Profile for Pam Vick > Reviews

Content by Pam Vick

Pam Vick "Pam Vick" (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Black Stainless Steel Bathroom Toilet Brush and Holder TOIL02-B
Black Stainless Steel Bathroom Toilet Brush and Holder TOIL02-B
Offered by worldofbargain888

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 11 Nov. 2015
While the product is good quality the description is exceptionally msleading as the brush itself is white not black.

Good Behaviour (VMC Book 81)
Good Behaviour (VMC Book 81)

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't read the introduction!!!, 15 April 2015
I was absolutely furious that the intro preface gave so much away. What a stupid thing to do without warning the new reader. It almost put me off entirely but I'm glad I decided to continue. This must be the best example of self delusion in a character I've ever read. Fascinating. And so well done, for the reader to be able to so well read between the lines to the real facts.

We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves
We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely loved this book, 26 Mar. 2015
What an amazing story. Was finding it a little slow, though really well written.......then came that twist. After that I couldn't put it down. Heartwarming but also cruel, sad, heartbreaking. Wonderfully drawn characters. Must read. Well deserved plaudits.

Crossing to Safety (Penguin Modern Classics)
Crossing to Safety (Penguin Modern Classics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, 16 Mar. 2015
I read a mention of this in a biography, which said it was the best book about friendship that person had ever read. I ordered it there and then and am so glad I did. Deeply drawn characters and a lovely writing style with some glorious passages.

Let the Great World Spin
Let the Great World Spin

4.0 out of 5 stars Very much enjoyed though left unsure as to exactly why, 28 Jan. 2015
I wasn't at all sure why I liked this book so much. It was warm, engaging but also slightly strange. Wonderful characterisations was definitely one reason though. The looping, intriguing storylines merged in a surprising yet comfortable way and everything seemed to happen as it should in the end. I loved the writing style, rich and warm and colourful. Very unusual but highly recommended.

Stuart: A Life Backwards
Stuart: A Life Backwards

5.0 out of 5 stars Really moving. Recommended., 16 Dec. 2014
Quite unexpectedly loved this book. Odd and beautifully strange. Caught me by surprise. Still thinking about it now. Stuart really came alive for me.

The Fiddler in the Subway: The Story of the World-Class Violinist Who Played for Handouts. . . And Other Virtuoso Performances by America's Foremost Feature Writer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Nov. 2014
Read about this guy in the Sunday Times and am so glad I did. Warm, funny, perceptive, thought provoking. Absolutely loved it. Now about to download more of his writing.

Moranthology
Moranthology

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoying all these, 29 April 2014
This review is from: Moranthology (Kindle Edition)
Working my way through all the Moran books and loving them all. Have literally snorted coffee out of my nose laughing out loud at some of the stories in this volume.

Heartburn (VMC Book 586)
Heartburn (VMC Book 586)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure at all, 3 Mar. 2014
Funny parts but generally too emotionless for my taste. Bit too clever at the expense of warmth and character I thought. I never really cared what happened.

The Railway Man
The Railway Man

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow start, dead part towards end but otherwise wonderful, 24 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Railway Man (Kindle Edition)
The early part of this book I found very slow and hard going, somewhat boring if I am honest, but once the war started I was completely gripped. The writing changes so much.....perhaps purposefully so. Again after the war a longish section where frankly I struggle to remain interested, until the wonderful denouement that I won't spoil by describing it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2014 10:50 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8