Profile for Empressah > Reviews

Empressah

A Beautiful Wedding
A Beautiful Wedding

2.0 out of 5 stars STOP!!, 13 Dec. 2013
Make sure you realise this is just a VERY short novella before buying. After learning there was a new book in the series I hastily found it on amazon and just hit pre-order without knowing that. Now I feel ripped off for spending a few pounds to just read a very slightly, more in depth version of the ending of the other books, where they get married. That is ALL that happens here. I was so excited as I was reading it, imagining the thrilling story that might lay ahead after they get married.... But then that was it. It definitely wasn't worth my time or money, and after all the plots I started to come up with, I know JM could have given us a whole new book to read. I do feel ripped off and can imagine her laughing all the way to the bank because of us fools all over-paying for these few short pages!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2013 9:43 PM GMT

The Enchantments of  Flesh and Spirit (The Wraeththu Chronicles Book 1)
The Enchantments of Flesh and Spirit (The Wraeththu Chronicles Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest books ever created!, 14 Sept. 2013
I have been to many an enchanted world, through the portals created by books. But never has a land and its people/hara ever pleased me more. Storm is an enchantress, who will weave her magic into your entire being. I am delighted to find my favourite books, of the Wraeththu mythos, are now available for my ipad kindle, and I can now re-read them at my pleasure.

Besieged (The Outcast Chronicles Book 1)
Besieged (The Outcast Chronicles Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Trilogy..., 10 Nov. 2012
I loved this first book and recommend the trilogy to everyone. But I did find that the end has been left open, so there may be more to come. This first book is fantastic though.

Beautiful Disaster
Beautiful Disaster

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic quick read, 10 Nov. 2012
I didn't know if I'd like this, so just got the sample to start with. But the I quickly bought the full book as I found I was immediately engrossed in the story and characters, and even though I have always preferred beautiful and intelligent men, to muscle bound air head jock types, the author still managed to make her leading man seem extremely attractive through his noble intensity and huge heart. The relationship types do make it similar to the likes of Twilight and 50 Shades, so if you enjoyed them, you should love this book too.

Fifty Shades of Grey: Movie Tie-in
Fifty Shades of Grey: Movie Tie-in

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite trilogy. So glad I ignored the bad reviews!, 18 Jun. 2012
I'm shocked so many people have gone out of their way to write bad reviews for these books. If they don't like darkly intense romance, they just should read something else. Some people have said its monotonous, but I think it's two young people trying to either get over their demons, or simply repeating what they like doing the most: each other:D If you enjoyed the intense romance of the Twilight books, you will love this trilogy. The author is obviously a huge fan, and these books are a homage to them. Christian Grey borders on perfection for me, and Mr Cullen was definelty her inspriation for his looks and quirks. Another tortured soul, yet so competent, domineering, and most excitingly, an expert on all things sexual. He's a predator of the most delicious kind, and his obsession mirrors the one Edward Cullen had for his Bella. These books are even more perfect as its just true love, lots of lust and all about the man and woman, without any silly werewolves getting in the way:)
At the end of the third book, there is a an extra gift of reading some of the first book from Christian's point of view, which gives you a greater insight into the events and makes another read more exciting. As soon as I finished them, I started to re-read the books again straight away, and I've never done that before! Yes, the character Ana can be annoying at times, but she is meant to be very young, insecure, and inexperienced, and there are problems within the book, that made me want to rewrite or improve sections, but then all books make me feel that way. The are to be devoured in delight, good humour and not to get ones panties in a twist over and write boringly negative reviews about!:) No wonder these books are at the top of all the best seller lists. Enjoy x
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2012 11:25 PM BST