliance of the other books that came before. However, I don't think that is Ms Chance's fault as such.

The whole book felt more of a tremendous set up for a new direction in the series. A lot of ideas were started, but never realised. Was anybody else waiting for Cassie to put Billy Joel into an aluu? Or some similar machine akin to daddy-dearest's bucket-heads? That review I said about? I stopped reading when I reached the bitching about witches surprised at Cassie's lack of shields. But I can see why they were bitching. I'm a great believer that you can only only moan about something if you proactively set about changing it to something you will not moan about. The witches just moaned, they have yet to offer to train her. Which, I'm assuming, will be happening in the next book. I hope. But then would Cassie learning (finally) how to do magic on her own defeat her character's endearing inability to be alone?

View my full review at natari-himi.com/2013/10/13/take-a-chance-tempted-by-stars/

Can You Escape
Can You Escape
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars boggling, 27 July 2013
This review is from: Can You Escape (App)
The tricky part is more tapping the particular right place rather than figuring out where to tap. But still good fun to pass time.

Page: 1 | 2